Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1182552 times)

Online UKinNYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #4760 on: June 08, 2022, 05:58:08 PM »
IMPORTANT NOTE: SAR rules can kick in already at $2000 https://www.fincen.gov/msb-threshold-2000-or-more
 (If Pelosi had her way it would kick in at $600)

the check and payments are never the same amount, i could have 5000 deposited in 1 month (over 3-4 checks) and then make a payment of 4950 before the statement closes.....

i did have a issue with them a yr ago, i deposited 3 BG paper check  through the app taking pictures, got emails it was processing, and the next day i checked the app and the account was locked. so i called up the 1800 # and they told me that paper checks look suspicious so my account was locked and i have to go the branch to clear it up. which was annoying but nu nu. the teller who helped me at the branch told me that its best if I deposit these kind of checks in the ATM or at the branch directly.......after that i now deposit either in ATM or if i use the app i do one every few days...also i started requesting a legit mailed check from EMB so that helped...

another crazier story i had with them was i once deposited a paper check for about 9500 in the branch on a fri, and checked and saw it was pending, then on sunday morning i saw it wasnt there in my account anymore....i knew that i wouldnt make it there till the next friday so i ran there like 20 min before closing on Sunday, and the teller couldnt figure out what happened. finally she realizes that all the checks after being deposited get scanned through some kind of verification system and for some reason the system just skipped over my check....so she went through the stack of like 100 checks that were deposited in the past 2 days and found the physical check and redeposited it for me.....but i asked what happens if i wouldntve came in right away and she said the bundle of checks was gonna be sent down to corporate few days to be filed away.....it wouldve been a HUGE hassle to track the check down....Bh she helped and sorted it out....

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #4761 on: June 09, 2022, 02:12:41 PM »
If anyone is affiliated with any BGs and is looking for help in Delaware PM me. I have a guy who has openings at their warehouse address in Delaware. They charge per shipment, and offer extra services as well.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: June 09, 2022, 10:45:21 PM »

the last tracking updates always just say left Amazon facility at Swedesboro, they never show delivered to MYS so I don't think it's something that MYS is doing.

Swedesboro is notoriously bad. Has that issue regardless of which BG you send to.

Online free123cc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: June 12, 2022, 12:32:26 PM »
i got a email from fulton bank today (i use the lakewood brach)

--------------
Good morning,

Back office is requesting clarification on the below transactions. Please respond to the below. Thank you

**** is receiving a large number of checks drawn on BFP Trading LLC. What is the purpose of these checks? What is her relationship to this company?
**** is also receiving checks from EMB Deals LLC. What is the purpose of these checks? What is her relationship to this company?
The incoming checks are then funding a large number of credit card payments. What is the purpose of this? What is being paid off?
What is the customer’s specific occupation?
Will we continue to see this type of activity?
--------------

first off why are they calling me "her" ? i am a "he". can i sue them for misgendering me?

second of all - what should i do? i dont use them as my primary bank, only use them for small time buying groups for SUB and honestly dont really care if they shut me down, ill just go open a random account in a small bank somewhere else, however it is quite a hassle.....
should i just be honest and tell them the truth? ignore it? or just try to make up some story....
also i have no patience to explain via email so if i answer them i will just call up....

any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Bh all worked out for now. I called the guy who sent me the email and explained the situation, basically I said I am a reseller of consumer electronics and I do it as a side hustle…he was like totally fine all good we are just trying to get to know our costumers…(I happen to think he is mistaken and the back office was somewhat suspicious of all the money moving in and out of the account and he is unaware of that……) and then I told him I don’t see why the bank should care but if the bank wants me to stop this activity  I will be happy to discuss it with them….and he said no it’s all ok, we don’t stop anyone from making a extra buck….
For now all good hopefully will stay the way iyh

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: June 12, 2022, 01:04:04 PM »
Bh all worked out for now. I called the guy who sent me the email and explained the situation, basically I said I am a reseller of consumer electronics and I do it as a side hustle…he was like totally fine all good we are just trying to get to know our costumers…(I happen to think he is mistaken and the back office was somewhat suspicious of all the money moving in and out of the account and he is unaware of that……) and then I told him I don’t see why the bank should care but if the bank wants me to stop this activity  I will be happy to discuss it with them….and he said no it’s all ok, we don’t stop anyone from making a extra buck….
For now all good hopefully will stay the way iyh

There are specific financial services compliance regulations that are known as KYC (Know Your Customer), which require banks to ask questions like these to screen for suspicious/criminal activity
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: June 12, 2022, 02:26:27 PM »
There are specific financial services compliance regulations that are known as KYC (Know Your Customer), which require banks to ask questions like these to screen for suspicious/criminal activity

Interesting. He did specifically mention that we are doing this because of Know Your Customer, which I mistakenly thought he meant he was trying to improve the business relationship….lol I guess they did catch on and it does seem suspicious

Online free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: June 13, 2022, 12:32:56 PM »
anyone know where the deal buyer is holding on check ins?

Offline nirc

• View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: June 13, 2022, 01:19:07 PM »
anyone know where the deal buyer is holding on check ins?

at least a week behind.

Offline simplicity

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
« Reply #4768 on: June 13, 2022, 02:03:02 PM »

BuyForMeRetail (Fastest)
The Deal Buyer (Fast)
BuyGetRewards (Fast)
EMB Deals (Fast)
CloseoutNJ (Fast)
Poinstmaker (Slow)
USA Buying Group (Slower)
BuyersForPoints (Slowest)
MYS (don’t use)
MakeCardPoints (don’t use)

BFMR typically checks in and pays day-of-receipt. I consider Fast to be checked in within 2 days and paid within a week of request. USA can be over a month round trip.

i’m waiting since 5/25 on a check from buyer for points! Any one with me?

