Author Topic: Pickup Luggage at JFK? If flight starts elsewhere?  (Read 1099 times)

Offline yada

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Pickup Luggage at JFK? If flight starts elsewhere?
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »
I'm flying to Israel in a few weeks on a 'hidden city' ticket.  But I don't live near that city so I need to fly there and pay for  and check 1 piece of luggage to just fly it right back to JFk.  Can someone meet me at JFK and can I check it in there? 

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Pickup Luggage at JFK? If flight starts elsewhere?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 03:48:57 PM »
You should be able to. Was discussed recently, don't remember where.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline shmuelb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 03:52:53 PM »
I have done similar, flew domestic into JFK, checked in a few extra boxes there, landed in TLV, checked in, drove home and left some boxes, turned right back to the airport and just made the flights on to SVO.

On the plane at the gate in JFK waiting to leave, they called me on loudspeaker and asked me to come forward with docs. I was very concerned that they realized how many total pcs I had. Some security guys marched me down stairs to the tarmac under the nose of the plane and asked me to confirm that those boxes were mine. I did and that was all.
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline yada

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 05:56:39 PM »
I have done similar, flew domestic into JFK, checked in a few extra boxes there, landed in TLV, checked in, drove home and left some boxes, turned right back to the airport and just made the flights on to SVO.

On the plane at the gate in JFK waiting to leave, they called me on loudspeaker and asked me to come forward with docs. I was very concerned that they realized how many total pcs I had. Some security guys marched me down stairs to the tarmac under the nose of the plane and asked me to confirm that those boxes were mine. I did and that was all.

Oh wow that sounds like quite a trip!  Thanks for the info.  It would be only 1 suitcase here, so I hope they won't march me to the tarmac :)  Going to risk it.

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 10:49:52 PM »
I'm flying to Israel in a few weeks on a 'hidden city' ticket.  But I don't live near that city so I need to fly there and pay for  and check 1 piece of luggage to just fly it right back to JFk.  Can someone meet me at JFK and can I check it in there?
not only that but, twice, i've gotten away checking in double my allowance