Author Topic: Weekend Trip to Milan, Italy - Short and Sweet  (Read 15575 times)

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Trip to Milan, Italy - Short and Sweet
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 05:49:55 PM »
Nice TR! Great pix!

Offline HP58

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »
Nice TR! Planning on hitting up Milan in the summer so these TRs are a big help!

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 07:18:46 PM »
Nice TR! Planning on hitting up Milan in the summer so these TRs are a big help!
Beware that the city is closed in August
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline HP58

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 07:22:42 PM »
Beware that the city is closed in August
Whaddya mean the city is closed?!

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 07:39:41 PM »
Whaddya mean the city is closed?!

Most places aren't open in August.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline HP58

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »
Most places aren't open in August.
Ahah :( .

Offline chucksterace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 01:08:36 AM »
For some reason my original post lost the images. fixing them here

Milan Trip Report
Feb 7–9, 2014

Well once again, here goes nothing.

Unlike all you special folks, I have to spend only around $133 to get to Milan. Traveling from TLV my ticket was a $300 special with EL AL, but thanks to a $250 voucher from Orbitz, I paid a lowly $50 for a round-trip ticket, with the return on EL AL’s new Boeing 737-900. A nice upgrade from any other aircraft they had. Plus, somehow EL AL managed to block off the two seats next to me so I had a whole row  8). I met my mom there for the weekend who used the Wideroe fare to come.

I landed in MXP at 10am and that started off a long day especially only after sleeping three hours the night before. After landing I took the Malpensa Express to Cadorna station and then a quick taxi over to the Park Hyatt. Check-in was smooth and got upgraded to a deluxe twin room. The hotel is in an amazing location. Besides for being around all the main streets, it is also within walking distance to the Great Synagogue and the Chabad.

The hotel is only five or six floor high so no matter where your room is you won’t have a problem using stairs to your floor. To get into the hotel on Shabbos, they have a manual door to the left of the main door that you can use. The hotel has no problem letting you use the stairs to go up or down to your floor but you will still need someone to meet you by your door to open it unless you leave it taped open. There is a Mini-Bar in the room, but just ask them and they will come to remove the items from inside and empty it out.

After freshening up in the hotel we went to the Galleria, which is about 10 steps away from the hotel. I must say, leave your wallets in the hotel room safe, you will be much happier.  We walked around there, the Duomo Square, and the area before we headed back to the hotel for Shabbat.

Friday night we went to the Great Synagogue, about a 20-minute walk. After, we had a small meal in our room. Shabbat morning we went to Chabad, unfortunately they didn’t get a Minyan, but had lunch there after. Shabbat afternoon, we took a stroll down Via Montenapoleone, I must say, once again, happy it was Shabbat and didn’t have my wallet ;)

Saturday night we ended up going to Denzel restaurant. Got the Messi Meat and the Denzel Burger. Both were very good and tasty.

On Sunday we took a trip up to Lake Como. The train took about 40 minutes each way. Besides for walking around, you can take a boat tour or a train type lift up a mountain. We ended up going for the boat ride, which wasn’t bad and had some great views. At night we went out to Re Salomone, which is fancy and very good. We got the Lahmajain, Primavera, Home Made Mean Ravioli, and the Chicken Mix with Salad. For dessert, we decided to try the Tatin Cake. Might sound like a lot but wasn’t that much.

To end this weekend I dropped my mom off at the Sheraton in MXP airport for her United flight the next morning. For an airport hotel, it is very nice and convenient. IMO, definitely not worth spending the last night at the Park Hyatt if you have an early morning flight.

In MXP they had on the floor tiles a statement that has a great feeling.

"tutti i passi che ho fatto nella mia vita mi hanno portato qui, ora" = "every step I have taken in my life has led me here, now"

Hotel Entrance:

Hotel Lobby:

Galleria:

Via Dante:

King Victor Emmanuel II of Italy:

Train Station:

Lake Como:

Lake Como:

Random Hands Statue:

Random Extra Large Foosball Table:

Now a thanks statement: Thank you Wideroe for making this Weekend possible. It was fun and exciting and couldn’t have done it without your price fenzy. Thank you again.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.