Author Topic: Miles & Free companion pass to burn. Where to start?  (Read 1200 times)

Offline blue eyes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Miles & Free companion pass to burn. Where to start?
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:30:10 AM »
I have almost a full year to fly southwest now with a  free companion and 110K miles to burn. I basically want to do once or twice a weekend trip per quarter excluding a one week in the summer and one week next winter. I don't want to do anything that's driving distance from NY up to 4 hours driving.

I want summer and winter locations.. and places you wouldnt think of as a typical jewish vacation spot. preferably scenic or iconic places. southwest basically flies everywhere  except for Hawaii :( and some others   so where to start?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:46:51 AM by blue eyes »

Offline blue eyes

• View Profile
Re: Miles & Free companion pass to burn. Where to start?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 03:39:48 PM »
bump...

Offline george

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 04:11:08 PM »
Your thread title and post are confusing. You basically want vacation ideas, with the condition that southwest flies there from NY. The fact that you have a companion pass and miles is great news for you and your companion, but it has nothing to do with the purpose of this new thread you started.
Perhaps you can find an appropriate existing thread and post there that you would like suggestions for vacation destinations that southwest services from  NY.
Here's my first suggestion: check on southwest.com and see where they fly to from NY. The list of cities that you'll see may give you some ideas.

Offline blue eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 08:48:43 PM »
Your thread title and post are confusing. You basically want vacation ideas, with the condition that southwest flies there from NY. The fact that you have a companion pass and miles is great news for you and your companion, but it has nothing to do with the purpose of this new thread you started.

its precisely the reason i started this thread. Im looking for vacation ideas based on these conditions

Im sure im not the only one that has gone through this.  maybe ppl that did fly southwest to weird interesting places in the US ( with minyan/ kosher food ) and have already done all that homework can give me some ideas and first hand experience

yes I've checked the upcoming trip destination thread and have gotten some ideas
yes i know where southwest fly to - ( Ive seen their route map)
yes I know how to use Google

Perhaps you can find an appropriate existing thread and post there that you would like suggestions for vacation destinations that southwest services from  NY.
Here's my first suggestion: check on southwest.com and see where they fly to from NY. The list of cities that you'll see may give you some ideas.

no i haven't really seen any threads that i felt this question was appropriate for ( it doesn't quite fall under upcoming vacations...) however, if there is one, pls suggest and would be more than glad to post it there