Author Topic: Ana not working for flights less then 7 days out  (Read 1495 times)

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Ana not working for flights less then 7 days out
« on: October 22, 2010, 04:08:52 AM »
Hi

I was looking for a flight for next Week wednesday and was wondering, that I didnt get any seats. Then I realized a - and not a x.
On top of the page it says
The itinerary you entered is not valid. The booking period for the Star Alliance Award Ticket is between 330 days to 7 days prior to the date of departure

So ana does not work anymore to look up tickets less then 7 days. Is that new? Time to change to expertflyer?!

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ana not working for flights less then 7 days out
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 05:20:48 AM »
Hi

I was looking for a flight for next Week wednesday and was wondering, that I didnt get any seats. Then I realized a - and not a x.
On top of the page it says
The itinerary you entered is not valid. The booking period for the Star Alliance Award Ticket is between 330 days to 7 days prior to the date of departure

So ana does not work anymore to look up tickets less then 7 days. Is that new? Time to change to expertflyer?!

kvs works.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 09:21:16 AM »
kvs works.
Indeed it does, but I wonder how?
Example:
PHL-TLV, 10/25.
ANA shows "-"
KVS shows "YS+" for the nonstop US flight.
CO.com also shows availability for the nonstop US flight.
Aeroplan does not show the flight,
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 09:24:54 AM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 09:42:24 AM »
KVS doesn't search ANA the way we do. If you search you'll find the way KVS searches. Either way it's different and does not require mileage in your account etc.
-Eli

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 09:47:53 AM »
KVS doesn't search ANA the way we do. If you search you'll find the way KVS searches. Either way it's different and does not require mileage in your account etc.
Yes, but searching ANA without miles can be accomplished very easily with a simple firefox plugin or by the other search workaround.
Searching for something that can't be done at all by us makes KVS far more useful.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 09:51:07 AM »
The reason why ANA does not work for less than 7 days is because they wont book it with less than 7 days. I have tried more than once and was told that they can not book *A flights with less than 7 days.