Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1183454 times)

Offline WonderingYid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #4740 on: May 31, 2022, 04:14:33 PM »
I’m selling the Brooklyn Bridge, PM me if interested.
PM sent.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #4741 on: May 31, 2022, 04:21:37 PM »
I stand corrected, though the s&p 2012-2021 was 14.8% average

I guess depending when you bought or sold etc
Yes it depends on how you cherry pick your data.

I once saw an advertisement by someone who created a strategy based on past results and then advertised how their strategy would have outperformed. Yay.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline m65

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: May 31, 2022, 05:43:00 PM »
PM sent.
dont pay more than 70% of asking price

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: June 01, 2022, 11:42:50 AM »
Would capital one care if I have someone else’s business account pay my personal cc bill? Things are slow out there and need to hit some SUB, so can have a friend put business purchase on my capital one cc and then he can pay the bill directly….

Thanks

cap1 is one of the strictest on this, if that business account was ever used to pay a different cap1 card I would avoid it.

Offline free123cc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: June 01, 2022, 01:14:55 PM »
cap1 is one of the strictest on this, if that business account was ever used to pay a different cap1 card I would avoid it.

thanks

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: June 02, 2022, 12:41:59 PM »
i got a email from fulton bank today (i use the lakewood brach)

--------------
Good morning,

Back office is requesting clarification on the below transactions. Please respond to the below. Thank you

**** is receiving a large number of checks drawn on BFP Trading LLC. What is the purpose of these checks? What is her relationship to this company?
**** is also receiving checks from EMB Deals LLC. What is the purpose of these checks? What is her relationship to this company?
The incoming checks are then funding a large number of credit card payments. What is the purpose of this? What is being paid off?
What is the customer’s specific occupation?
Will we continue to see this type of activity?
--------------

first off why are they calling me "her" ? i am a "he". can i sue them for misgendering me?

second of all - what should i do? i dont use them as my primary bank, only use them for small time buying groups for SUB and honestly dont really care if they shut me down, ill just go open a random account in a small bank somewhere else, however it is quite a hassle.....
should i just be honest and tell them the truth? ignore it? or just try to make up some story....
also i have no patience to explain via email so if i answer them i will just call up....

any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: June 02, 2022, 03:16:32 PM »

--------------

any advice would be appreciated. thanks
Why can't you just say you're a distributor and these checks are from businesses that you supply?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: June 02, 2022, 03:34:09 PM »
someone else gave me a idea to just say I am a reseller, i guess similar to what your saying. that is what i will do

Offline simplicity

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
« Reply #4748 on: June 02, 2022, 03:40:16 PM »

--------------
Good morning,
Interesting! I also use Lkwd branch Fulton for my BG checks, BH no such email yet. but i do try to never put the exact amount of check and payments.
Please keep us posted....
Good Luck!

Offline free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: June 02, 2022, 04:01:16 PM »
Interesting! I also use Lkwd branch Fulton for my BG checks, BH no such email yet. but i do try to never put the exact amount of check and payments.
Please keep us posted....
Good Luck!

the check and payments are never the same amount, i could have 5000 deposited in 1 month (over 3-4 checks) and then make a payment of 4950 before the statement closes.....

i did have a issue with them a yr ago, i deposited 3 BG paper check  through the app taking pictures, got emails it was processing, and the next day i checked the app and the account was locked. so i called up the 1800 # and they told me that paper checks look suspicious so my account was locked and i have to go the branch to clear it up. which was annoying but nu nu. the teller who helped me at the branch told me that its best if I deposit these kind of checks in the ATM or at the branch directly.......after that i now deposit either in ATM or if i use the app i do one every few days...also i started requesting a legit mailed check from EMB so that helped...

another crazier story i had with them was i once deposited a paper check for about 9500 in the branch on a fri, and checked and saw it was pending, then on sunday morning i saw it wasnt there in my account anymore....i knew that i wouldnt make it there till the next friday so i ran there like 20 min before closing on Sunday, and the teller couldnt figure out what happened. finally she realizes that all the checks after being deposited get scanned through some kind of verification system and for some reason the system just skipped over my check....so she went through the stack of like 100 checks that were deposited in the past 2 days and found the physical check and redeposited it for me.....but i asked what happens if i wouldntve came in right away and she said the bundle of checks was gonna be sent down to corporate few days to be filed away.....it wouldve been a HUGE hassle to track the check down....Bh she helped and sorted it out....

