Author Topic: Member benefits change at United-Continental  (Read 1453 times)

Offline jong

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Member benefits change at United-Continental
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:41:30 AM »
As you are all aware, it looks like this United-Continental merger is starting to settle in. I just came across a few articles stating: "Frequent flying passengers have been told they will no longer be able to transfer American Express Membership Rewards miles into the OnePass account with Continental.

And AmEx Platinum and Centurion cards will no longer gain entry into Continental’s airport lounges.

American Express has said it regrets the new restrictions, but it had been unable to come to an agreement with the new airline bosses. "

Lame.

2 quick personal questions:

I will be flying via Delta, LGA-BNA. Which CC will yield the most miles on this purchase, Delta Gold or Amex Plat?

Also, I will be flying Virgin America JFK-SFO. Which frequent flier program should I plug in? Virgin Atlantic (which I got a free one year Silver Upgrade, thanks to DD, which expires soon, and dont even know of the perks) or Virgin America (which i just signed up for)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Member benefits change at United-Continental
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:34:49 PM »
 if you are going to post something that has already been beaten to death at least make it a proper post but you really shouldnt have started a new thread when 1 already exists about the same topic

Amex wont stop the transffers till 10/11 a year from now so no need to Worry just yet

2- Im not up on DL but I believe if you use the Amex DL CC for the tkt purchase youd earn 2 or 3 x the amount of miles. dont know if Amex Plat offers 2 or 3 x

3- I have no idea what the Virgin programs are about so no comment on that

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Offline arie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
amex platinum will not have Continental lounge access starting 09/30/11
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 09:44:54 PM »
Continental Airlines Presidents Club®.  After September 30, 2011, Continental Airlines Presidents Clubs will no longer be a part of the Platinum Airport Club Access Program. You will continue to have complimentary access to American Airlines Admirals Club®, Delta Sky ClubTM, and US Airways® Club locations with your Card4.

https://www295.americanexpress.com/cards/platinum/benefit.do?benefitTemplate=template_b&benefitId=platinumbenefitnews

Offline aussiebochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:58:22 PM »
Continental Presidents Club will cease to exist. The merged lounges will be called "United Club".(how much do you think they paid for such an original name? Pathetic, IMO...)

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 10:25:32 PM »
All part of the reason they merged to begin with, to cut costs.