Topic Wiki

S&S in brick lowered the limit today to $200 on a card.
Each GC only $200 but you could buy more than 1 yesterday I was able to buy $500

Author Topic: Should every deal from the forum go public?  (Read 12584 times)

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Should every deal from the forum go public?
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2014, 10:46:17 AM »
not sure if its a repost...

Glitch causes Woodstock gas station to sell fuel for a penny

http://www.wrex.com/story/24691460/2014/02/11/glitch-causes-woodstock-gas-station-to-sell-fuel-for-a-penny
why is this relevant?

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2014, 10:54:20 AM »
not sure if its a repost...

Glitch causes Woodstock gas station to sell fuel for a penny

http://www.wrex.com/story/24691460/2014/02/11/glitch-causes-woodstock-gas-station-to-sell-fuel-for-a-penny
there is a thread on it from yesterday

Offline avrumy22

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2014, 11:11:09 AM »
Hmmm... so of these comments on this thread make me wince  :(

This past friday, about an hour before shabbs I booked a one way flight from EWR-LAX in business class for 25k United and 2.50..... thanks to Dan. I didnt pay a $75 fee.... thanks to dan. I sat in the lounge at newark.... thanks to Dan..... I landed and went to pick up a new Hyundai Genesis... thanks to Dan.

While I hear both sides of the argument, lets not forgot who's site it is. If you guys wanna make a site for ppl with 10 stars or more, go right ahead. Until then..... 8)

Offline MoGro17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2014, 11:22:03 AM »
Hmmm... so of these comments on this thread make me wince  :(

This past friday, about an hour before shabbs I booked a one way flight from EWR-LAX in business class for 25k United and 2.50..... thanks to Dan. I didnt pay a $75 fee.... thanks to dan. I sat in the lounge at newark.... thanks to Dan..... I landed and went to pick up a new Hyundai Genesis... thanks to Dan.

While I hear both sides of the argument, lets not forgot who's site it is. If you guys wanna make a site for ppl with 10 stars or more, go right ahead. Until then..... 8)

nuff said  ;D ;D

As for the rest...
Can a mod shut this thread down please? Clearly, it's not constructive and it helps nobody. If you need a place to vent, find a therapist who's in the Obamacare network, otherwise, bug off.
Contrary to popular belief, this forum is not a democracy and you DO NOT get to say whatever you feel like to whomever you feel like and expect to be accepted by the rest of the forumfolk.
I can only speak for myself when I say I do not identify with the haters. I am appreciative to Dan and some of the others for helping me with various CC/Miles/deals issues and I hope that this outburst by a fringe minority will not curb your enthusiasm for helping people; particularly people like me who don't get to spend so much time on the subjects.

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2014, 11:26:02 AM »
nuff said  ;D ;D

As for the rest...
Can a mod shut this thread down please? Clearly, it's not constructive and it helps nobody. If you need a place to vent, find a therapist who's in the Obamacare network, otherwise, bug off.
Contrary to popular belief, this forum is not a democracy and you DO NOT get to say whatever you feel like to whomever you feel like and expect to be accepted by the rest of the forumfolk.
I can only speak for myself when I say I do not identify with the haters. I am appreciative to Dan and some of the others for helping me with various CC/Miles/deals issues and I hope that this outburst by a fringe minority will not curb your enthusiasm for helping people; particularly people like me who don't get to spend so much time on the subjects.
I didn't notice too many haters in this thread. Most of the comments were that such deals as this is better if not given to the public who are not shtick-savvy, as no one will gain.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »
Not that he needs it but free advice for Dan. Read the thread but don't respond. It is a no win situation for you.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline efflpetzel

• View Profile
Should every deal from the forum go public?
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2014, 12:04:35 PM »
I find us ddfer to be Guinea Pigs for all Dan's main site deals we test them,figure out the loopholes and then he posts it and it gets killed. Hec he barely  comes up with deals these days they all have HT and mostly from ddf.
thanks mate, if this thread ever had legitimacy then you just killed it.

#dumbass

The funny thing is your post sounds exactly like all those comments on DDMS

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2014, 02:54:09 PM »
Isn't it clear that this S&S thing is a ploy by Dan to try and get people to move out of Lakewood?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline CS1

• View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »
Isn't it clear that this S&S thing is a ploy by Dan to try and get people to move out of Lakewood?
+1
...funny....
but, where would they move to?  ;)
If everyone goes to OH, then no more VRs and GCs for anyone... Plus, there would be - maybe more restaurants, but increased housing costs, etc..!!
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline E R K

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2014, 12:21:49 AM »
Wow! As the OP of the S&S deal, I have been reading all the comments there, here and MS. This same deal was around back in November and somehow that didn't cause an uproar on the forums but it also wasn't brought to MS. This time even before it hit MS some said "great, it's gonna get killed". I don't post deals for any recognition - I could care less about HT's or # of posts even though I know to a lot of you it brings credibility. In fact I've gotten HT's that weren't added to my count but don't care. I mentioned this deal because I've received so much valuable info from Dan (thanks, Grandfathered Verizon upgrade, etc) and the forums that I, too wanted to share. This IS Dan's site and while he doesn't make $ from that particular post I guess he felt it would be beneficial to his readers. After all, it is called Dan's Deals. Unfortunately there are many Chazers (pigs) out there that ruin a good thing. (Guy knives). And everyone has an opinion. When I told my spouse about people buying so many knives he said what's wrong with that? They're entitled to buy whatever and how ever many they want. I personally did not agree with him. While I didn't want the knives, what irked me most was the boastful attitude that the buyers of many had. Isn't that against what we believe? We are supposed to be a humble nation and not gloat in our successes. But I digress. I, too am in a relatively concentrated area however I do have a few S&S near me and I guess I did not realize how few of them there are in other neighborhoods. I realize people are upset if they don't get in on a great deal - heck, I admit I actually missed the Delta glitch. And of course if it gets ruined because someone does something they're not supposed to, but they need to be educated. Ultimately we are all a little selfish because we don't want someone else to ruin it for me.