Online free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: June 13, 2022, 03:53:25 PM »
at least a week behind.

thank u,

actualy just got something checked in a hr ago from tues 6/7 so that makes sense

Online free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4770 on: June 13, 2022, 03:56:02 PM »
i’m waiting since 5/25 on a check from buyer for points! Any one with me?

im sorry my friend u might have to wait a little longer. i am waiting for a check from them from 5/17

they happen to be a great group to deal with. the only downside they have is the payment time frame of 3-4 weeks. if u buy alot and lay out lots of money then i guess it can be a issue. personally i usually just buy for SUB or a very good cashback portal offer so im ok w it...

Offline nirc

• View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: June 13, 2022, 04:08:35 PM »
I've noticed that buyformeretail and EMB deals have been recommended a number of times in this forum. For those that are familiar with these BGs, are the links below the correct ones?

If anyone has any negative experiences with them, please let me know.

It's interesting that both of these groups, use different template then MYS, PM, TDB and Closeoutnj.

https://www.buyformeretail.com/
https://embdeals.com/content/welcome

anyone?

Online free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: June 13, 2022, 05:40:20 PM »
anyone?

those are the correct links. never used buyformeretail but ive used EMB a number of times and have been mostly happy w them

Offline thompson182

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: June 13, 2022, 05:47:07 PM »
BFMR is the best group out there.  Check-ins same day and ACH overnight.  Now granted, their payrates are sometimes a little bit lower.  However, there are no commits blacking you out of deals and for high-volume whales the quick cash turnaround can't be beat.

Just my .02

Online free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: June 14, 2022, 09:32:23 PM »
sorry for the megilla..............

if thedealbuyer made a mistake in my favor would I have to tell them? I’m not even sure if this case would be taus akum. Could be gezel akum?
on thier website it says -

The Jewish Shabbat & Holiday Question.
The DealBuyer is owned and operated by a group of constituents from diverse religious backgrounds and does not create any issues concerning our Jewish buyers regarding Shabbat and Jewish holidays.

what happened was i made a order from ebay for them, the item was supposed to be a console shipped and a one month game pass which was sent via email.

thedealbuyer wrote by the deal ---- INSTRUCTIONS:
Forward game pass to support@thedealbuyer.com

like has happened many times before, ebay sends me a email saying you order has been cancelled and ur account is suspended, but the item still ships, bec the seller still honors the transaction. however in this case it’s a console and a electronic delivery so the email of the game pass codes that was supposed to be emailed to me never gets sent to me bec when it gets sent from the seller to the ebay email address it gets blocked from going through bec the account is suspended.....

i reached out numerous times to the seller (antonline) who says it was sent to the ebay email address, and reached out to ebay who says nothing we can do cause ur account is suspended....the agent i was chatting with even suggested "contacting your financial instituion" aka - disputing part of the charge....

now when the items got delivered to Thedealbuyer, they scanned them all in at full price.......so now what do i do? just leave it? or explain to them what happened and hope they dont take off 15$ per item (x15 pcs)...........

if i had this issue im assuming many other people who bought this deal had the same issue.....

Online yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #4775 on: June 14, 2022, 09:37:40 PM »

Would you want them to correct a mistake in their favor if you didn't spot It?

Online free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: June 14, 2022, 09:44:56 PM »
Would you want them to correct a mistake in their favor if you didn't spot It?

U mean in my favor? Yes

Offline WonderingYid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: June 14, 2022, 11:10:59 PM »

if thedealbuyer made a mistake in my favor would I have to tell them? I’m not even sure if this case would be taus akum. Could be gezel akum?

The DealBuyer is owned and operated by a group of constituents from diverse religious backgrounds and does not create any issues concerning our Jewish buyers regarding Shabbat and Jewish holidays.

what happened was i made a order from ebay for them, the item was supposed to be a console shipped and a one month game pass which was sent via email.

like has happened many times before, ebay sends me a email saying you order has been cancelled and ur account is suspended, but the item still ships, bec the seller still honors the transaction. however in this case it’s a console and a electronic delivery so the email of the game pass codes that was supposed to be emailed to me never gets sent to me bec when it gets sent from the seller to the ebay email address it gets blocked from going through bec the account is suspended.....

i reached out numerous times to the seller (antonline) who says it was sent to the ebay email address, and reached out to ebay who says nothing we can do cause ur account is suspended....the agent i was chatting with even suggested "contacting your financial instituion" aka - disputing part of the charge....

now when the items got delivered to Thedealbuyer, they scanned them all in at full price.......so now what do i do? just leave it? or explain to them what happened and hope they dont take off 15$ per item (x15 pcs)...........

if i had this issue im assuming many other people who bought this deal had the same issue.....
It's owned by @Markmann20 I believe 😀

Offline Markmann20

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • THE BUYING GROUP W/ COST & ABOVE COST DEALS
« Reply #4778 on: June 14, 2022, 11:14:51 PM »
Your good don’t worry about it

We got the codes via the packing slip in each box so even those who didn’t email it we still got it

And since there is no barcode for them we scanned consoles in at full deal price

WWW.BuyingGroup.COM

Online free123cc

• View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: June 15, 2022, 01:41:47 PM »
Your good don’t worry about it

We got the codes via the packing slip in each box so even those who didn’t email it we still got it

And since there is no barcode for them we scanned consoles in at full deal price

sorry, i was not aware it was owned by you.
they put a code in each box that got delivered?