Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1182997 times)

Offline Markmann20

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • THE BUYING GROUP W/ COST & ABOVE COST DEALS
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #1360 on: October 22, 2018, 09:57:10 PM »
Its very simple MYS for the longest time has always honored the pricing for all buyers even when market falls or a item has a price drop we always honored and we take the hit no issue if the market falls.

We now are putting in to affect that a buyer who lets say hasn't bought in a month or more and all of a sudden whatever groups he was buying for starts rejecting stuff so he comes to MYS to dump the product that his new group is rejecting we have the right to refuse it if you would like to know your standings with MYS you can chat with support to find out as we have a great report system.

But a buyer who is active more frequently we are willing to take a loss on cause we are committed to our buyers unlike other groups who will reject you even if you are loyal to them cause they don't want to take a hit cause this game is a penny game sometimes not everything is a win win

if you have any further questions or concerns or anything at all you can feel free to contact me about anything MYS related
WWW.BuyingGroup.COM

Offline yakrot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 23, 2018, 02:20:00 AM »
Its very simple MYS for the longest time has always honored the pricing for all buyers even when market falls or a item has a price drop we always honored and we take the hit no issue if the market falls.

We now are putting in to affect that a buyer who lets say hasn't bought in a month or more and all of a sudden whatever groups he was buying for starts rejecting stuff so he comes to MYS to dump the product that his new group is rejecting we have the right to refuse it if you would like to know your standings with MYS you can chat with support to find out as we have a great report system.

But a buyer who is active more frequently we are willing to take a loss on cause we are committed to our buyers unlike other groups who will reject you even if you are loyal to them cause they don't want to take a hit cause this game is a penny game sometimes not everything is a win win

if you have any further questions or concerns or anything at all you can feel free to contact me about anything MYS related
I deal with mark all the time and recommend using mys they are very good and reliable. At most they will ask me to prove I was buying an item while it was still on a list. In my understanding unless they post that an item should no longer be bought you can buy that item until it’s no longer on a future list this way you only ever have to look back at the most recent list and only buy what is listed there. I do use other groups as well but I consider mys to be very honest and convenient

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 23, 2018, 02:22:57 PM »
In this industry most of the groups are more or less buying the same stuff. There are many people that buy and then whichever group is most convenient to give to/is paying the highest commission will get all their stuff. I understand nobody wants to take the hit on these PS4s,but to have a policy of 10 days from when it's posted and then go back on your word and say that only applies to certain buyers is just bad business. AND A LIE. AND UNFAIR. Time will tell if people stop buying for groups that aren't honest.  (FYI- I didn't buy any of these PS4)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 23, 2018, 02:26:11 PM »
Pretty soon it will be like the brokers (miles/points) business.  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: October 23, 2018, 02:31:56 PM »
Pretty soon it will be like the brokers (miles/points) business.  :)
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Markmann20

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: October 23, 2018, 04:10:07 PM »
In this industry most of the groups are more or less buying the same stuff. There are many people that buy and then whichever group is most convenient to give to/is paying the highest commission will get all their stuff. I understand nobody wants to take the hit on these PS4s,but to have a policy of 10 days from when it's posted and then go back on your word and say that only applies to certain buyers is just bad business. AND A LIE. AND UNFAIR. Time will tell if people stop buying for groups that aren't honest.  (FYI- I didn't buy any of these PS4)

Why should any buying group take a hit on someone who hasn't brought anything in weeks or months he's coming to the group to dump cause the groups he normally buys for turned him away or he was selling on his own online and he can't sell anymore.

The policy is very simple its 10 days from when its off the list if the market falls on it we are happy to take it and take the loss but someone who shows up just brining that item and hasn't given in a while we can refuse just like other groups do were just the only ones making it known.

Basically make-sure which ever groups you order for have your back
WWW.BuyingGroup.COM

Offline Coinguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: October 23, 2018, 06:01:47 PM »
Why should any buying group take a hit on someone who hasn't brought anything in weeks or months he's coming to the group to dump cause the groups he normally buys for turned him away or he was selling on his own online and he can't sell anymore.

