Topic Wiki

Evolve Money – Online billpay service

Pay bills from Evolve’s list of payees, including mortgage, utilities, insurance and “store” credit card, e.g., Macy’s, Gap, Walmart (but NOT regular credit cards or store co-branded CC, like a Walmart Discover or BR Visa).

If a particular biller is not listed, you can try emailing Evolve to add it. They seem to respond quite quickly to inquiries, and they will ask you to send a copy of your bill. Some people have had success in seeing their billers added. The billers need to agree to be a part of some kind of Mastercard processing consortium, which may or may not work for you billers.

Daily dollar limits include:

$2,999.00 in payments, of which up to $999.00 may be funded by cash load packs
Individual bill pay dollar limits include:

$2,999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
$999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack
Note: You cannot make more than $10,000 worth of payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs.

Monthly payment limits include:

4 payments per month per biller account number using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
Unlimited number of payments per month per biller account number using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.

Check with your bank whether they accept partial payments and payments made over a couple of days. (Paying over weekend might arrive on same day.) You will also want to be in touch with your bank the first month you do this to make sure that the payments don't automatically apply to principal, or that your automatic payment (if you have one) doesn't ALSO get taken out. Don't assume that your bank will handle everything perfectly without your involvement, and - especially the first month - make sure you have all payments in with a few days to spare at least so that they can sort it out without also having to worry that the payment will be late.

You can pay bills for no fee with REloadIt packs that can be purchased, Evolve Money credits and with a debit card from "major banks". There are reports that US Bank issued MGCs work fee free as well. Each card counts as one payment toward the four payment limit.

For a 3% fee you can pay with a Visa, MC and Discover CCs.

In the past there was a glitch and certain CCs did work. But after this was publicized, the glitch was closed. 

How
Add new bill.
Then pay with a ReLoadit packs, debit, prepaid(?) or Gift Card(?).

« Last edited by hvaces42 on March 11, 2015, 05:24:11 PM »

Author Topic: Evolve Money - Another opportunity  (Read 263631 times)

Offline Aerial Dag

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Evolve Money - Another opportunity
« Reply #1400 on: March 12, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »
When the glitch was still alive in February I sent a few payments to Chubb Insurance thinking that they would refund the money back to me but it didn't really work out that way. I just got notified today by Evolve that Chubb returned the money to THEM. Evolve says they're going to refund the money but I used a VGC to fund the transaction. I'm hoping for the best here.

Offline IsraelGuy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 12, 2015, 04:10:51 PM »
For the old method (yes I know, 3% now) did this only work with Gap/banana store cards, or could you do the same with other ccs?

Offline Tom Brady

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Ritz Platinum
« Reply #1402 on: March 12, 2015, 04:15:11 PM »
For the old method (yes I know, 3% now) did this only work with Gap/banana store cards, or could you do the same with other ccs?
No regular CC's just most store cards.

Offline IsraelGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 12, 2015, 04:25:41 PM »
No regular CC's just most store cards.

So I'd have to waste a pull on a store credit card? Hmmm

Offline Tom Brady

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Ritz Platinum
« Reply #1404 on: March 12, 2015, 04:31:27 PM »
So I'd have to waste a pull on a store credit card? Hmmm
Not worth it anyways at 3%. If you are getting a store card though, at least don't waste a pull on a bureau that's big by you.

Offline mark100

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 12, 2015, 07:40:07 PM »
Can someone please explained what Dan talked about at the seminar last motz shabbos about how he pays a Gap card with evolve and gets a check back? Can someone go through the process quickly? He also mentioned that if you schedule the payment, it is still free. Is that still relevant?

Thanks so much.

Are you saying the there is a 3% fee only for payment done right away not for "scheduled" payments?

Offline Aerial Dag

• View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 12, 2015, 07:50:39 PM »
Are you saying the there is a 3% fee only for payment done right away not for "scheduled" payments?

You still get charged a fee.

Offline MoGro17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 12, 2015, 07:50:59 PM »
Done

First time i took a shot at editing a Wiki, so would appreciate feedback.

Looks great. Thanks for taking the time.

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 13, 2015, 12:23:53 AM »
it's already dead but what he did was pay his gap bill with evolve even if there is no balance just keep paying and then ask for a check for the balance credit
Just thinking aloud, I'd guess that the store gains by this as they still get to hold onto money for a few days. I'd take free 5 figure loans from each ddf-er, even if it's just for a few days each...

