Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1182814 times)

Offline PSA

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #2640 on: February 25, 2019, 11:49:41 PM »
Here is a little update. Did alot more digging recently. The whole story about S**** Credit card processor getting frozen is a lie. He just decided that he had enough of the Ponzi scheme and didn't want continue this, and decided to bust out. He's still doing sales and, his processor is doing just fine. Hes sitting on millions of dollars of inventory that he continues to sell on Amazon. his store name on Amazon is Super deal ( wonder if there is a way to alert Amazon about what he did)
And just using whatever money he can get his hands on to retain legal help to cover himself. In addition he used people cards without permission
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:41:45 PM by jj1000 »

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: February 25, 2019, 11:52:11 PM »
Williamsburg folks largely don't use the internet. Also older people are more likely to read those publications than Dans Deals.

This was posted about six weeks ago by user CMEY
Still shocks me that someone would just see an ad like that and give away their card. I guess I can sort of understand if it's a friend/relative, but just based on an ad in a magazine? Insane

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: February 25, 2019, 11:52:30 PM »
Here is a little update. Did alot more digging recently. The whole story about S**** Credit card processor getting frozen is a lie. He just decided that he had enough of the Ponzi scheme and didn't want continue this, and decided to bust out. He's still doing sales and, his processor is doing just fine. Hes sitting on millions of dollars of inventory that he continues to sell on Amazon. This is his store https://www.amazon.com/s?i=merchant-items&me=A3ACUPJ4C2HX16 ( wonder if there is a way to alert Amazon about what he did)
And just using whatever money he can get his hands on to retain legal help to cover himself. In addition he used people cards without permission
+1 I heard the same.... I posted already a few days ago  that the whole freezing accounts wasn’t true....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:41:55 PM by jj1000 »

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: February 25, 2019, 11:53:41 PM »
Still shocks me that someone would just see an ad like that and give away their card. I guess I can sort of understand if it's a friend/relative, but just based on an ad in a magazine? Insane

Because it says "Card Gelt" and it sounds frum and friendly. And since frum people never steal because that would be an aveira, there is no reason in the world not to trust them.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: February 25, 2019, 11:54:53 PM »
Btw imho buying groups are criminally prosucutable.. but this is not the thread and it's been discussed.
link?

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2645 on: February 25, 2019, 11:57:24 PM »
Here is a little update. Did alot more digging recently. The whole story about S**** Credit card processor getting frozen is a lie. He just decided that he had enough of the Ponzi scheme and didn't want continue this, and decided to bust out. He's still doing sales and, his processor is doing just fine. Hes sitting on millions of dollars of inventory that he continues to sell on Amazon. his store name on Amazon is Super deal ( wonder if there is a way to alert Amazon about what he did)
Do yourself a favor and get good legal advice
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:40:53 PM by jj1000 »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: February 26, 2019, 12:03:58 AM »
can't imagine he still has his processor after all those charge backs...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:42:04 PM by jj1000 »
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: February 26, 2019, 12:11:34 AM »
Williamsburg folks largely don't use the internet. Also older people are more likely to read those publications than Dans Deals.

This was posted about six weeks ago by user CMEY

I’ve been glancing at the shul papers every so often and haven’t seen the ad in the past couple weeks but I may have simply missed it.

Offline JACKBLUE

• View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: February 26, 2019, 12:14:57 AM »
can't imagine he still has his processor after all those charge backs...
you seriously think he only has 1 processor? If he swiped a few hundred Million a year he probably had tons of accounts.... Toners.com was 1 of his accounts and that business is long over to the best of my knowledge......

Offline Yehuda25

• View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: February 26, 2019, 12:20:34 AM »
you seriously think he only has 1 processor? If he swiped a few hundred Million a year he probably had tons of accounts.... Toners.com was 1 of his accounts and that business is long over to the best of my knowledge......
woah, im sure they all link somehow, though maybe not right away

― Aristotle

Offline JACKBLUE

• View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: February 26, 2019, 12:21:45 AM »
woah, im sure they all link somehow, though maybe not right away
apparently he knew what he’s doing here....

Offline Yehuda25

• View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: February 26, 2019, 12:23:17 AM »
apparently he knew what he’s doing here....
:'(

― Aristotle

Offline pointer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: February 26, 2019, 12:32:15 AM »
I’ve been glancing at the shul papers every so often and haven’t seen the ad in the past couple weeks but I may have simply missed it.
https://www.dailyluach.com/uploads/issue%5b1%5d.pdf (p.6)

Offline PSA2

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: February 26, 2019, 12:43:26 AM »
+1 I heard the same.... I posted already a few days ago  that the whole freezing accounts wasn’t true....
I am a long time ddfer. Got a new name for this purpose..

Some info that I gathered in the past 24 hours.

I hope its not too much info and I may get heat on this. But I feel I have to post this so people should know whats going on and whom to trust. And sorry for my lack of grammer skills...

This S**** case is far grather then the amazon business and credit cards.
There is alot of real estate involved here.
I just heard today that last week he sold one of the houses that he owned in B.P.

He took alot of cash from " investors" to buy lots to build warehouses on them. I personally know a few people who gave him around 250k each.

He is not picking up the phone anymore. His son in-law is handling his calles and he tells everybody to call Burach K. aka Transmadia.

Now a few facts about transmadia
They know very well how the banks operate  regarding how disputes work. They are so powerful that ashford watch company paid him like a insurance to protect them from customer disputes.