The policy is very simple its 10 days from when its off the list if the market falls on it we are happy to take it and take the loss but someone who shows up just brining that item and hasn't given in a while we can refuse just like other groups do were just the only ones making it known.

I wouldn’t trust a word this douche says.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: October 23, 2018, 06:04:59 PM »
I wouldn’t trust a word this douche says.
How do you really feel?  :)

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: October 23, 2018, 06:53:05 PM »

See, the issue is you don't know that. People buy here and there and aren't consistent.

Can be because of Best buy cancellation's deals not lucrative enoughe, don't need to meet minimum spend etc.

Your making an assumption to back your stance.

Life is as good as you make it...

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: October 23, 2018, 07:04:09 PM »

See, the issue is you don't know that. People buy here and there and aren't consistent.

Can be because of Best buy cancellation's deals not lucrative enoughe, don't need to meet minimum spend etc.

Your making an assumption to back your stance.
+1
FWIW I never trusted him since the whole USA debacle... I rarely had issues with USA and when I did they stood behind their word at a loss... This guy has been changing the rules since day one. Like it was the buyers responsibility to help him make money....

Offline Coinguy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 23, 2018, 07:51:17 PM »
Mys/ sgm screwed me out of a lot of money. All of this has been clearly documented and will soon be the subject of a  court case/ bes din.

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: October 23, 2018, 08:03:21 PM »
Mys/ sgm screwed me out of a lot of money. All of this has been clearly documented and will soon be the subject of a  court case/ bes din.
Were you buying for him? Or what related to the coin deal that was recently posted?
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 23, 2018, 08:05:52 PM »

Online gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 23, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »
It would seem that this rule may be fair in concept, but customers are much more encouraged, and likely to participate, when there are clear, transparent, universal rules, knowable in advance before pulling the trigger.
(i.e. if you didn't spend $XYZ/month in the last month/year, you're on your own)
you don't want your good customers needing to guess 'where they stand'
(and no, nobody wants to need to contact customer service for this)

Offline Markmann20

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: October 23, 2018, 08:51:49 PM »
It would seem that this rule may be fair in concept, but customers are much more encouraged, and likely to participate, when there are clear, transparent, universal rules, knowable in advance before pulling the trigger.
(i.e. if you didn't spend $XYZ/month in the last month/year, you're on your own)
you don't want your good customers needing to guess 'where they stand'
(and no, nobody wants to need to contact customer service for this)

Obviously if they are good customer or frequent buyers they have nothing to be worried about and they don't need to guess were they stand. if a buyer feels like he has to worry about us not taking from him he should reach out if he feels like that
WWW.BuyingGroup.COM

Offline knowitall

• View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: October 23, 2018, 08:59:14 PM »

Sorry Mark, your policy ain't simple at all. Like others have said, it's not clear or transparent at all. What does "not frequent buyers" mean? And to leave to a YMMV at the time of drop off/pick up? LOL

Mark, you need to understand that many guys only buy when they sign up for a CC. Or when one order will net over X amount in profit.
Especially in the last few months, there haven't been such profitable deals. What you have demonstrated over this PS4 fiasco, is one thing: ONE CAN NEVER RELY ON MYS.

Offline knowitall

• View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 23, 2018, 09:00:29 PM »
Obviously if they are good customer or frequent buyers they have nothing to be worried about and they don't need to guess were they stand. if a buyer feels like he has to worry about us not taking from him he should reach out if he feels like that
so before every order "Hi Mark, I want to know if you will still take this from me if the price goes down. Please let me know, thanks"

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 23, 2018, 09:04:19 PM »
I would stop now before your reputation gets completely trashed.
@Markmann20

Offline Yehuda25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 23, 2018, 09:13:27 PM »
@Markmann20
Nah, keep the comedy coming please
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline knowitall

• View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: October 23, 2018, 09:13:40 PM »
@Markmann20
It happens to be I've had good experiences with MYS. (except their commission match policy-which I've found to be BS) And the Lakewood pickup guy is very nice. However this recent PS4 drama is very concerning to a buyer like me that isn't ordering all the time.