Author Topic: Help Need a cell phone for a hospital stay  (Read 9215 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Help Need a cell phone for a hospital stay
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 01:13:46 PM »
This is what you call tech stuff?

:P

I admitt Electronic would have been a better word to have used, I guess I just clamp it all together you know like setting up the LED 42" TV or yesterdays VCR or a CD camera or PC or netbook. If its Electronic I see it as tech related

Thats why its great if theres a kid under 15 around they can fix any of these things in secs

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 01:18:46 PM »
I admitt Electronic would have been a better word to have used, I guess I just clamp it all together you know like setting up the LED 42" TV or yesterdays VCR or a CD camera or PC or netbook. If its Electronic I see it as tech related

Thats why its great if theres a kid under 15 around they can fix any of these things in secs

This is about the financial/cost aspect, not about the mechanical/technical aspect? BTW, aren't there restrictions about cellphone use in hospitals?

DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 01:32:40 PM »
BTW, aren't there restrictions about cellphone use in hospitals?

Only in some areas. In most areas, you are free to use them (at least from my expreience)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 01:37:12 PM »
This is about the financial/cost aspect, not about the mechanical/technical aspect? BTW, aren't there restrictions about cellphone use in hospitals?

1- its not only the cost but some phones arent worth anything = a pain to use or have known problems so I was hoping that if that was the case someone would have said something. My old phone got a short in it so I simply went onto eBay and got a new phone same model, a Motorola V551  yea its old but dear to me and I didnt have to go and learn how to use a different one. btw no BB and I dont have any texting allowed in or out nor do I use the phone for interent use, so phones can sort of be Tech too

2- for the Hospital that may be true depending on which type of ward a person is in, but usually there is no problem in their rehab wards, where she should be hopefully either later that day or the next day depending on when they do the OP and her condition afterwards. Also hopefully after a couple of days she will be somewhat mobile so she wont be staying in bed all day and thusly will be able to if need be go to an area where the phone is allowed. If not well she blew $27

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 01:43:29 PM »
If not well she blew $27

$27 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
My mistake I changed the You to He, I wrote what was in my head thinking about you and forgot I was answering Avid

So what you are saying is if at any time you posted something that is wrong or something that is misleading that once anything is posted it should remain up. Man Im happy 99.99% of the people on any BB dont think like you do thats besides those not on a BB

It doesnt say much about you then as a person if you feel you can on 1 hand admitt you were wrong and then on the other hand say I dont care I want to Bash the guy no matter if he or I am correct by doing so

as for thread it was over once the purchase was made of the phone and simply Dan and I were cleaning things up
Would you like to bring this matter before a judge? It was legal after all.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 02:42:38 PM »
Would you like to bring this matter before a judge? It was legal after all.

????

what are you referring to?? if what he posted then I can post anything I like to as well and call aperson whatever I want to its not illegal to do so, if after having done so someone points out that what I posted wasnt proper for whatever reason and I Agree with them yet I leave the post Stand as is then Id be anything but a Decent person, and it would be correct for everyone to say that I have a hidden agender and simply trying to Bash XYZ whenever and however I can = I would be no different then a 5 yr old at least mentally wise

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 03:00:27 PM »
????

what are you referring to?? if what he posted then I can post anything I like to as well and call aperson whatever I want to its not illegal to do so, if after having done so someone points out that what I posted wasnt proper for whatever reason and I Agree with them yet I leave the post Stand as is then Id be anything but a Decent person, and it would be correct for everyone to say that I have a hidden agender and simply trying to Bash XYZ whenever and however I can = I would be no different then a 5 yr old at least mentally wise
Of course you can say whatever you want. Basically, from some of your other posts you seem to base things on a purely dry legal basis without taking into consideration what is decent. I though I would hold the mirror at you for a second.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 03:12:01 PM »
Of course you can say whatever you want. Basically, from some of your other posts you seem to base things on a purely dry legal basis without taking into consideration what is decent. I though I would hold the mirror at you for a second.

