Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1220625 times)

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #5080 on: July 08, 2023, 11:51:45 PM »
Any good way to hit a SUB ? i really dont want to get backin to buying groups. probably can do 4k over 3 months in day to day spending, any good strategies to spend another 4k? thanks
https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/10-quick-ways-meet-credit-card-signup-spending-requirement-land-mega-signup-bonus/

Offline free123cc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: July 09, 2023, 10:14:59 PM »
just saw this ad on yeshiva world for a new company called Deal and Runner.

http://www.dealandrunner.com

they are saying they are not a buying group but rather more of a direct transaction between the buyer and the dealer.... to me it sounds just like another buying group. anyone have any experience or thoughts on his?

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: July 09, 2023, 10:22:02 PM »

they are saying they are not a buying group but rather more of a direct transaction between the buyer and the dealer.... to me it sounds just like another buying group. anyone have any experience or thoughts on his?
Nothing engenders more confidence than an advertorial that quotes the CEO*

*name changed to protect privacy

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: July 09, 2023, 10:56:02 PM »

I would think it could be even worse than a buying group if you're getting paid by the 'dealer'. Unless the dealers are putting lots of info about themselves and building a reputation on there, you probably know even less about the entity paying you than you do when you buy for a BG. And there are two parties (the Dealer and the middleman guy) to shift any blame between each other, in an already murky business.

Nothing engenders more confidence than an advertorial that quotes the CEO*

*name changed to protect privacy
Alol. That's something that I always saw as massive difference between DDMS and its various copycats out there. From the ones I've seen, few if any had owners/writers who put their name behind it. (Same with many of the tabloid-style jewish news sites, but that's a whole other animal.) Offhand I can't think of any legitimate business anywhere where the management hides behind the business name. If you're confident in the legitimacy and quality of what you're offering, why wouldn't you want to be associated with it?

/rant

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: July 10, 2023, 03:52:38 PM »
do ppl use the Amex amazon card for BG?
I assume amex often do see more granular level purchase detail. do amex mind the BG spend? (not interested in burning an existing relationship)

separate/related:
do anyone do BG spend through Biz accts (checking/CC) vs personal? any real difference?

Offline yosefsv

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5085 on: July 10, 2023, 04:01:03 PM »
separate/related:
do anyone do BG spend through Biz accts (checking/CC) vs personal? any real difference?
Biz CC balances (usually) don't show on you credit report.
If it benefits even just one fellow DDFer, its worth posting it.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: July 10, 2023, 04:03:44 PM »
Biz CC balances (usually) don't show on you credit report.
thanks.
assuming most will pay from personal bank accts, even when using biz CC.
is it theoretically more 'kosher' to keep it all in the biz 'ecosystem'?

Offline Redbull3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5087 on: July 10, 2023, 04:54:46 PM »
do ppl use the Amex amazon card for BG?
I assume amex often do see more granular level purchase detail. do amex mind the BG spend? (not interested in burning an existing relationship)

separate/related:
I use one for mix of personal stuff and BG. I don't think they mind especially bc they limit their 5x to $120k per card

Offline travelss

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: July 12, 2023, 08:21:17 AM »
Besides chase prime card and Amex  Amazon business card what are other credit cards that give at least 3 points for purchase made through Amazon?
If you have a sign-up link, feel free to PM me

Offline Mo2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: July 13, 2023, 12:18:32 AM »
Any good way to hit a SUB ? i really dont want to get backin to buying groups. probably can do 4k over 3 months in day to day spending, any good strategies to spend another 4k? thanks
I'd stay far away from SUBs. considering what happened with the ocean gate titan
Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Offline Markmann20

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • THE BUYING GROUP W/ COST & ABOVE COST DEALS
« Reply #5090 on: July 14, 2023, 04:19:13 AM »

It’s just a way to market themselves differently to draw traffic and give crazy commissions to get attention as well once they start getting what they need commissions by them will come down it’s a BG not worried but more groups means market will move down on stuff
WWW.BuyingGroup.COM

Offline shlomoandtam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SNAP, WIC, Jersey Care, HUD. ;)
« Reply #5091 on: July 14, 2023, 11:29:20 AM »
If I ordered items directly to USA BG can I stop by them to pick up a check, or is that only if I deliver them the items personally?

Offline yawn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist
« Reply #5092 on: July 14, 2023, 12:26:37 PM »
If I ordered items directly to USA BG can I stop by them to pick up a check, or is that only if I deliver them the items personally?
I believe it's the latter. They may allow you to pick up the check as opposed to them sending it to you, but will still incur processing times.

Offline DealGuru

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: July 23, 2023, 12:17:20 PM »
For a beginner, which BG would be recommended?

Offline UKinNYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: July 23, 2023, 01:25:54 PM »
non - read title

Offline Markmann20

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
    • THE BUYING GROUP W/ COST & ABOVE COST DEALS
« Reply #5095 on: July 23, 2023, 04:37:17 PM »
PSA since the birth of TDB/BG brand we have always covered the losses of our buyers as far as lost or missing goods that retailers would not cover you the buyers on.

BG understands the difficulties buyers face these days with retailers and we are always here for you so you have 0 risk when sending to BG/TDB. That is why even if another group is $1 more people will send to BG cause they know we have there backs and don’t even ask for price matches they are happy with the service we provide. So if your not active by us or have had concerns or issues we are always around to help.

We send deals via WhatsApp, Telegram, Email to get your notifications.

Enjoy your week & Thank you for being apart of the BG Fam 🥂 🍻

Www.BuyingGroup.com
WWW.BuyingGroup.COM

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #5096 on: July 23, 2023, 06:13:32 PM »
PSA since the birth of TDB/BG brand we have always covered the losses of our buyers as far as lost or missing goods that retailers would not cover you the buyers on.

BG understands the difficulties buyers face these days with retailers and we are always here for you so you have 0 risk when sending to BG/TDB. That is why even if another group is $1 more people will send to BG cause they know we have there backs and don’t even ask for price matches they are happy with the service we provide. So if your not active by us or have had concerns or issues we are always around to help.

We send deals via WhatsApp, Telegram, Email to get your notifications.

Enjoy your week & Thank you for being apart of the BG Fam 🥂 🍻

Www.BuyingGroup.com
I actually agree with this, TDB/BG is one place I have never had an issue (the one time there was a discrepancy they immediately paid out no questions asked).
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5097 on: July 24, 2023, 12:19:05 PM »
BFMR is my fave

Offline halperng

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: July 24, 2023, 06:00:12 PM »
I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: July 24, 2023, 06:48:12 PM »

Wikified
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/