Author Topic: Delta Platinum challenge questions  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Delta Platinum challenge questions
« on: January 19, 2014, 12:38:29 PM »
Didn't seem to find this anywhere. If it's out there please let me know. I just got my status match on Delta to Platinum - it's for 90 days and it's just a challenge, which no way will I make. I took it because I thought I might go to Miami with Delta and use it, but I got tickets on JetBlue. Anyway, now that I have this status, is there a way to use it for anything the next 90 days without taking a flight? Like lounge access or something? Going to Miami on Jetblue in March. Just wondering. Also, anyone know if I can get any kind of status on JetBlue? Is there anything? Thanks.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
Re: Delta Platinum challenge questions
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 03:42:33 PM »
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=37430.0
That has nothing to do with the OP. The OP is about a status match, not a special offer.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 05:54:51 PM »
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=37430.0
Thanks but my situation is different. I didn't get that offer. I status matched and they just gave it to me. So my question is, even if I can't do the requested flights, can I use a lounge if I'm taking another company's flight. Is the temporary 90 day status good for anything? Or do I have to be on a Delta flight. Like if I go to the airport for my JetBlue flight to Florida, can I sit in the Delta lounge?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 06:08:36 PM »
Thanks but my situation is different. I didn't get that offer. I status matched and they just gave it to me. So my question is, even if I can't do the requested flights, can I use a lounge if I'm taking another company's flight. Is the temporary 90 day status good for anything? Or do I have to be on a Delta flight. Like if I go to the airport for my JetBlue flight to Florida, can I sit in the Delta lounge?
You don't get Sky Club access for free even when you actually earn Platinum (you need to get to Diamond for that), so no.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 06:59:06 PM »
You don't get Sky Club access for free even when you actually earn Platinum (you need to get to Diamond for that), so no.
Thanks. And I found this as well:
A Medallion membership card will be not issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection, by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam lounges.

Oh well. Don't see why I need it then.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 07:05:12 PM »
Thanks. And I found this as well:
A Medallion membership card will be not issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection, by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam lounges.

Oh well. Don't see why I need it then.
Right, which means even though normally Platinums do get free access to other SkyTeam member lounges, you don't get that benefit with the challenge. Same is true for the Choice Benefits that normally come with Platinum status. Bottom line, the 90 day status is useless unless you're flying within that timeframe.