Author Topic: Trip to Israel Using Points and Miles  (Read 1485 times)

Offline cbc

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Trip to Israel Using Points and Miles
« on: October 11, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
This is new to me.  I have 23,000 continental miles and 70,000 AMEX rewards point.  Can someone advise me as to the best way to get a free ticket to Israel from NY/NJ in the month of November, preferably around Thanksgiving, however, not limited to that - using the least amount of milege and points.  Thanks.

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to Israel Using Points and Miles
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 04:14:51 PM »
This is new to me.  I have 23,000 continental miles and 70,000 AMEX rewards point.  Can someone advise me as to the best way to get a free ticket to Israel from NY/NJ in the month of November, preferably around Thanksgiving, however, not limited to that - using the least amount of milege and points.  Thanks.
Log in to your account on Continental.com and search for award availability for your dates (under the "onepass" section). Make sure to look for Saverpass seats- not Easy pass! Once you find availability in both directions for the dates you want you can put it on hold online since you wont have enought points in your account to book. You will need 75K Continental points for a coach ticket so once you put your itinerary on hold you will be short 52,000 points (since you already have 23K).
You can then log in to your Amex account and transfer 52,000 points into your Continental account, and go back to CO and book your ticket.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »
For how many people?
Coach or business?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline cbc

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 04:30:57 PM »
1 person
coach (if i have enough points, possibly business)

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »
1 person
coach (if i have enough points, possibly business)
Currently you only have enough for Coach (by following my instructions below). If you want to fly one way in coach and one way in Biz then you are 2,000 miles short (you would need 95K and you have 93K total once you combine your miles). So you can probably "borrow" from amex the 2K against future spending.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 04:46:11 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.