Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 303743 times)

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #1350 on: October 22, 2018, 10:12:44 AM »
How the hell could they possibly prove that? Also, either you have a guarantee to take a product for x number of days after it was posted or you don't, you don't get to pick and choose who that guarantee applies to. Loyalty in this business is earned by proving that you'll take care of your buyers, it isn't a right that you have as a buying group to demand from them.
I think it's very simple, you buy a product with the intention to give it to them, they will keep to their responsibility and take it for the guaranteed time frame.
If you are looking for the highest bidder and now they are losing money, or don't want the product, just like any buyer in any business they can deny it from you unless they agreed to take it.

How the will differentiate between who has what intentions, I have no idea, but the concept is right.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Online tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: October 22, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »
How the will differentiate between who has what intentions, I have no idea, but the concept is right.
Key words right there. If they are gonna braoadcast this they need to know the answer to that.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: October 22, 2018, 10:15:26 AM »
I think it's very simple, you buy a product with the intention to give it to them, they will keep to their responsibility and take it for the guaranteed time frame.
If you are looking for the highest bidder and now they are losing money, or don't want the product, just like any buyer in any business they can deny it from you unless they agreed to take it.

No it isn't, either you agree to buy a certain product at a certain price or you don't, you can't pick and choose who that guarantee applies to after the fact.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #1353 on: October 22, 2018, 10:18:05 AM »
Key words right there. If they are gonna braoadcast this they need to know the answer to that.
They may be relying on honesty, or say an item drops $20 in price, and suddenly someone who didn't buy for 3 months brings 30 of them, we all know what happened.
No it isn't, either you agree to buy a certain product at a certain price or you don't, you can't pick and choose who that guarantee applies to after the fact.
Business doesn't work like that.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 22, 2018, 10:19:15 AM »
Business doesn't work like that.
Capitalism works like that, if people can't trust your guarantee, they won't do business with you.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 22, 2018, 10:19:57 AM »
They may be relying on honesty, or say an item drops $20 in price, and suddenly someone who didn't buy for 3 months brings 30 of them, we all know what happened.Business doesn't work like that.
Issue is that is now highly subjective to the admins opinion. Hence the reference to Amex T&C.

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 22, 2018, 10:21:57 AM »
They may be relying on honesty, or say an item drops $20 in price, and suddenly someone who didn't buy for 3 months brings 30 of them, we all know what happened.
USA will send out a broadcast and say don't buy xyz anymore. We may require a proof of purchase at drop off proving you didn't buy it after this message. Or something to that effect. To me that's the best solution.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 22, 2018, 10:33:10 AM »
This is what happens with fly-by-night companies. They need a tracking system in place. Then if you don't fulfill your commitment they give you the boot.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 22, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »
Eta:
Problem is lack of defined loyalty and ambiguity about whether a deal will be honored. The ambiguity is the key issue here.
It would even be better to give out status when someone hits letís say $100k call them a gold member, and then send out a broadcast that for all non-gold members this deal is dead. Or they can be like the other groups and treat everyone the same and stick to the prices or cancel deals for all and thatís it. Idk.

I buy for them but also for 2-3 other groups and I honestly donít know if they consider me loyal so Iím probably done buying for them unless itís same day they post.
You can always return the item. But it's a pain.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 22, 2018, 11:51:13 AM »
This is what happens with fly-by-night companies. They need a tracking system in place. Then if you don't fulfill your commitment they give you the boot.
They have a tracking system. It can't be to hard to add a plug in to tell them how much you bought and they'll make you put it into the system right away or they won't accept it. On group I buy for on certain deals makes you email them right away if the price drops or if they suspect that they might take a loss on it.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Markmann20

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 22, 2018, 09:57:10 PM »
Its very simple MYS for the longest time has always honored the pricing for all buyers even when market falls or a item has a price drop we always honored and we take the hit no issue if the market falls.

We now are putting in to affect that a buyer who lets say hasn't bought in a month or more and all of a sudden whatever groups he was buying for starts rejecting stuff so he comes to MYS to dump the product that his new group is rejecting we have the right to refuse it if you would like to know your standings with MYS you can chat with support to find out as we have a great report system.

But a buyer who is active more frequently we are willing to take a loss on cause we are committed to our buyers unlike other groups who will reject you even if you are loyal to them cause they don't want to take a hit cause this game is a penny game sometimes not everything is a win win

if you have any further questions or concerns or anything at all you can feel free to contact me about anything MYS related
MYSBUYINGGROUP.COM
Earn More Discounted Gift Cards
Fluz APP - http://bit.ly/2XDWXAT

Offline yakrot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 23, 2018, 02:20:00 AM »
Its very simple MYS for the longest time has always honored the pricing for all buyers even when market falls or a item has a price drop we always honored and we take the hit no issue if the market falls.

We now are putting in to affect that a buyer who lets say hasn't bought in a month or more and all of a sudden whatever groups he was buying for starts rejecting stuff so he comes to MYS to dump the product that his new group is rejecting we have the right to refuse it if you would like to know your standings with MYS you can chat with support to find out as we have a great report system.

But a buyer who is active more frequently we are willing to take a loss on cause we are committed to our buyers unlike other groups who will reject you even if you are loyal to them cause they don't want to take a hit cause this game is a penny game sometimes not everything is a win win

if you have any further questions or concerns or anything at all you can feel free to contact me about anything MYS related
I deal with mark all the time and recommend using mys they are very good and reliable. At most they will ask me to prove I was buying an item while it was still on a list. In my understanding unless they post that an item should no longer be bought you can buy that item until itís no longer on a future list this way you only ever have to look back at the most recent list and only buy what is listed there. I do use other groups as well but I consider mys to be very honest and convenient

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 23, 2018, 02:22:57 PM »
In this industry most of the groups are more or less buying the same stuff. There are many people that buy and then whichever group is most convenient to give to/is paying the highest commission will get all their stuff. I understand nobody wants to take the hit on these PS4s,but to have a policy of 10 days from when it's posted and then go back on your word and say that only applies to certain buyers is just bad business. AND A LIE. AND UNFAIR. Time will tell if people stop buying for groups that aren't honest.  (FYI- I didn't buy any of these PS4)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 23, 2018, 02:26:11 PM »
Pretty soon it will be like the brokers (miles/points) business.  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: October 23, 2018, 02:31:56 PM »
Pretty soon it will be like the brokers (miles/points) business.  :)