Author Topic: Spg gold/platinum renewal gift  (Read 5175 times)

Offline milechazzer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Spg gold/platinum renewal gift
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 12:34:47 AM »
I have separate reservations for two rooms at the same time (5 nights), and I was wondering if it's possible to combine/link the two reservations and then use my gold renewal gift for 25% off both rooms. I asked this question to two SPG agents (before the renewal gift was registered in my account) and one of them said it would be possible for me to get 25% off both rooms if I have the reservations linked or combined. The other agent that I spoke to said there's no way that can be done, and the promotion only works on one room. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'd like to try to get 25% off both, but I have an upgrade within my reservation, and I'd hate to mess around with the reservaion, if the discount is probably not going to work on both.

thx

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 01:36:05 AM »
I have separate reservations for two rooms at the same time (5 nights), and I was wondering if it's possible to combine/link the two reservations and then use my gold renewal gift for 25% off both rooms. I asked this question to two SPG agents (before the renewal gift was registered in my account) and one of them said it would be possible for me to get 25% off both rooms if I have the reservations linked or combined. The other agent that I spoke to said there's no way that can be done, and the promotion only works on one room. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'd like to try to get 25% off both, but I have an upgrade within my reservation, and I'd hate to mess around with the reservaion, if the discount is probably not going to work on both.

thx
I'm quite certain it won't work.

Offline DealHunter

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 02:15:50 AM »
I read the terms and conditions extensively. I'm pretty sure it said something about 1 room up to 5 nights max. Additionally, it only applies to standard room redemptions, not suites or upgraded rooms. Just FYI. Good luck!

Offline BigDanFan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Biz Platinum, Amex Business Gold, Chase Ink Bold, SW, Delta Gold,etc...
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 09:05:38 AM »
I read the terms and conditions extensively. I'm pretty sure it said something about 1 room up to 5 nights max. Additionally, it only applies to standard room redemptions, not suites or upgraded rooms. Just FYI. Good luck!
most agents may approve just one room per discount, however, once someone is a gold or plat,
they generally get an automatic upgrade to an enhanced room or a 'junior suite' when available....
#DDSCLE,#DDSLA, spg platinum 2016,