Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1183503 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #1180 on: August 19, 2018, 11:08:40 PM »
There usually is early warning signs when things might go wrong. Don't have your head buried in the sand.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ludmila

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #1181 on: August 19, 2018, 11:24:38 PM »
There usually is early warning signs when things might go wrong. Don't have your head buried in the sand.
100%, I learned this the hard way in my business, no need for details, but it was early warning signs I should have taken seriously.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 20, 2018, 01:01:11 AM »
If the group genuinly never got it, are they responsible?
I wouldn’t want to deal with a group that doesn’t take responsibility for remediating issues with the carrier or merchant once the items are in their property. And if ups says they got the item but they disagree, I wouldn’t want to be the one to take it up with UPS. I’d want much more than a few percent to take on that risk as well as the risk that I never get paid back.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 20, 2018, 02:38:34 AM »
I've helped create many "UPS Methods" in this business. The only person I've ever bought for by shipping directly to a warehouse whether or not in DE was someone I trust and know personally. I know first hand how many packages can get stolen or lost, (and it's more than you think). If I buy for someone I don't know, such as MYS, I ship it to me and drop it off by them.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
Re: Buying Groups
« Reply #1184 on: August 20, 2018, 08:01:41 AM »
When you say NY/NJ do you mean to your own house? And that's not a stira to what I said. Thats another way for eBay to see that you're buying for them.

Unless you meant that eBay doesn't care if you ship to Delaware. Just that you shouldn't buy more than the limit?
yes
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline Mount Scopus

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: August 20, 2018, 09:14:19 AM »
Lol. The second half of your post literally shows how they aren't at fault for what you blame them on the first half.

1.   Lol! I was clear that the first story was when items were shipped to them, whereas, the second story the items were shipped to me. Additionally, please show me where I blamed the buying groups for the box $5k box that was shipped to me? All I said was that I am done buying for them. The headaches and sleepless nights worrying about my merchandise is not worth it.

2.   Based on the MYS buying group open chat, I am not the only one who has had merchandise delivered to their Delaware warehouse and for them “not to have received it”. In essence, all of us were told “We don’t care. If it was not scanned in, it was not delivered”.

3.   I have on good record that MYS lost control of what was going on during the Prime Day sales and had to ship pallets from DE to their Crown Heights warehouse to be sorted and scanned… Their lack of taking responsibility, or customer service, is disgraceful. Are you seriously telling me that their system is 100% fool proof and while UPS’s system can make an error by marking an item delivered, but it’s impossible for their wonderful high tech system to make an error?

4.   After being told "Go pound sand. We never received your items" a friend of mine borderline harassed Mark Mann into searching his warehouse for his items, and guess what? His items were found! Fool proof system, huh?

He's blaming them for merchandise they say they never received, yet he himself saw it makes sense that they aren't at fault when he lost a 5k package.

5.   Do you work for these buying groups? Or do they just pay you to come on here and defend them?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 09:23:40 AM by N1GEL »
"An elephant for a quarter, is only a good deal if you need an elephant and have a quarter”

Offline Mount Scopus

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 20, 2018, 09:15:38 AM »
there are hundreds of people who have never had any issues... with spending many times $5k

I’ve spent over $150k since the beginning of 2018 across all buying groups. This is not the first issue I had with MYS. I’ve been baited and switched a few times when it comes to commissions, and when I was getting nowhere, let it slide. This $5k box as well as the lost package shipped to them was the last straw. I did not blame them at all for the $5k box, but blamed myself for believing that they care when the issue is with them.
"An elephant for a quarter, is only a good deal if you need an elephant and have a quarter”

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 20, 2018, 09:23:23 AM »
"Go pound sand. We never received your items"
This is a major red flag!!!

Offline Mount Scopus

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 20, 2018, 09:28:59 AM »
This is a major red flag!!!

I'm not saying no one should buy for the groups, just be very aware of what you're getting yourself into. Bottom line, when you have issues (which you probably will), you're on your own.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #1189 on: August 20, 2018, 09:37:05 AM »

1.Lol! I was clear that the first story was when items were shipped to them, whereas, the second story the items were shipped to me. Additionally, please show me where I blamed the buying groups for the box $5k box that was shipped to me? All I said was that I am done buying for them. The headaches and sleepless nights worrying about my merchandise is not worth it.
I made a very simple statement, which I don't understand why you can't comprehend.
Just like a 5k package was lost at your house and it wasn't your fault. (Between the store, and delivery service.) The same can happen there, a package can get lost and it isn't their fault.
The rest of the situation I didn't reply to, I'm not saying anyone is 100% innocent, all I know is my experience, and in my experience of thousands of dollars I had no problems.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Mount Scopus

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 20, 2018, 09:44:55 AM »
I made a very simple statement, which I don't understand why you can't comprehend.
Just like a 5k package was lost at your house and it wasn't your fault. (Between the store, and delivery service.) The same can happen there, a package can get lost and it isn't their fault.
The rest of the situation I didn't reply to, I'm not saying anyone is 100% innocent, all I know is my experience, and in my experience of thousands of dollars I had no problems.

If an item was lost in their warehouse, yes, I think they should take responsibility.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 20, 2018, 09:50:19 AM »
The package wasn't lost. It was stolen after delivered. If the package is delivered to their warehouse they better make sure it is not stolen/misplaced. You having thousand of dollars with no problems is 100% useless. It is how they handle problems that is important.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #1192 on: August 20, 2018, 09:56:10 AM »
The package wasn't lost. It was stolen after delivered. If the package is delivered to their warehouse they better make sure it is not stolen/misplaced. You having thousand of dollars with no problems is 100% useless. It is how they handle problems that is important.
Also, if they expect you to spend hours on the phone to resolve issues that occurred within their premises, that significantly reduces the value proposition.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 20, 2018, 09:56:59 AM »
Also, if they expect you to spend hours on the phone to resolve issues that occurred within their premises, that significantly reduces the value proposition.
They should have something in place to help resolve the situation.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 20, 2018, 09:58:09 AM »
They should have something in place to help resolve the situation.
You think their fancy enough to have a customer service department...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 20, 2018, 10:00:11 AM »
You think their fancy enough to have a customer service department...
No but a simple paragraph on want to do is asking to much?

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 20, 2018, 10:00:59 AM »
No but a simple paragraph on want to do is asking to much?
Caveat emptor

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 20, 2018, 10:10:38 AM »
:)
Agreed. That’s why I stopped with the groups unless they offer major commissions

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #1199 on: August 20, 2018, 10:39:06 AM »
Agreed. That’s why I stopped with the groups unless they offer major commissions
+1
#TYH