Author Topic: jetblue  (Read 103041 times)

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: jetblue
« Reply #260 on: December 09, 2022, 02:28:00 AM »
they also dont let you use travel bank anymore to pay taxes on award tickets. meaning for every award ticket you cancel that you booked for other people you will lose 5.60 [as it will open a new travel bank for them....]

when booking through capital 1 travel portal. if booking regular blue fare it only allows refund to cc [within 24 hours] if blue extra fare it only allows to travel bank.  a positive development is that it allows to apply it to an existing travel bank and not require a new account or ever ticket as in the past

Offline flyingBlue

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 12, 2022, 04:50:01 PM »
I just booked a flight with jetblue for today, I want to cancel for a refund (booked in last 24 hours) but they tell me since the flights is in next 7 days, im only eligible for a credit. Ae they right?

Offline yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #262 on: December 12, 2022, 05:02:22 PM »
Yes try chatting and they might be able to void it for you

Offline flyingBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 12, 2022, 05:04:42 PM »
Chatting how?

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #264 on: December 12, 2022, 05:05:28 PM »

Offline flyingBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2022, 06:48:22 PM »
I ended up calling, they refused to refund, so I asked them to upgrade it to a refundable fare & then refund the whole amount...

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2022, 11:42:13 PM »
if i book an american airlines flight through jetblue and need to cancel do i receive travel bank credit ?

Online JMHO

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2022, 11:52:40 PM »
if i book an american airlines flight through jetblue and need to cancel do i receive travel bank credit ?
No

Online yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2022, 11:52:58 PM »
Yes IINM
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 12:04:14 AM by yochai »

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 13, 2022, 12:01:01 AM »
jetblue rep says you receiive a open ticket which can be used for any passenger for either aa or b6 flight, but only 1 use

Online yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 13, 2022, 12:03:57 AM »
jetblue rep says you receiive a open ticket which can be used for any passenger for either aa or b6 flight, but only 1 use
Sounds strange.

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 13, 2022, 12:10:30 AM »
interested to hear if someone has actually done it...

Offline flyingBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 13, 2022, 04:58:44 PM »
If anyone is looking to book a flight with JetBlue or American which prices in JetBlue, valued around $800, PM me, I can book it for you for 5% less (1 Booking only)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 05:49:28 PM by flyingBlue »

Offline swoop77

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 16, 2022, 12:44:27 PM »
Dan (and DDF’ers)

First, I am a longtime admirer of your great work advocating for customers. On behalf of all of us
Thanks!

Question - Has there been a recent change in how JetBlue permits one to use Travel Bank Funds?

Like many I often book JetBlue flights with miles paying the taxes in cash. If I canceled those flights the miles went back into my account and the cash went into the travel bank. Since the funds were supposed to be for taxes remitted to the government, and since on a cancelled flight they were not remitted, I was not certain this was fully appropriate.  However, since the amounts were small and since I could use those funds to pay for taxes on my next award flight, I never bothered to argue with this policy.

However yesterday I cancelled an award flight and got a different result. The miles did go back to my account and the taxes went into my travel bank. When I went to book another award flight the JetBlue site advised that Travel Bank funds can not be used to pay taxes on an award flight.

Although I do not have previous documentation, I believe that this is a significant change of policy.  While this might make sense if the funds going into the travel bank had been from a flight purchased with cash, I am not at all certain that funds that are deposited in that account from advance payment of taxes on a cancelled flight should be treated this way.  It is particularly questionable since the notice I received on the deposit of my travel bank points indicates the funds can be used to pay taxes.

Using Your Travel Credit
JetBlue travel credit may be used towards JetBlue airfare and taxes, the air portion of a JetBlue Vacations package, and any applicable increase in airfare for changes….

Has there been a change? If so, do you think holding advance tax payments this way is appropriate, deceptive, or perhaps not even legal?

Best regards

PS When posting noted that the issue has already been noted. Has it been resolved?

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 01, 2023, 06:17:28 PM »
Any tips? I was issued a travel bank credit for flights that got canceled due to COVID way back in March of 2020. I extended them back when Dan posted about Jet blue's extension for expired credits. Unfortunately we spaced and credits expired 10/10/2022- are we stuck?
Same issue. Lost $850. Any success in getting back?

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 01, 2023, 06:21:43 PM »
Children under 2 don’t need to have a seat on any airline. You’d need to hold them for the entire flight.
Bassinets are only available on wide body planes (and usually only up to a certain age/weight), which JetBlue doesn’t have.
Dan strongly recommends buying the infant a seat if you can afford it.
Why does Dan strongly recommend spending more $ on this?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #276 on: January 01, 2023, 06:27:26 PM »
Dan (and DDF’ers)

First, I am a longtime admirer of your great work advocating for customers. On behalf of all of us
Thanks!

Question - Has there been a recent change in how JetBlue permits one to use Travel Bank Funds?

Like many I often book JetBlue flights with miles paying the taxes in cash. If I canceled those flights the miles went back into my account and the cash went into the travel bank. Since the funds were supposed to be for taxes remitted to the government, and since on a cancelled flight they were not remitted, I was not certain this was fully appropriate.  However, since the amounts were small and since I could use those funds to pay for taxes on my next award flight, I never bothered to argue with this policy.

However yesterday I cancelled an award flight and got a different result. The miles did go back to my account and the taxes went into my travel bank. When I went to book another award flight the JetBlue site advised that Travel Bank funds can not be used to pay taxes on an award flight.

Although I do not have previous documentation, I believe that this is a significant change of policy.  While this might make sense if the funds going into the travel bank had been from a flight purchased with cash, I am not at all certain that funds that are deposited in that account from advance payment of taxes on a cancelled flight should be treated this way.  It is particularly questionable since the notice I received on the deposit of my travel bank points indicates the funds can be used to pay taxes.

Using Your Travel Credit
JetBlue travel credit may be used towards JetBlue airfare and taxes, the air portion of a JetBlue Vacations package, and any applicable increase in airfare for changes….

Has there been a change? If so, do you think holding advance tax payments this way is appropriate, deceptive, or perhaps not even legal?

Best regards

PS When posting noted that the issue has already been noted. Has it been resolved?

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/airlines/jetblue/no-jetblue-hasnt-killed-off-using-travel-bank-funds-award-tickets-just-made-difficult/
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2023, 07:25:07 PM »
Some of the many JetBlue perks.

Most sluggish website in the industry.

Waiting on phone 30+ min while system saying 5 min wait time.

Online chat similar wait times.

Online JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 01, 2023, 07:42:09 PM »
Some of the many JetBlue perks.

Most sluggish website in the industry.

Waiting on phone 30+ min while system saying 5 min wait time.

Online chat similar wait times.
Yup
JetBlue should write a book: "From First To Worst"