Author Topic: What happens to AMEX pending points if card cancelled?  (Read 8939 times)

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: What happens to AMEX pending points if card cancelled?
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2016, 01:50:48 PM »
so y dont  u post the answer to his question ?

I don't have experience with pending bonus points, but with pending spend points, you do not loose them when canceling a card.

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2016, 09:48:25 AM »
Similar but slightly different question than OP.
I just hit the spend for Plat biz, but the 60 days from AF is in 4 days. The bonus pts will post as soon as they're given. But Amex is taking their time these days.
Can I downgrade to gold and still get the bonus?
TIA

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2016, 11:00:33 AM »
I've been successful getting AMEX to expedite the pending 100K+ pending bonus points. But I think mine were pending longer than yours has been. I did it via chat.

Offline wiivile

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2016, 11:25:43 AM »
I've been successful getting AMEX to expedite the pending 100K+ pending bonus points. But I think mine were pending longer than yours has been. I did it via chat.

How do you get a Membership Rewards representative via chat? I've been told that only Membership Rewards representatives (not general card services reps) can expedite points. If I can get the points expedited, I will just cancel the card as soon as they do it and get a full refund of the AF. I've already paid the AF so as to increase my chances of getting them to expedite making the pending points available.

Offline DaveInLA

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2016, 12:36:02 PM »

How do you get a Membership Rewards representative via chat? I've been told that only Membership Rewards representatives (not general card services reps) can expedite points. If I can get the points expedited, I will just cancel the card as soon as they do it and get a full refund of the AF. I've already paid the AF so as to increase my chances of getting them to expedite making the pending points available.

I just did online chat with regular agent. I don't remember if he contacted a MR agent.

Online joeberg

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2016, 09:51:30 PM »
You chat from the MR site.