In the end, while I don't have access to so many deals and stuff, I will continue to post something I think will be of interest and  people can do with it what they want.

Sorry if I'm rambling and such but just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2014, 01:23:37 AM »
And of course if it gets ruined because someone does something they're not supposed to, but they need to be educated. Ultimately we are all a little selfish because we don't want someone else to ruin it for me.

Thanx for your input, but you can you add yourself to the list of people that missed the boat.

People aren't just upset about the store running out of MC gc's, its about the long term effect.

There are many people that buy gc's with cc at s&s on a regular basis. The concern is that publicizing a deal like this to "deal dummies" will screw up more than just this promo - it'll force the store to institute a "no cc for gc" policy and/or a daily limit.

(This has been done already at other stores - not bec of abuse - but bec of people coming to counter and asking the cashier how to abuse the promo/givaway/etc. )

#My2CentsForToday

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2014, 01:32:35 AM »
In the end, while I don't have access to so many deals and stuff, I will continue to post something I think will be of interest and  people can do with it what they want.
Most of us thought this way at one point.

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2014, 08:18:05 AM »
Wow! As the OP of the S&S deal, I have been reading all the comments there, here and MS. This same deal was around back in November and somehow that didn't cause an uproar on the forums but it also wasn't brought to MS. This time even before it hit MS some said "great, it's gonna get killed". I don't post deals for any recognition - I could care less about HT's or # of posts even though I know to a lot of you it brings credibility. In fact I've gotten HT's that weren't added to my count but don't care. I mentioned this deal because I've received so much valuable info from Dan (thanks, Grandfathered Verizon upgrade, etc) and the forums that I, too wanted to share. This IS Dan's site and while he doesn't make $ from that particular post I guess he felt it would be beneficial to his readers. After all, it is called Dan's Deals. Unfortunately there are many Chazers (pigs) out there that ruin a good thing. (Guy knives). And everyone has an opinion. When I told my spouse about people buying so many knives he said what's wrong with that? They're entitled to buy whatever and how ever many they want. I personally did not agree with him. While I didn't want the knives, what irked me most was the boastful attitude that the buyers of many had. Isn't that against what we believe? We are supposed to be a humble nation and not gloat in our successes. But I digress. I, too am in a relatively concentrated area however I do have a few S&S near me and I guess I did not realize how few of them there are in other neighborhoods. I realize people are upset if they don't get in on a great deal - heck, I admit I actually missed the Delta glitch. And of course if it gets ruined because someone does something they're not supposed to, but they need to be educated. Ultimately we are all a little selfish because we don't want someone else to ruin it for me.

This so called OP thinks that SHE made any kind of uproar here, what she doesn't Chap is that she just shows how unsmart she is... she doesn't understand the thread to begin with and I don't think anyone out of the whole thread cares about posting things on ddf (they maybe do care, since it later goes on the main site),

Of course bring us deals you know, we ARE deal savvy and will try to make the most out of them, BUT for your and our sake think before if by posting it you might damage it for yourself (not sure if you're even driving a car...)

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2014, 10:03:25 AM »
This so called OP thinks that SHE made any kind of uproar here, what she doesn't Chap is that she just shows how unsmart she is... she doesn't understand the thread to begin with and I don't think anyone out of the whole thread cares about posting things on ddf (they maybe do care, since it later goes on the main site),

Of course bring us deals you know, we ARE deal savvy and will try to make the most out of them, BUT for your and our sake think before if by posting it you might damage it for yourself (not sure if you're even driving a car...)
Your offensive language is unacceptable.
Much worse than killing the best deal in the world.
Shame on you. Shame on you.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline SearchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2014, 10:18:32 AM »
Oh I'm sorry for that, it was a  few minutes after I woke up and my head wasn't fully in place, next time will try make it sound better, I'm really sorry for hurting anyone if I did

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2014, 10:23:39 AM »
Oh I'm sorry for that, it was a  few minutes after I woke up and my head wasn't fully in place, next time will try make it sound better, I'm really sorry for hurting anyone if I did
delete your post
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2014, 10:29:15 AM »
Geez you're posting a few minutes after you wake up? And in JS?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2014, 10:29:54 AM »
Geez you're posting a few minutes after you wake up? And in JS?
That would probably be the first place I would post if I just awoke.

Offline lfas25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2014, 10:43:12 AM »
That would probably be the first place I would post if I just awoke.

Post? Post what?
What's awake?  ???
I only paid 15% by switching to dansdeals

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2014, 12:23:24 PM »
delete your post
This coming from a guy that talks about raping members amoung other things.  ::) ::) ::)