if you wish to discuss anything concerning SR or what I have posted about that , then it belongs on the other thread and not over here, but thats probably asking too much from you since it involves something that you guys just arent capable of doing

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »
if you wish to discuss anything concerning SR or what I have posted about that , then it belongs on the other thread and not over here, but thats probably asking too much from you since it involves something that you guys just arent capable of doing

Actually, your posts concerning SR didn't belong in that thread either. You took a nice effort of Unity for Rubashkin and derailed it into a debate of whether he is guilty + other filth you can find on him and his relatives. There are other websites that would love and thrive on your comments, just not here.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 03:33:24 PM »
Actually, your posts concerning SR didn't belong in that thread either. You took a nice effort of Unity for Rubashkin and derailed it into a debate of whether he is guilty + other filth you can find on him and his relatives. There are other websites that would love and thrive on your comments, just not here.

Oh you didnt like that I posted the TRUTH about the family and what they have pulled over the years. Please as I asked on that thread  post and show me where I was Wrong and that please post where the Govt Indicments were false , if they were why did they pay the Fines instead of suing the Govt?

let me guess as long as a Chabnik does something that will either help them or Chabad out $$ wise its all kosher and fair game

You guys are really something SPECIAL

lastly AFAIK this site is NOT Chabad.com but DD.com and anyone is free to agree or disagree with whatever a person posts , and more and more I know people who have reached the same conclusion as I have that simply the Family has finally ran into a wall after all the yrs of getting away with the crimes they have committed, oh but wait its not possible for any Chabadnik to committ a crime as long as it benefits the cause or themselves, Crime is only for non-Chabadniks

have a Gut Shabbos or dont you guys have to hold by Shabbos either?

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »
Oh you didnt like that I posted the TRUTH about the family and what they have pulled over the years. Please as I asked on that thread  post and show me where I was Wrong and that please post where the Govt Indicments were false , if they were why did they pay the Fines instead of suing the Govt?

let me guess as long as a Chabnik does something that will either help them or Chabad out $$ wise its all kosher and fair game

lastly AFAIK this site is NOT Chabad.com but DD.com and anyone is free to agree or disagree with whatever a person posts , and more and more I know people who have reached the same conclusion as I have that simply the Family has finally ran into a wall after all the yrs of getting away with the crimes they have committed, oh but wait its not possible for any Chabadnik to committ a crime as long as it benefits the cause or themselves, Crime is only for non-Chabadniks

Try again please?

You know Lakewood isn't Chabad, neither Boro Park, Monsey etc. yet they have come out in thousands of numbers to support him. Something Tell's me this is not a Chabad issue. Try guessing again.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 04:08:46 PM by Avid Reader »

Offline lafan

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 12:56:02 AM »

Im no chabadnik (from my lurking I dont think most people on this forum are either) but did one happen to eat your firstborn or something?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 12:57:56 AM »
did one happen to eat your firstborn or something?

Isn't that called a rogue Cohen? :D

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »
 Got to thinking if AT&T has this $2 a day unlimited that should work out to less then what they charge for their reg Unlimited plan which is $99 a month, so why do so many people pay the $99 when they can get it for 1/3 less

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 11:10:50 AM »
I don't think you can get BB service on the prepaid.

Offline ceejay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 11:33:39 AM »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 11:59:46 AM »
did you look into https://www.safelinkwireless.com

1- didnt know about it

2- people said tracphone wasnt a good deal

3- my Mom although retired for many yrs is in the very top income tax bracket so no free time for her

4- thanks for posting as maybe someone else can avail themselves of that program

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2010, 12:00:44 PM »
I don't think you can get BB service on the prepaid.

not everyone has BB

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2010, 12:24:09 PM »

To clarify, you can get data with a prepaid plan, but you cannot get any smartphone data package (BB, iPhone etc.) with a prepaid plan. Only on a contract.