Offline bukin86

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 13, 2015, 06:29:44 AM »
So essentially Evolve is now absolutely completely useless??? It costs 3% to pay anything... right?

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: March 13, 2015, 06:52:35 AM »
So essentially Evolve is now absolutely completely useless??? It costs 3% to pay anything... right?
If it was completely useless it would have shut down, completely useless to you is something else.
Also the reason why some things aren't relevant anymore is simply because people are told not to repeat specific things in public forums and disregard that

Offline bukin86

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 13, 2015, 07:35:49 AM »
completely useless to people on this forum trying to use it to get points/miles for free....

I doubt the point of this thread was how to use evolve and pay them the most money possible to pay your bills

Offline bukin86

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 13, 2015, 07:36:23 AM »
Also the reason why some things aren't relevant anymore is simply because people are told not to repeat specific things in public forums and disregard that

that is a separate issue... sad!

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 13, 2015, 07:40:20 AM »
You do realize I was referring to you?

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 13, 2015, 07:44:29 AM »
Being one of those people who have been told, i ask, who died and left you in charge? DDF is for people who seek ways to maximize points, miles, CB etc. If everything is kept under wraps how do people learn? Instead you end up with endless threads that contain stupid, repetitive questions. So whats sad about saying stuff in public? If something is gonna die it will die. This whole secret DDF within DDF is selfish at best.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline WAM

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 13, 2015, 08:44:13 AM »
Being one of those people who have been told, i ask, who died and left you in charge? DDF is for people who seek ways to maximize points, miles, CB etc. If everything is kept under wraps how do people learn? Instead you end up with endless threads that contain stupid, repetitive questions. So whats sad about saying stuff in public? If something is gonna die it will die. This whole secret DDF within DDF is selfish at best.
I disagree. If something will last a long time if not shared, but will die within a month if shared publicly, why share it?

Offline Aerial Dag

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 13, 2015, 09:32:28 AM »

The things that are typically discussed on DDF and other forums are publicly advertised products that are meant for general consumption. True, some of those products eventually die in some form or another, but they typically last for a long time. I think that members of the community benefit from public discussion because we can talk about what works and what doesn't work. The longer life of these products lends itself to this type of discussion. This differs from things that DDF members like to keep secret which are usually places to buy certain products or other methods that, if exposed publicly, would meet a swift death.
People just use their judgement about what should be public and what shouldn't. Sometimes people are very open and expose secrets. Other times people just drop hints about things. And other times people are just complete quiet. Don't be mad that people won't spoon feed you every piece of information. Instead, use that as a hint that there are working methods out there and use it to motivate you to figure them out for yourself.

Offline Aerial Dag

• View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 13, 2015, 09:33:58 AM »

As others have said, it might be completely useless to you, but not to everyone. For instance, evolve is still free when using reloadits.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:45:23 AM by Aerial Dag »

Offline dealfinder85

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 13, 2015, 09:36:10 AM »
as "selfish" as it may be, i cant argue with someone who, lets say, comes up with a way to MS unlimited miles. if he goes public, it will be killed at some point. so why should he announce it and jeopardize his method?
yes, i would like to be let in on the secret, but i cant be mad at him for not sharing

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 19, 2015, 04:29:36 PM »
Looks like evolve has closed all legitimate uses except for lucky few who can find reloadit cards

Dear Evolve Money Customer,
Last month Evolve Money implemented a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee. The Bill Pay Fee has been waived in certain circumstances, as described below, but it specifically applies to gift card payments.
We have recently identified the following three gift cards that were erroneously exempted from the 3 percent Bill Pay Fee.
Bank Identification Number (BIN)
You are receiving this notice because you have used one of these cards since Jan. 1, 2015 without being charged the 3 percent Bill Pay Fee. To verify your card against this list, look at the first six digits of your card number compared to the above BIN numbers. If the numbers match, beginning Mar. 19, 2015 you will incur the 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on transactions funded by these cards.
All previously scheduled payments or processed payments will remain unaffected.
As a reminder the new Bill Pay Fee has been waived for most major debit cards, cash load packs and Evolve Money credits. You can continue to use these payment methods, as well as cash, without incurring any fees.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support at support@evolvemoney.com. As always, thanks for your continued support of Evolve Money.
The Evolve Money team