Author Topic: Targeted:Delta Plat Trial for NY'ers / thru 2015 for purchasing biz elite ticket  (Read 18173 times)

Online ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
DROPR - Don't Rely On Phone Reps

From the T & C on my offer:
.....In order to extend your Medallion status.....you'll need to purchase and fly one qualifying BusinessElite fare (fare class J/C/D/I/Z) on a flight offering BusinessElite service ......

Nothing about long haul flights.  Maybe that's what they had in mind, maybe it's what the reps have in mind, but there's nothing about that in the T& C.  so we're good with a flight Z to ATL for $302.  (Even less from other NYC airports.)
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Online skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

.....In order to extend your Medallion status.....you'll need to purchase and fly one qualifying BusinessElite fare (fare class J/C/D/I/Z) on a flight offering BusinessElite service ......

Nothing about long haul flights.  Maybe that's what they had in mind, maybe it's what the reps have in mind, but there's nothing about that in the T& C.  so we're good with a flight Z to ATL for $302.  (Even less from other NYC airports.)
The issue would be if there was a Z flight that wasn't BusinessElite, they could argue that doesn't qualify. When you pick your seat on that kind of flight it's showing the cabin as BusinessElite even though the plane is not equipped with BusinessElite flights.

Offline moto

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile

the new T&C says flights from jfk to lax or sea or sfo I understand it didn't say that in the first ones

Do you think they will honor a flight from lga to atl in business class Z as a business elite flight?

Offline Tzfas

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
They did for me  from jfk to Atl but the terms have changed!! my trip shows "fare class paid/flown as "Z/Z". So as always YMMV.

Offline moto

• View Profile
They did for me  from jfk to Atl but the terms have changed!! my trip shows "fare class paid/flown as "Z/Z". So as always YMMV.
And the extended your platinum status and gave you 100k DL Miles ?

Online ckmk47

• View Profile
What's the wording in the new terms?

Offline Tzfas

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
What's the wording in the new terms?
Bonus Offer: If you meet the criteria to participate, you will receive Platinum Medallion status and Delta Sky Club access for 60 days. The 60-day period will start upon enrollment in the promotion. In order to extend your Medallion status and Delta Sky Club membership after the 60 days, you'll need to purchase and fly one qualifying BusinessElite fare (fare classes J/C/D/I/Z) on a flight offering BusinessElite service within 60 days after enrolling. BusinessElite service is limited to the following long-haul international and transcontinental flights:  Flights offering BusinessElite (a) transpacific, (b) transatlantic, (c) transcontinental flights between New York/JFK and Los Angeles/LAX, San Francisco/SFO and Seattle/SEA, and (d) between the U.S. and Brasilia/BSB, Buenos Aires/EZE, Lima/LIM, Rio de Janeiro/GIG, Santiago, Chile/SCL, and São Paulo/GRU.service may be modified by Delta at any time and without prior notice. Qualifying flight must be marketed and operated by Delta. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer. Only tickets purchased with a published fare that earns full mileage accrual will qualify. Upon taking a qualifying flight, your Medallion status will automatically be extended through February 2015, your Delta Sky Club membership will be extended an additional ten (10) months and you will earn 100,000 bonus miles. Bonus miles earned with this promotion do not count toward Medallion or Million Miler™ status.

Online ckmk47

• View Profile
Bonus Offer: If you meet the criteria to participate, you will receive Platinum Medallion status and Delta Sky Club access for 60 days. The 60-day period will start upon enrollment in the promotion. In order to extend your Medallion status and Delta Sky Club membership after the 60 days, you'll need to purchase and fly one qualifying BusinessElite fare (fare classes J/C/D/I/Z) on a flight offering BusinessElite service within 60 days after enrolling. BusinessElite service is limited to the following long-haul international and transcontinental flights:  Flights offering BusinessElite (a) transpacific, (b) transatlantic, (c) transcontinental flights between New York/JFK and Los Angeles/LAX, San Francisco/SFO and Seattle/SEA, and (d) between the U.S. and Brasilia/BSB, Buenos Aires/EZE, Lima/LIM, Rio de Janeiro/GIG, Santiago, Chile/SCL, and São Paulo/GRU.service may be modified by Delta at any time and without prior notice. Qualifying flight must be marketed and operated by Delta. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer. Only tickets purchased with a published fare that earns full mileage accrual will qualify. Upon taking a qualifying flight, your Medallion status will automatically be extended through February 2015, your Delta Sky Club membership will be extended an additional ten (10) months and you will earn 100,000 bonus miles. Bonus miles earned with this promotion do not count toward Medallion or Million Miler™ status.
The entire passage now bolded is NOT in my T & C. Otherwise it's exactly the same. I hope I don't have a big fight over my flight to ATL.

