Author Topic: Verizon Yahoo Mail vs Reg Yahoo Mail?  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Verizon Yahoo Mail vs Reg Yahoo Mail?
« on: February 12, 2014, 01:32:26 AM »
What's the difference if your Yahoo mail is linked up to your Verizon Dsl, or kept separate? Is it better to be linked or not?

For the last few weeks I've been having an issue on my Verizon yahoo mail account, where when I try to search my emails it only brings up search results from the last few weeks, and not all results from all the years my yahoo account is open. When I called yahoo, they told me that since my account is linked to Verizon, they can't assist me :o . I told them that its my yahoo mail account, but they said I must call Verizon.

Has anyone had this yahoo search issue?
Is it better to be linked to Verizon or not?

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
Re: Verizon Yahoo Mail vs Reg Yahoo Mail?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:53:45 AM »
Anyone here have Verizon yahoo mail?

Offline thegoodguy23

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 11:09:50 PM »
Anyone here have Verizon yahoo mail?

Have you tried to import your emails to Gmail and check if you are able to get all the emails.
I think, that Verizon is blocking your historical emails. How long have you had this account linked for?

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 03:34:06 AM »
Have you tried to import your emails to Gmail and check if you are able to get all the emails.
I think, that Verizon is blocking your historical emails. How long have you had this account linked for?
Even without importing to gmail, all my emails are still there if I keep on scrolling down, so nothing is in fact being blocked. My issue is with the SEARCH option, as it won't bring up anything prior to the last week of January.
(My account has been linked to Verizon since 2008, this issue has only cropped up the last few weeks.)

Offline katherine123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 12:26:25 PM »
Even without importing to gmail, all my emails are still there if I keep on scrolling down, so nothing is in fact being blocked. My issue is with the SEARCH option, as it won't bring up anything prior to the last week of January.
(My account has been linked to Verizon since 2008, this issue has only cropped up the last few weeks.)

My Yahoo account isn't linked to Verizon and I had the same problem recently. I emailed Yahoo about it and they said they fixed the problem. Sometimes the search works properly, sometimes not, but I don't think there's any connection to Verizon and they're not correct in telling you that.