Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1183636 times)

Offline Markmann20

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • THE BUYING GROUP W/ COST & ABOVE COST DEALS
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #4480 on: January 07, 2022, 12:57:22 PM »
This is flat out wrong. If you have an argument to make against something he said, say it. But to make it personal and impugne his character like this is quite gross.

And to do it when you're promoting your own business in a thread with potential customers, that's just not smart.

If you look at my post as a promotion for myself that’s sad I don’t need to promote myself
WWW.BuyingGroup.COM

Offline WonderingYid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: January 07, 2022, 01:29:24 PM »
Re: FF
Got this from Amazon...

"Since this item was sent to a freight forwarder, I’m not able to replace or refund it unless we receive valid tracking confirmation that the original item was never received by the freight forwarder. Please send a screenshot of the tracking page from the freight forwarder’s official website to freight-forward-lost@amazon.com and indicate if you’d prefer a refund or replacement. You can expect a response within 1-2 business days."

anyone ever contacted freight-forward-lost@amazon.com?
Any reason not to contact them?
HUCA. Chat again.

Offline WonderingYid

• View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: January 07, 2022, 01:34:20 PM »
not sure if this is the right thread but came across something interesting from ed rosenbergs amazon group

"End of buying groups. “…. We took this measure as you were passing Amazon purchase limits and restrictions by paying Amazon Prime customers to make purchases of quantity-limited items on Amazon.”"

I wonder, how could amazon have figured out where he sourced his inventory from? Does that mean they linked the ship to address and see that other accounts bought for him?

Any smart BG selling on Amazon would not have the Amazon seller address the same as the ship to address for buyers.
@Markmann20 has a different address listed on his Amazon account  ;)

Update. Avoid shipping anything to USA. It's not worth the risk.
Items delivered 35 days ago. No updates. no response on CS for 3 weeks. Not worth dealing with them. They will lose stuff and just ignore you and you won't even know if it's lost. Amazon classifies them as FF so they won't refund you if tracking says delivered.

If anyone has direct contact to owner please PM.
It's only $800 (I don't risk more then I can afford to lose) so even though it did cross my mind, I decided against showing up at his home...
and because I don't live nearby :)
HUCA, use words like "one time exception" and you will get your money.

Offline WonderingYid

• View Profile

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #4484 on: January 07, 2022, 01:55:19 PM »
If you look at my post as a promotion for myself that’s sad I don’t need to promote myself
Cool story.

Nice sig, BTW.

Offline Mo2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4485 on: January 07, 2022, 02:01:40 PM »
Cool story.

Nice sig, BTW.
I don't think he posts here to promote himself. I asked him about it privately so he responded here.
He's very upfront about who he is. unlike some other groups who don't make themselves accessible/reachable if there's issues.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 02:59:29 PM by Mo2 »
Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #4486 on: January 07, 2022, 02:10:13 PM »

I don't think he posts here to promote himself. I asked him about it privately so he responded here.
He's very upfront about who he is. unlike other groups who don't make themselves accessible/reachable if there's issues.

Every post is either promotion or the opposite, no matter the intention. As CV likes to say, it "paints a picture".

He didn't answer or refute anything, he slandered the person who made the claim.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: January 07, 2022, 03:33:12 PM »
Any smart BG selling on Amazon would not have the Amazon seller address the same as the ship to address for buyers.
@Markmann20 has a different address listed on his Amazon account  ;)

When Amazon sees hundreds of accounts circumventing item limits and shipping all to same address, while seeing the same buyers with overlapping purchase history, they can narrow it down to sellers that overlap on these items. If Amazon is determined to connect the dots it really isn’t hard to do so.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: January 07, 2022, 03:40:59 PM »

He’s not saying your promoting in the post. However, you’re in this thread to promote yourself, and you’re doing the opposite with your baseless slander. But then again, that seems to be intentional as well

With out bad PR many successful companies would not be around today "Bad PR is good PR"
Visibly Jewish

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: January 07, 2022, 03:45:33 PM »
He's very upfront about who he is. unlike some other groups who don't make themselves accessible/reachable if there's issues.

This industry sounds like a race to the bottom…
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: January 07, 2022, 04:03:08 PM »
This industry sounds like a race to the bottom…
It's an industry which is living on borrowed time. Like I said upthread, I'm shocked it's lasted this long. All retailers, other than Amazon, have already put limitations on the scalability of retail arbitrage. I know that people can order to their house and then send it to the BGs (either living in a tax free state or getting a resellers certificate), but I'd guess that they'd lose most of their buyers at that point.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: January 07, 2022, 04:06:21 PM »
It's an industry which is living on borrowed time. Like I said upthread, I'm shocked it's lasted this long. All retailers, other than Amazon, have already put limitations on the scalability of retail arbitrage. I know that people can order to their house and then send it to the BGs (either living in a tax free state or getting a resellers certificate), but I'd guess that they'd lose most of their buyers at that point.

That’s a scary reality, because when these businesses fold they might conveniently go bankrupt while owing buyers lots of money. There isn’t as much imperative to preserve a reputation if you’re going out of business, especially if the buyers deal with “the company” and have no idea who who’s behind it all…
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #4492 on: January 07, 2022, 04:18:01 PM »
That’s a scary reality, because when these businesses fold they might conveniently go bankrupt while owing buyers lots of money. There isn’t as much imperative to preserve a reputation if you’re going out of business, especially if the buyers deal with “the company” and have no idea who who’s behind it all…
Good thing this is all being discussed in a thread where the warning is right there in the title so I am sure everyone is making sure to cover themselves.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: January 08, 2022, 05:52:19 PM »
Good thing this is all being discussed in a thread where the warning is right there in the title so I am sure everyone is making sure to cover themselves.

The mindset seems to be that if it’s a buying group then it isn’t reckless. Someone posted a few posts up that they don’t risk more than they could afford to lose. I’m afraid that attitude isn’t the norm for people buying for these groups.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: January 08, 2022, 06:49:18 PM »
The mindset seems to be that if it’s a buying group then it isn’t reckless. Someone posted a few posts up that they don’t risk more than they could afford to lose. I’m afraid that attitude isn’t the norm for people buying for these groups.
I sure hope it is.

Offline WonderingYid

• View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: January 08, 2022, 07:30:20 PM »
When Amazon sees hundreds of accounts circumventing item limits and shipping all to same address, while seeing the same buyers with overlapping purchase history, they can narrow it down to sellers that overlap on these items. If Amazon is determined to connect the dots it really isn’t hard to do so.
As long as that address cant be linked to the seller, many sellers sell the "hot" electronics.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: January 08, 2022, 07:49:37 PM »
I'm some ways the group is even more reckless. If it goes bad c"v or can go bad by millions of dollars with no hope of ever getting paid back.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: January 08, 2022, 08:02:36 PM »
I'm some ways the group is even more reckless. If it goes bad c"v or can go bad by millions of dollars with no hope of ever getting paid back.
How? Amazon will confiscate their stuff?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: January 08, 2022, 10:23:11 PM »
How? Amazon will confiscate their stuff?
Even without that they can easily be in the hole

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: January 08, 2022, 10:28:17 PM »
Even without that they can easily be in the hole
I'm not understanding then - they're holding the products, what could go wrong?