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: June 02, 2022, 07:56:09 PM »
another crazier story i had with them was i once deposited a paper check for about 9500 in the branch on a fri, and checked and saw it was pending, then on sunday morning i saw it wasnt there in my account anymore....i knew that i wouldnt make it there till the next friday so i ran there like 20 min before closing on Sunday, and the teller couldnt figure out what happened. finally she realizes that all the checks after being deposited get scanned through some kind of verification system and for some reason the system just skipped over my check....so she went through the stack of like 100 checks that were deposited in the past 2 days and found the physical check and redeposited it for me.....but i asked what happens if i wouldntve came in right away and she said the bundle of checks was gonna be sent down to corporate few days to be filed away.....it wouldve been a HUGE hassle to track the check down....Bh she helped and sorted it out....

You would think a bank would have checks and balances in place to prevent this from happening…
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline thompson182

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: June 07, 2022, 02:58:30 AM »
Is anyone else having a LOT of packages being delivered by Amazon go missing to MYS?

This is strictly on Amazon delivered packages. UPS and USPS have been fine.

Amazon has been quick to refund, but I'm going to stop sending to MYS if this is the new norm.

Offline thompson182

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: June 07, 2022, 12:53:08 PM »
Is anyone else having a LOT of packages being delivered by Amazon go missing to MYS?

Amazon has been quick to refund, but I'm going to stop sending to MYS if this is the new norm.

the last tracking updates always just say left Amazon facility at Swedesboro, they never show delivered to MYS so I don't think it's something that MYS is doing.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: June 07, 2022, 07:02:36 PM »

the last tracking updates always just say left Amazon facility at Swedesboro, they never show delivered to MYS so I don't think it's something that MYS is doing.

or a driver getting too smart (happened once)

Offline thompson182

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: June 07, 2022, 07:52:23 PM »
or a driver getting too smart (happened once)

well this sucks.  im going to have to stop sending to them. i created a ticket and all i got back was "make sure to use order management system"

i responded and said ive sent you over 500K and im literally telling you your losing amazon packages and I am no longer sending you anything.  id think you should care more and maybe look into it.  I doubt im the only one and amazon is going to start to noticing a lot of refunds with your address.  hurts you more than me ive got a half dozen buy groups.

Online Legends666

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: June 08, 2022, 04:26:40 AM »
well this sucks.  im going to have to stop sending to them. i created a ticket and all i got back was "make sure to use order management system"

i responded and said ive sent you over 500K and im literally telling you your losing amazon packages and I am no longer sending you anything.  id think you should care more and maybe look into it.  I doubt im the only one and amazon is going to start to noticing a lot of refunds with your address.  hurts you more than me ive got a half dozen buy groups.

i thik it only happens with the apple watches

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: June 08, 2022, 08:11:47 AM »

What did they reply?

Offline thompson182

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: June 08, 2022, 12:48:58 PM »
What did they reply?

Still nothing  ::)

Offline thompson182

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: June 08, 2022, 12:52:17 PM »
i thik it only happens with the apple watches

It's happened with macbooks too.

last year I shipped them about 7K worth of cell phones around Christmas that went missing.  Amazon credited it all.

For the record I am irritated MYS wouldn't be more interested in finding out what is going on.  i don't think they are doing anything shady none of these packages have shown delivered.  But if I'm MYS- im saying "OK, these people are starting to get a lot of refunds linked to our address and this is eventually going to catch someones eye."

Offline thompson182

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: June 08, 2022, 03:05:06 PM »
What did they reply?

Just talked to Mendel for about 20 minutes.  That amazon depot been having lots of problems.  Good convo will hopefully see if things get better.  Again, they have never showed delivered to MYS don't want to in any way insinuate its anything they are doing.