Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1182957 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #2680 on: February 26, 2019, 11:31:28 AM »
Info on what?
הלכה, אמונה, מנהגי חב"ד etc.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: February 26, 2019, 11:47:27 AM »

This stricher case is far grather then the amazon business and credit cards.
There is alot of real estate involved here.
I just heard today that last week he sold one of the houses that he owned in B.P.

Is this info hearsay only? Does anyone have addresses of properties? Because that is really the only assets that anyone can go after, they have no cash laying around and the inventory is probably not worth much.

Offline PSA

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: February 26, 2019, 11:54:28 AM »
Is this info hearsay only? Does anyone have addresses of properties? Because that is really the only assets that anyone can go after, they have no cash laying around and the inventory is probably not worth much.
I have the addresses to real estate that he owns, but there isn't much liquidity in them. Afaik he only owns a small percentage, as mortgages etc. haven't been paid much. His own house isn't under his name, it's under some business entity. He has no cash at all, and whatever inventory he has isn't being used to pay his debtors

Offline YesThatsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: February 26, 2019, 11:56:16 AM »
I have the addresses to real estate that he owns, but there isn't much liquidity in them. Afaik he only owns a small percentage, as mortgages etc. haven't been paid much. His own house isn't under his name, it's under some business entity. He has no cash at all, and whatever inventory he has isn't being used to pay his debtors

I cry reading this. Wow wow wow RBSH what did we come to...

Offline YesThatsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: February 26, 2019, 12:01:27 PM »
Admins, why is the PSA not STICKIED to the top of DDMS???

Offline joey89

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: February 26, 2019, 12:07:36 PM »

Klein isn't working for free. He charges 25-30% with 5% up front non refundable, and there is no guarantee that you'll get your money back
And if he is working for the borrowers he has an incentive to say that disputes can be illegal.
The only person that you should take legal advice from is a lawyer that is working for you and has your best interests in mind

Offline chayal101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: February 26, 2019, 12:14:17 PM »
Someone needs to call or email all the weekly publications that go around Brooklyn and Lakewood that contain advertisements for  CC farms or CC swiping and tell them to stop allowing those advertisements. (unless those publications are owned by the farms themselves...) This is destroying people's lives and needs to end.

Even better, place full page ads in these publications warning people of the dangers.
+1 let's do this! I feel like the heimishe daily papers run most of these 'quick gelt, up to $10k' ads...
Chaya L.

Offline LNS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: February 26, 2019, 12:16:24 PM »
And if he is working for the borrowers he has an incentive to say that disputes can be illegal.
The only person that you should take legal advice from is a lawyer that is working for you and has your best interests in mind

+1000

this story has so many layers many of which are probably still not known i would stay away from anyone involved in any way and seek guidance elsewhere ... you don't know who's working for who and one thing everyone should have learnt by now is just because someone told you he is a " good guy" doesn't mean anything.
Find your own lawyer or someone who deals with these things and he will have only your best interest in mind.

Offline LNS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: February 26, 2019, 12:19:57 PM »
Someone needs to call or email all the weekly publications that go around Brooklyn and Lakewood that contain advertisements for  CC farms or CC swiping and tell them to stop allowing those advertisements. (unless those publications are owned by the farms themselves...) This is destroying people's lives and needs to end.

Even better, place full page ads in these publications warning people of the dangers.

as much as people hear stories and it may make them more cautious i think seeing an active campaign against it is more effective in driving the point home

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: February 26, 2019, 12:22:21 PM »
I cry reading this. Wow wow wow RBSH what did we come to...
Oh the drama

Offline joey89

• View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: February 26, 2019, 12:24:10 PM »

as much as people hear stories and it may make them more cautious i think seeing an active campaign against it is more effective in driving the point home
The more we are exposed to something the deeper it is ingrained and causes us to act subconsciously, which is the entire reason for ad campaigns

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: February 26, 2019, 12:26:42 PM »
Mr. P has helped me in the past with old cc issues. His lawyer in Court is a bit off his rocker and that is why they just want to get rid of his cases as quickly as possible. I cant vouch for any of his current staff except that I would be careful because he employs attorneys and former/suspended attorneys (not me). Make sure that the person who gives you advice can follow through legally and is not just a social worker listening to your tale of woe. I hope BK is not the same BK that I am familiar with. 
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Poordecisions

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: February 26, 2019, 12:29:25 PM »
+1000

this story has so many layers many of which are probably still not known i would stay away from anyone involved in any way and seek guidance elsewhere ... you don't know who's working for who and one thing everyone should have learnt by now is just because someone told you he is a " good guy" doesn't mean anything.
Find your own lawyer or someone who deals with these things and he will have only your best interest in mind.

Does anyone actually have any lawyer contacts or anyone that would deal with such a case? It seems most lawyers don’t have any experience in such a situation and therefore it can be hard for someone looking for help to find it.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2693 on: February 26, 2019, 12:35:08 PM »
Mr. P has helped me in the past with old cc issues. His lawyer in Court is a bit off his rocker and that is why they just want to get rid of his cases as quickly as possible. I cant vouch for any of his current staff except that I would be careful because he employs attorneys and former/suspended attorneys (not me). Make sure that the person who gives you advice can follow through legally and is not just a social worker listening to your tale of woe. I hope BK is not the same BK that I am familiar with.
I don't think Josh works with him anymore.
-- Dan

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: February 26, 2019, 12:37:41 PM »
I don't think Josh works with him anymore.
He is in Court not the office. My daughter just spoke with him the other night and he confirmed that he is.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Shotguns

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: February 26, 2019, 12:54:47 PM »
Not sure if it help anyone but a cursory google search reveals a number of addresses associated with a S****. On one of the properties (563) the phone number associated with said property is that of toners.com

Various LLC's and entities are registered at these addresses as well.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:37:08 PM by jj1000 »

Offline joey89

• View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: February 26, 2019, 01:07:55 PM »
Not sure if it help anyone but a cursory google search reveals a number of addresses associated with a S****. On one of the properties (563) the phone number associated with said property is that of toners.com

Various LLC's and entities are registered at these addresses as well.
Don’t know if this works in NY.
You can find all addresses associated with a name at the county assessors website, you can search the Secretary of State (for NY) for llc connected to an individuals name
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:37:25 PM by jj1000 »

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: February 26, 2019, 01:13:22 PM »
Don’t know if this works in NY.
You can find all addresses associated with a name at the county assessors website, you can search the Secretary of State (for NY) for llc connected to an individuals name
Amazing that people are looking for his assets before he was even sued and before there is a judgment. D&C Law will protect against fraudulent transfers and Bankruptcy Ct can drag his assets back even easier. The fact that there hasnt been a lawsuit filed already is astonishing.

Offline joey89

• View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: February 26, 2019, 01:18:40 PM »
Amazing that people are looking for his assets before he was even sued and before there is a judgment. D&C Law will protect against fraudulent transfers and Bankruptcy Ct can drag his assets back even easier. The fact that there hasnt been a lawsuit filed already is astonishing.
Agreed that it is amazing a lawsuit has not been filed yet.
Was just posting some search tools if victims would like to see if he has assets before pursuing a lengthy and costly lawsuit. (A lawyer would be able to do a much more thorough search for assets).

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: February 26, 2019, 01:43:05 PM »
It might be that hesitation to file a lawsuit is due to 1. Wanting to get Halachic permission to do so, and 2. Fear of this evolving into a criminal case.
-- Dan