Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 273491 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #2175 on: February 18, 2019, 01:57:05 PM »
Thank you for the edit, however it's still not the full truth. True you may have been there for the birth of the trucking company, however it grew a whole lot more since you left. And AFAIK you were definitely not there for any of the other purchases, especially not The Buzz, which you wrote about with lots of "authority" earlier.

Anyways, I'm not here to argue. My point is, you left 2 years ago and have no idea what happened since then—as you yourself admitted—so please stop spreading rumors. It helps no-one.
Would you like to share the actual story?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: February 18, 2019, 02:07:08 PM »
Thank you for the edit, however it's still not the full truth. True you may have been there for the birth of the trucking company, however it grew a whole lot more since you left. And AFAIK you were definitely not there for any of the other purchases, especially not The Buzz, which you wrote about with lots of "authority" earlier.

Anyways, I'm not here to argue. My point is, you left 2 years ago and have no idea what happened since then—as you yourself admitted—so please stop spreading rumors. It helps no-one.

Yes I apologize for anything that may be exaggerated or assuming. From vendors and employees I kept on hearing of the exponential growth. I was not there for The Buzz (I think it went live less than a month after I left IIRC) but I did help a little with the preliminary UW. I spread no rumors, I seek to help all. Admins can verify that I seeked to have certain earlier posts removed for your sake.

HaRav Password, may you or whomever you represent come out this B'Shalom, may all of the stakeholders do well, and may the future be as bright as possible. I think you guys are great, I personally owe you a debt of gratitude for giving me a job and the experience, and I hope you will be Zoche to do well in whatever you choose.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 02:12:38 PM by YesThatsMe »

Offline Password

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: February 18, 2019, 02:25:18 PM »

It is still a developing story and at this point I do not feel comfortable writing about it until it's over.
Plus, in order for the full story to be written up, there would need to be collaboration from multiple people, or from the owner himself, as there are so many moving parts. I don't think it would be fair to write up on only part of the story.

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #2178 on: February 18, 2019, 02:30:10 PM »
It is still a developing story and at this point I do not feel comfortable writing about it until it's over.
Plus, in order for the full story to be written up, there would need to be collaboration from multiple people, or from the owner himself, as there are so many moving parts. I don't think it would be fair to write up on only part of the story.
unless more people are still giving him $ what can be possibly be developing?
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline Chief Rabbi of New York

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: February 18, 2019, 02:49:16 PM »

madoff story is still going on
they are still recovering money...

so you are saying just never to talk about this

are you the owner? or just friends with the owner ?
Show Some Respect for Me, I am The Chief Rabbi of New York :)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: February 18, 2019, 02:53:26 PM »
Of course not

Offline Password

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: February 18, 2019, 02:57:01 PM »
madoff story is still going on
they are still recovering money...

so you are saying just never to talk about this

are you the owner? or just friends with the owner ?

The victims' story may not be over, but Madoff's sure is...

And I'm neither. I am someone involved in the story and I am just trying to stop the spread of misinformation, which I believe was mostly taken care of. I can now put this account back into hibernation for another 4 years  ;)

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #2182 on: February 18, 2019, 03:01:23 PM »

And I'm neither. I am someone involved in the story and I am just trying to stop the spread of misinformation, which I believe was mostly taken care of. I can now put this account back into hibernation for another 4 years  ;)
the best way to stop misinformation , is by sharing the correct information - not by hibernating
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Online zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: February 18, 2019, 03:02:41 PM »

You have not shared your side of the story. If you believe that there is misinformation, you need to provide corrected information.

Offline Password

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: February 18, 2019, 03:10:03 PM »
You have not shared your side of the story. If you believe that there is misinformation, you need to provide corrected information.
Like I said:
Please respect my decision. Thank you.

Offline Chief Rabbi of New York

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: February 18, 2019, 03:12:34 PM »

how are you involved ?

Like I said:Please respect my decision. Thank you.

seriously ? you dont provide any information, you just say for us to be quiet ?
bottom line is, you are saying that someone should steal and then tell others not to accuse them or bring it up

innocent until proven guilty.
now that we see the charges against them and that they screwed people over and there is proof, now you need proof to defend it
Show Some Respect for Me, I am The Chief Rabbi of New York :)

Online zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: February 18, 2019, 03:17:02 PM »
@Password

The cat is already out of the bag. The story has clearly been reported by Crownheights.info. If you believe it to be fake news, then now would be the time to speak up or the fake news will continue to spread to the point where it won’t be reversible.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2187 on: February 18, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »
One of the partners that left him because he was taking the money from company A to cover company B told me the same,
"He did stupid moves, but was a nice person never did anything against me"
Similar things were posted here.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2188 on: February 18, 2019, 03:18:19 PM »
Like I said:Please respect my decision. Thank you.

Are you respecting the decisions of others who are choosing to discuss it?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline Password

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: February 18, 2019, 03:22:12 PM »
how are you involved ?

seriously ? you dont provide any information, you just say for us to be quiet ?
bottom line is, you are saying that someone should steal and then tell others not to accuse them or bring it up

innocent until proven guilty.
now that we see the charges against them and that they screwed people over and there is proof, now you need proof to defend it

I'm not defending him, and I'm not saying it shouldn't be spoken about. All I am saying is if someone is stating "facts", they should make sure they are indeed facts.
Like i said, the issue has been taken care of.

Anyone who was personally involved and has first hand information is more than welcome to speak out. It's the rumors and third hand information that should be stopped.