Author Topic: Sheraton Vacations  (Read 15256 times)

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Sheraton Vacations
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:03:26 PM »
Anyone have any experience with this? I got an invite to go to the Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando 5days/4nights for $299. It doesn't say I have to buy anything or even listen to a sales pitch. Anyone ever get one of these? I'm hesitant to trust it.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Ez

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sheraton Vacations
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:20:38 PM »
Anyone have any experience with this? I got an invite to go to the Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando 5days/4nights for $299. It doesn't say I have to buy anything or even listen to a sales pitch. Anyone ever get one of these? I'm hesitant to trust it.

Got the same last year for the "Westin Kierland Resort" in Scottsdale AZ, it's usually a great deal, just be prepared to say no...

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=12380.msg157493#msg157493

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 06:42:37 PM »
I just posted this a few days ago.
i called them..not a time share but dates r very limited..

Offline BBPAPA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:46:04 PM »
I've been there 3X. Love the place. No shul in walking distance for Shabbos.
but heard someone walked 2 + hr for a minyan.
You are walking distance to Publix for food-Location is great (Xcept for shul)
You're stuck with a timeshare presentation, though.
Last time I was stuck for 3+ hr on a friday.-you have to travel to other sheraton to start the presentation-about 10 min away and they bus tour you around and then you go back for the hard sell.
The first time we got a phone call for them,more than 5 yrs ago- we were also wondering about the deal--just make sure it's from sheration/starwoods-if so, it's real

How did you get an invite???
Let me know, please. 

I'm going this month-couldn't get a package rate like you-sold out for the package for my dates.
It's not a 5 star hotel -maintainance staff fair but it has very beautiful accomodations and clean-i"ve only stayed in the 2BR-ask for the renovated rooms- Now they have free wifi in the rooms-

I posted looking for a timeshare owner last week to refer me- no one answered my call.
Put down a deposit last night before the best rate I got would be sold out.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 11:29:11 PM »
I'm an SPG member and I just got it in the mail. Didn't request it. I hate those hard sell folks. It's for a 1 BR. Is there anything to do there if ur too old for amusement parks and don't golf? By the way,Ez, we went to the Westin on points and they offered us money to take the "tour" on Friday as well. It stretched into hours and was a pain. But then again, this SPG invite is for 5 days.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline BigDanFan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Biz Platinum, Amex Business Gold, Chase Ink Bold, SW, Delta Gold,etc...
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 12:44:43 AM »
I'm an SPG member and I just got it in the mail. Didn't request it.
 .....But then again, this SPG invite is for 5 days.
You get a free SPG 5 day stay?
#DDSCLE,#DDSLA, spg platinum 2016,

Offline BBPAPA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 08:09:23 AM »
Just ask if there is a presentation for this deal-they'll be up front with you.

We always go the parks when there-one trip Disney parks and the next time sea world/universal-tickets are pricey, though.
discounted tickets can be had from Chabad (jewishorlando.com)

What to do if you don't want to go the parks?
Check out a AAA tour book for ideas.

Get an Orlando Magic Card for additional discounts while you're there for other ideas
http://www.visitorlando.com/discounts-and-tickets/free-magicard-orlando-discount-card/?s_kwcid=TC&gclid=CNHD4pnR7rsCFel9Ogod1ngARg
If you can pick the time of year you want to go, pick spring before the children get out for spring break or just after Pesach.
Have Fun!

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »
You get a free SPG 5 day stay?
Not free. $299

Offline BigDanFan

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Biz Platinum, Amex Business Gold, Chase Ink Bold, SW, Delta Gold,etc...
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 10:26:19 AM »
Not free. $299
oh --
We're going to FL for a free 3 day stay (Orlando was one of the options, but Miami has better food...  ;) ),
but it's with the Wyndham timeshare group. (They are RCI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCI_(company) )

I got a targeted phone call due to being an (1?!!?  8) ) amex cardholder.
so one 3 day stay was $99 and they requested we buy the 2nd one for $59.
Choices were in VA, PA, NY, FL, etc... prob a total of a 2 hr shpiel...  the final offer is the best... considering the one-year option for $1500... 

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 11:03:15 AM »
Update: I just called them and asked if I have to attend a presentation. They said there is no presentation or anything else. $299 for the 5 days/4 nights includes everything, parking, taxes, etc. Supposedly just because I'm a loyal customer (which I am, with the tremendous help from my wife!). I can either make a date (they said they're already full for Jan and Feb) or pay and use it within 12 months. Problem there is our (we both work in schools) midwinter is usually end of Jan and no way to know when it will be next year. This year we're doing the Holy Land on miles. They said they're sometimes flexible with the 12 months. Not sure what to do. Will discuss with my wife (yeah, we talk once in a while). Sounds pretty good, but not much to do for the older fogies if we don't do the parks or golf.

Offline BBPAPA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 06:33:47 PM »
Just came back from Vistana Villages-even though we didn't go on a package, we did the presentation and got $150 to do it--it did take 3 hrs
They're up front about it-just prepare to say NO to 3 or 4 groups of salesman--the presenter, the manager and the one who does the survey-the best offer is from the last person.  We thought about their last offer - but ultimately passed on it.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 07:14:41 PM »
I ended up calling them a couple of days later after I got the email confirmation. It said I only had until December to go. I asked if they would be flexible (as the original person I spoke to said) because We can only go end of January/beginning of February. They said no, so I asked for my money back. They told me to write an email which I did and I got the money back, no hassle. So I never got to experience it. And this one had NO presentations. Oh well. Maybe another time.

Offline BigDanFan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »
Just came back from Vistana Villages-even though we didn't go on a package, we did the presentation and got $150 to do it--it did take 3 hrs
They're up front about it-just prepare to say NO to 3 or 4 groups of salesman--the presenter, the manager and the one who does the survey-the best offer is from the last person.  We thought about their last offer - but ultimately passed on it.
+1
that's good..
Still worth it for a quality low cost stay. Lately, they've said to us that it's fine if now is not a good time to say yes, but sometime in the future, we'll have them in mind.. They've been (or, at least acting like they are) very understanding and accommodating..

Offline BBPAPA

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 09:08:37 PM »
all the quality companies know what they're doing

Offline zagguru

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 02:49:49 PM »
Just got an offer to stay at this property. 4 nights, 5 days = $199 and $200 visa gift card. They told me I would have to sit in on a 100 minute seminar but thats it.

Anyone recently have any experience with there stay here? They have dates available that i could go so im very close on pulling the trigger.

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 10:58:10 PM »
Just got an offer to stay at this property. 4 nights, 5 days = $199 and $200 visa gift card. They told me I would have to sit in on a 100 minute seminar but thats it.

Anyone recently have any experience with there stay here? They have dates available that i could go so im very close on pulling the trigger.
A free 4 night stay , Ill go for it  :)
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 09:22:16 AM »

A no brainier to me.

Offline zagguru

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 02:09:05 PM »
Anyone know if there is a way to "opt in" to receive such offers?