Author Topic: Ideas for side income  (Read 11449 times)

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
Re: Ideas for side income
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 10:48:08 AM »
how well can you teach computer stuff? (basic understanding, terminology and usage, printers, scanners, Word, Excel, Outlook, Browsers, etc.)
There is a strong market for people that can come in to a company on a temporary basis for a few hours a week and teach the employees to use computers and provide basic IT support. You can also parlay that into a refresher course every 6 months to a year.

There are always new programs and tech coming out and people need to be taught how to use them.
I am definitely familiar with those. and i would be able to help computer newbies understanding all these basic concepts
#TYH

Offline MoGro17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »
I suppose that will work.

The first step is to develop a lesson plan for what you're gonna teach. keep in mind that you will have different levels of "students". Personally, what I do is start at the very beginning (Beraishis barah J. Presper Eckert in 1946 es haENIAC...) and explain what computers can do and, more importantly, what they CAN'T do [which is basically anything they weren't TOLD to do]. Even computer savvy people need a refresher once in a while. There is nothing too basic.
The manager of a company called me up hyperventilating that all the computers in a room were blank and they had tried everything. When I showed up I found that the power strip that they were all plugged in to was off. Someone had kicked it by accident. Basic, but billable  ;)
Networking is also important. Include in your lesson plan what a network is, how the internet works and why some websites can be slower than others.
Anything that you don't know the answer to, find out. Do research. Read, read, read. Don't make stuff up. It's okay to say "I don't know" but it's WAY better to come prepared.
IMPORTANTMake sure your lesson plan is time effective and interesting.

The next step is to find a small company that you have an "in" with (family, friend, etc) that you can provide the service to for free or for very cheap. Get your name out there. Water cooler banter and after-hours drinks are the ways for your students to circulate your name to employees of other companies. 

Good luck.

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »

The first step is to develop a lesson plan for what you're gonna teach. keep in mind that you will have different levels of "students". Personally, what I do is start at the very beginning (Beraishis barah J. Presper Eckert in 1946 es haENIAC...) and explain what computers can do and, more importantly, what they CAN'T do [which is basically anything they weren't TOLD to do]. Even computer savvy people need a refresher once in a while. There is nothing too basic.
The manager of a company called me up hyperventilating that all the computers in a room were blank and they had tried everything. When I showed up I found that the power strip that they were all plugged in to was off. Someone had kicked it by accident. Basic, but billable  ;)
Networking is also important. Include in your lesson plan what a network is, how the internet works and why some websites can be slower than others.
Anything that you don't know the answer to, find out. Do research. Read, read, read. Don't make stuff up. It's okay to say "I don't know" but it's WAY better to come prepared.

The next step is to find a small company that you have an "in" with (family, friend, etc) that you can provide the service to for free or for very cheap. Get your name out there. Water cooler banter and after-hours drinks are the ways for your students to circulate your name to employees of other companies. 

Good luck.

great advice.
thank you
#TYH

Offline EP123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »
For side income:

There is a need/demand from many people. they have credit card and airline points but when it comes to booking a ticket many cannot figure out the best way to use it for their trip. Dan posted many charts but for the regular joe it is not simple.

Here is where you come in:

Study and learn all the charts and ways of booking awards, then you can book tickets for people using their awards and you can charge a booking fee. Either per hour or per ticket.

Worst case you may end up doing this full time.

You can even advertise on DansDeals.com or on the Facebook group (where most of your clientele would be found, people who cannot figure out the complicated ways of online forums and groups. Facebook is simple and lazy.)

Offline zw

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »
There are many commissioned sales based opportunities since the business owner doesn't risk much by taking you in part time. In my commercial energy brokerage I have a bunch of part timers.
Can you plz PM me if you have connections to any such jobs thank you!

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2014, 03:39:37 PM »
For side income:

There is a need/demand from many people. they have credit card and airline points but when it comes to booking a ticket many cannot figure out the best way to use it for their trip. Dan posted many charts but for the regular joe it is not simple.

Here is where you come in:

Study and learn all the charts and ways of booking awards, then you can book tickets for people using their awards and you can charge a booking fee. Either per hour or per ticket.

Worst case you may end up doing this full time.

You can even advertise on DansDeals.com or on the Facebook group (where most of your clientele would be found, people who cannot figure out the complicated ways of online forums and groups. Facebook is simple and lazy.)

Already exists and its over here - http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=7986.0

;D
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline googwallet

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 09:29:27 PM »
Already exists and its over here - http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=7986.0

;D
Looks like this guy made some business out of it http://www.awardtravelconsulting.com/.
Personally, I think there is a need. Although many people volunteer much of their time on the above mentioned thread (chucksterace ;)), some are willing to pay for a real service and the ability to speak to someone knowledgeable in the field.
Just my .02

Offline DK23

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »
Tutoring or guitar lessons - I used to give guitar lessons easily made $45/hour for a store who was charging a total of $70/hour!  That's good money and the same applies for tutoring/bar mitzvah lessons etc...

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 08:11:28 PM »

Good luck.
I like this idea. I just wish I had the time for it (b"h I don't need to make extra money. I guess that might be why I don't have the time  :)). But if I had the time, I would def look into doing this. I love this type of work and (i think) have a lot to give over (actually I spend a nice amount of my time doing this even though it's not really part off my job duties nor do I have time for it).

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2014, 10:09:45 PM »
Collecting

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 11:19:19 PM »
Deliveries

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2014, 01:03:08 AM »
Uber
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2014, 09:41:24 AM »

Offline Am

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2014, 07:13:17 PM »
lol!
I'm not sure that was a joke. There are charities that will pay hourly or on commission to collect for them (telemarketing etc.) with minimal/flexible hours

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 03:56:42 PM »
Hmmm

Offline Tankchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2014, 08:52:59 PM »
Anyone have ideas for earning side income (not involving CC's  8) ) ?

All ideas/suggestions welcome

If there is already a thread for this can someone please post a link?
I don't know what you should do for a side income but I know what you SHOULDN'T DO stay far away from mlm/pyramid schemes unless you want to lose all your friends and all your money, and waste a bunch of time while shaming your family. I would imagine that you got some pms inviting you into mlm's, there is a reason that they are banned from this forum.

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2014, 10:03:14 PM »
I don't know what you should do for a side income but I know what you SHOULDN'T DO stay far away from mlm/pyramid schemes unless you want to lose all your friends and all your money, and waste a bunch of time while shaming your family. I would imagine that you got some pms inviting you into mlm's, there is a reason that they are banned from this forum.
נעוץ תחילתן בסופן וסופן בתחילתו
Must've been said about 2014

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2014, 10:06:58 PM »
English please
You are responding to a comment from Jan '14, I inserted a quote from the sages that "the end is connected to the beginning and the beginning is connected with the end" must've been said about 2014.

Offline Tankchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2014, 10:14:40 PM »
You are responding to a comment from Jan '14, I inserted a quote from the sages that "the end is connected to the beginning and the beginning is connected with the end" must've been said about 2014.
Thank you Mr. Scholar I knew before posting that this question  was posted a while back, but this thread is also for other people besides the guy that started it, and this type of question is a goldmine for a mlm loser looking for recruits, I wonder how many pm's he got inviting him to meetings.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:21:59 PM by Tankchucker »

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2018, 03:13:43 PM »
Does anybody know of a company that pays you to wrap your car in advertisements? For NY NJ area.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.