Offline artee

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Apparently you can get delta to issue a refund on the tickets that won't qualify under the new t&c's.... have there been any recent experiences positive or negative?

Online ckmk47

• View Profile
I don't want a refund, I want my stuff!  I flew this week EWR > ATL (Z); ATL > FLL (G).
I called in advance and the rep said it would qualify I know DROR, yet under the old terms (that I got) it should work.  My bonus  points haven't posted yet, and upthread someone said they posted right away.  So I just called Delta, and she said it can take up to 6 weeks and they're having a lot of weather related manual miles man hours, so I'll have to wait.  She didn't tell me I'm not getting them, but that's probably irrelevant.

Offline Allune

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
I don't want a refund, I want my stuff!  I flew this week EWR > ATL (Z); ATL > FLL (G).
I called in advance and the rep said it would qualify I know DROR, yet under the old terms (that I got) it should work.  My bonus  points haven't posted yet, and upthread someone said they posted right away.  So I just called Delta, and she said it can take up to 6 weeks and they're having a lot of weather related manual miles man hours, so I'll have to wait.  She didn't tell me I'm not getting them, but that's probably irrelevant.

Any update on this?

Online ckmk47

• View Profile
Any update on this?
Not yet.  It's only 2 weeks since my trip.  I'll probably call 4 weeks after the trip if I still don't have it.  I'll KIT.

Offline Dabomb

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Just booked to SEA from JFK in Class Z for $578, have to go to LAX, so I'll take a $99 flight on Virgin to LAX. Originally booked LGA to LAX via Atlanta (ATL), but the 'Long Haul Flights' mentioned in the T/C and only JFK being specified had me skeptical (even though the rep said it would be good).

BTW - The reps don't have the new T/C so they'll tell you the original T/C which didn't specify the JFK to XXX requirement.

Offline ah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
They honored for my MIA-ATL flight because I enrolled before the t&c changed...just need to fax them and you'll be fine

Offline moto

• View Profile
They honored for my MIA-ATL flight because I enrolled before the t&c changed...just need to fax them and you'll be fine
what did you tell them ?
what are you faxing them the T&C you got in the mail ?
which class did you book ?
what number did you call ?

TIA

Offline ah

• View Profile
what did you tell them ?

TIA
I called the regular number they told me to fax a letter stating the problem with the old terms/new terms to 404-715-9220 sure enough a few days later I got an email that since i enrolled/purchased on a date before the terms changed i would be getting the offer and a couple days after that I got a congratulations email that miles have posted and medallion extended...no need to show anything to them :)

Offline ah

• View Profile
what did you tell them ?

TIA
I called the regular number they told me to fax a letter stating the problem with the old terms/new terms to 404-715-9220 sure enough a few days later I got an email that since i enrolled/purchased on a date before the terms changed i would be getting the offer and a couple days after that I got a congratulations email that miles have posted and medallion extended...no need to show anything to them :)

Offline moto

• View Profile
thanks for the update I booked mine after it changed and flew it already
I will fax it in anyways what do I write on the fax?

Online ckmk47

• View Profile
I called at 4 weeks and got a bubblehead, who hadn't a clue and couldn't find the offer I was referring to even after I gave her the code.
HUCAd a few days later.  She spoke to the medallion (or something) department who said my flight didn't qualify.  I told her that I had the original T & C and that my offer didn't need to fly trans-oceanic/ continental.  She went to tell them.  They said they would look into it and I would hear back in 7 - 10 days.  My plan was to call back in under a week.  2 days have passed.  I just got an email congratulating me on my medallion status and my acquisition of 100,000 miles!
Thank you all for your support.   
My husband was really on me to get the stuff.  He needed my quick trip to Florida without him to worth it.  :)

Offline moto

• View Profile
bug that you to ah

I faxed in on Monday a copy of my terms which were the old ones
(I booked a ticket in D class after the terms were changed)
 and indicated why I'm doing it and placed my contact info
2 days later I got a email from delta that they approved me and they added the 100k and will add the platinum in a day