Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1182767 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #3800 on: June 24, 2020, 02:21:35 PM »
i know it sounds very farfetched but does amazon have a walk in option in any of their return centers?
I'm not sure why you think you'd get anywhere with this. What exactly do you think would happen if you show up there? They can't just give you your stuff back if you knock on the front door.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Pesach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: June 24, 2020, 02:53:32 PM »
I'm not sure why you think you'd get anywhere with this. What exactly do you think would happen if you show up there? They can't just give you your stuff back if you knock on the front door.
just wishful thinking

Offline thompson182

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: June 25, 2020, 01:28:18 PM »
Don’t count on an update. People are very quick to be vocal to call things out but not so quick to back something up when it goes their way.

Fedex shows it was received in their warehouse and signed for the name that always signs for it.  Even had one letter off (an I instead of an O just a mistype) in the name so it wasn't just an auto-filled name.  No it was never found, I'm out the money, and I won't be doing business with them anymore.

Thanks for assuming tho.

Offline thompson182

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: June 25, 2020, 01:30:21 PM »
He probably ordered apple watches and they waited until they lowered the prices to scan it in
Happened to someone I know...

Nope, iPads

Offline thompson182

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: June 25, 2020, 01:32:13 PM »
Wow, after posting this I went to go check on the shipment for S***'s and giggles and it was received yesterday.  EIGHTEEN DAYS later.

Glad it was found, will still not be sending anything else to them.

Offline Pesach

• View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: June 28, 2020, 03:18:05 PM »
Amazon   
Your Account   Amazon.com
Message From Customer Service
Hello ,

It appears we received an incorrect item instead of the correct item, Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS, 44mm) - Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sport Band, in your return of order #

We're discarding the incorrect item you've sent, but we're happy to accept the return of the correct item at your earliest convenience. We won't be able to process a refund until we receive the correct merchandise.

If you have any further questions of a legal nature, you may contact our legal department directly at:

Amazon.com
Legal Dept.
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226

Fax: 206-266-7010

We hope to see you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,

Amazon.com       Their discarding the item he sent them back, which is the same apple watch, he just mixed up returns on different accounts and sent them back  with a different serial numbers.

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #3806 on: June 28, 2020, 04:04:37 PM »
Another reason to stay away from BG

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: June 28, 2020, 05:15:44 PM »
Amazon   
Hello ,

It appears we received an incorrect item instead of the correct item, Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS, 44mm) - Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sport Band, in your return of order #

We're discarding the incorrect item you've sent, but we're happy to accept the return of the correct item at your earliest convenience. We won't be able to process a refund until we receive the correct merchandise.

If you have any further questions of a legal nature, you may contact our legal department directly at:

Amazon.com
Legal Dept.
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,

Amazon.com       Their discarding the item he sent them back, which is the same apple watch, he just mixed up returns on different accounts and sent them back  with a different serial numbers.
Same guy as the other thread?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: June 28, 2020, 05:19:56 PM »
We're discarding the incorrect item you've sent, but we're happy
you may contact our legal department directly
We'd appreciate your feedback.

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: June 28, 2020, 05:33:30 PM »
Amazon   
Hello ,

Amazon.com
Legal Dept.
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226

Best regards,

Do they say what they received instead? Or just “discarded” without photo evidence?

On their “trade-in program” page, they mention a few cases where they will discard the item instead of giving you the option to get it back.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201889830

Haven’t seen anything similar on a “return policy” page, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s listed somewhere.

Online gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3810 on: June 28, 2020, 05:37:34 PM »
How about:
Reply with an email "any items incorrectly included in the return, please send them back to me. I will be happy to arrange return shipping"
Then take their response to AG/small claims?

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: June 30, 2020, 02:56:21 AM »

This person you know, ordered the watches and filled out the form for full price and they were delivered before mys sent out the email that they are not accepting any more at full price?
yes

If you fill out out a form, they will always honor the higher price.
It might get scanned in with the lower price, but a ticket will take care of it.
not true see 👇

Happened to me.
did you open a ticket? When the person I know opened the ticket he was told that part of the agreement is that they can refuse at anytime so he demanded that they return the watches to him any at first they caused problems but after he sent them a bunch of messages they finally agreed to ship them back and he had to provide the shipping (I don’t know if they actually sent back “his” watches or different serial numbers)

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3813 on: June 30, 2020, 01:10:18 PM »
Do they say what they received instead? Or just “discarded” without photo evidence?

On their “trade-in program” page, they mention a few cases where they will discard the item instead of giving you the option to get it back.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201889830

Haven’t seen anything similar on a “return policy” page, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s listed somewhere.
Wow, do you think they consider these watches with the incorrect serial number “counterfeit” items?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC

Online Joeymc

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: June 30, 2020, 02:09:41 PM »
LOL with a cell number
How many people searched up the number just so see who it is
120 characters? Hmm, I wonder what I could write with 64 characters. Boy, it's gonna be hard to use up 15 characters. W-

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: June 30, 2020, 02:11:40 PM »
How many people searched up the number just so see who it is
https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/
has all info ;)

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: June 30, 2020, 02:19:53 PM »
Wow, do you think they consider these watches with the incorrect serial number “counterfeit” items?
“We were expecting back watch number ABC123 and we got something / anything else (possibly watch number ABC124). You are a cheater. Please direct any future correspondence to our legal team.”
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 02:25:40 PM by lubaby »

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #3818 on: June 30, 2020, 02:27:31 PM »
https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/
has all info ;)

So creepy. It has all my info!
I have always been careful not to out my info in public. Or at least change the spelling and yet they have it the way it is...
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline Joel

• View Profile