I have a close friend who got scammed by a different story not mentioned on this form by a very heimish bunch of ganuvim. The ganovim told him that they hired transmedia to help them both to get out of this mess. After 5 months of supposedly " working" he saw no results and the banks were still going after him every day. He tried to call his transmadia rep Sal B. (I believe its the same guy who testified in the gemach case on behalf of the gemach) and he was Basicly told to go fly a kite , don't call me anymore.

I met this morning with another victim in this case and he told me that a few yingerliet that hired transmadia for $7500 each that he should work on their behalf, they went to willi to meet With burach K. And were told about the same thing. Screw you. Can't help you. Go fly a kite.
Probably because he got involved with the S**** case and its a very big case....

There is someone in B.P. someone Whos last name starts with a P. . he supposedly helps people to get out of messes like this . although I heard good things about him. I have reason to believe that he works with transmedia hand in hand.
Last week (I believe it was) Wednesday there were a bunch of people at Mr P. House wanting to get advise how to proceed In this S**** case, in the middle of the meeting burach K. from transmadia walked in and tried to convince everybody not to dispute but to work with him. Obviously because it makes his work harder. ( wondering how dis Burch K. Know of this meeting that night)  Beaware he works for the merchant in this case its stricter. Not for the card holders the victims.
 by the way he charges 30% of the recovered money.

People go get professional legal help. maybe form a group and work together with a lawyer.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:40:25 PM by jj1000 »

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #2654 on: February 26, 2019, 01:17:59 AM »
What can Transmedia do that merchants and corporations can't do?
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: February 26, 2019, 01:22:22 AM »
If people would know what/how they dispute they'd all do it. 
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: February 26, 2019, 01:29:03 AM »

http://tranmedia.com/ite/why-choose-us.htm

Apparently they know all the loopholes and are super aggressive.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 01:39:17 AM by cmey »

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2657 on: February 26, 2019, 01:48:53 AM »
There is someone in B.P. someone Whos last name starts with a P. . he supposedly helps people to get out of messes like this . although I heard good things about him. I have reason to believe that he works with transmedia hand in hand.
Last week (I believe it was) Wednesday there were a bunch of people at Mr P. House wanting to get advise how to proceed In this stricher case, in the middle of the meeting burach K. from transmadia walked in and tried to convince everybody not to dispute but to work with him. Obviously because it makes his work harder. ( wondering how dis Burch K. Know of this meeting that night)  Beaware he works for the merchant in this case its stricter. Not for the card holders the victims.
 by the way he charges 30% of the recovered money.

People go get professional legal help. maybe form a group and work together with a lawyer.

I cannot comment on most of what you wrote, but I can share whatever I know about Mr. P.

I don't know when Mr. P. started helping people with legal/financial problems, but I assume it was when the financial crisis hit in 2008. When I first met him, he was still operating out of his living room, nothing like what he has going on now twice a week in his basement.

Essentially, he is a good man, with knowledge and experience. And he tries to help (and has helped) countless people navigate their way out of debt, judgments, etc.I have no idea what the numbers are, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's it's over $100MM in debt that was eliminated with his help over the last 12-13 years.  I have referred some people to him, and he has referred some people to me when I was helping people with mortgage modifications during the HAMP/MHA years.

As more and more people came to him, with ever more complex situations, his operation evolved (and is probably always evolving), with attorneys working with him (being paid by the customers - but often with their fees bargained down by Mr. P.).

I think an important part of his work is his charming personality. People come to him in desperation, and he calms them and gives them hope. One cannot downplay the importance of this. A person needs to be in a healthy state of mind in order to dig themselves out of a hole.

The second part of his help is his understanding of the legal system (at least as far as it comes to debt collection). People in debt are afraid of losing their assets, having wages garnished, etc etc. The reality is, that if one understands the world of debt collection, in most cases (bar those cash advance companies that have you sign a confirmation of judgment in advance) if one doesn't just ignore the debt collection attempts, but rather handles them with a thought through strategy and plan, one can usually settle (unsecured, and sometimes even secured - as we have seen with mortgages) debt on favorable terms.

A vast majority of judgments obtained in the area of debt collection are default judgments. Debtors ignore the summonses, and a default judgment is granted. Whenever that is not the case, as the more the creditor sees that they may be dragged into court over and over, the more eager they are to settle. And the courts usually try to help the debtors negotiate a settlement. The key is to put emotions aside, go in knowing that you have nothing to fear or lose, and stick to your position with a lowball protracted settlement offer (for example: I'll pay 5% now, or pay 25% in SMALL, manageable installments over as many years as it takes).

In the early days Mr. P (or a paid assistant) would write an answer to a summons and complaint, and even file it in court personally for people. As the volume grew, that became impossible. Various lawyers work with him (it's a great way to get clients) and do the work for the clients (though unlike Mr. P. they don't work for free).

Obviously, these cases are more complex than just a person getting over their head with debt they can't pay. I don't have the knowledge or experience that Mr P. has. But I do believe he would try to work things out for the little guys, to the extent he is able to. It's definitely worth it to talk to him and hear his advice (which might evolve as he learns more about the cases).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 02:06:12 AM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2658 on: February 26, 2019, 01:55:12 AM »
http://tranmedia.com/ite/why-choose-us.htm

Apparently they know all the loopholes and are super aggressive.
Seems like they do for businesses on the charge back side, what Mr. P. does for debtors on the collection side.

This is what might make these cases more complex, there are two Yiddishe sides here, working with "self-proclaimed dispute-gurus" (to use Transmedia's term).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Yehuda25

• View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: February 26, 2019, 01:59:24 AM »
Sounds like a movie

― Aristotle