Author Topic: Help!!! AA charging me $750 fee to cancel refundable ticket....  (Read 13600 times)

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Help!!! AA charging me $750 fee to cancel refundable ticket....
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »
Maybe I will just go to small claims..."Refundable" is misleading...
Anyway, no penalties listed there.
  sounds like you have dans haskama

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2014, 05:51:38 PM »
   sounds like you have dans haskama
-100 unless CV magically posted yomo's fare rules.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2014, 05:55:31 PM »
Anyway, no penalties listed there.
Thanks.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2014, 06:03:39 PM »
-100 unless CV magically posted yomo's fare rules.
granted but I meant is he has the same fare rules

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »
A more normal version:  :P
penalty - changes/cancellations changes/cancellations permitted. note - -tickets must be reissued for all voluntary changes. -changes resulting in a higher fare must be add collected. -if the change results in a lower fare the difference may be refunded to the original form of payment without penalty. -certain domestic reissue provisions may be overridden by those of aa international fares. -full refund will be made of wholly unused refundable fare tickets. -for partially used tickets/ the refund will be the amount paid minus the normal one-way fare applicable to the transportation used. --- i. prior to departure of the journey - changes to the originating flight on the ticket - cancel and start over. 1.the entire ticket must be repriced with fares in effect on the date of new ticket issuance. 2.use any fare allowed by combination and reissue rules. 3.all provisions of the new fare i.e. adv rsvn/ min/max stay/inventory etc must be met. 4.advance reservation requirements are measured from the reissue date to the departure of the pricing unit. 5.any difference in fares must be collected. if the reprice results in a lower fare/the difference in fares will be returned to the original form of payment. --- ii. prior to departure of the journey - changes to continuing/return flights when there is no change to origin/destination or stopovers. the following options are available and the lowest solution will apply. --- a. attempt to keep the same fares as ticketed. reprice the itinerary using the same fare basis code/same fare level/ same rules as ticketed/ that is/ those in effect at the time the original ticket was sold. 1.no change is permitted to stopover/ the first fare component or fare breaks. 2.the ticketed fare basis code/ same rule must be used as the replacement fare for the revised fare component on the new ticket. 3.new fare must be equal to the previous fare. compare base fare values for the revised fare component to that of the ticketed fare component. 4.all rule/booking code provisions must be met. 5.flight specific fares must remain within the times specified for that fare. 6.advance reservation requirements are measured from the reissue date to departure of pricing unit. --- b. cancel and start over. reprice the entire itinerary using fares in effect on the date of new ticket issuance. 1.use any fare allowed by combination and reissue rules. 2.advance reservation requirements are measured from reissue date to departure of the pricing unit. 3.any difference in fares must be collected. if the reprice results in a lower fare/ the difference in fares will be returned to the original form of payment. --- c. reprice the itinerary using the same fare basis codes and rules as those in effect on the date of original ticket issuance for unchanged fare components and using fares in effect on the date of new ticket issuance for all changed fare components. 1. no change to 1st fare component/fare breaks up to the first changed fare component. 2. the ticketed same fare must be used on the first fare component. 3. use any fares allowed by combination and reissue rules. 4. all rule and booking code provisions must be met. 5. advance reservation requirements are measured from reissue date to departure of pricing unit. 6. any difference in fares must be collected. if the reprice results in a lower fare/the difference in fares will be returned to the original form of payment. --- iii. prior to departure of the journey- changes to the continuing/return flights when there is a change to origin/destination or stopovers. --- a. cancel and start over. reprice the entire itinerary using fares in effect on the date of new ticket issuance. 1. use any fare allowed by combination and reissue rules. 2. advance reservation requirements are measured from reissue date to departure of the pricing unit. 3. any difference in fares must be collected. if the reprice results in a lower fare/ the difference in fares will be returned to the original form of payment. --- iv. after departure of the journey - when there is no change to origin/destination or stopovers. the following options are available and the lowest solution will apply. --- a. attempt to keep the same fares as ticketed. reprice the itinerary using the same fare basis code/same fare level/same rules as ticketed/that is/those in effect at the time the original ticket was sold. 1. no change is permitted to stopover/the first fare component or fare breaks. 2. the ticketed one way fare basis code/same rule must be used as the replacement fare for the revised fare component on the new ticket. 3. new fare must be equal to the previous fare. compare base fare values for the revised fare component to that of the ticketed fare component. 4. all rule/booking code provisions must be met 5. flight specific fares must remain withinthe times specified for that fare. 6. advance ' reservation requirements are measured from the reissue date to departure of pricing unit. --- b. reprice the itinerary using the same fare basis codes and rules as those in effect on the date of original ticket issuance for unchanged fare components and using fares in effect on the date of new ticket issuance for all changed fare components. 1. no change to 1st fare component/fare breaks up to the first changed fare component. 2. the ticketed same fare must be used on the first fare component. 3. fully flown one-way fare must not be priced as a half roundtrip. 4. use any one-way fare allowed by combination and reissue rules. 5. all rule and booking code provisions must be met. 6. advance reservation requirements are measured from reissue date to departure of the pricing unit. 7. any difference in fares must be collected. if the reprice results in a lower fare/the difference in fares will be returned to the original form of payment. --- c. reprice the itinerary using historical one way fares from the previous ticket issue date for flown fare components in an equal or higher booking class. use fares in effect on the date of new ticket issuance for all unflown components 1. fare breaks for the flown fare components may not be changed. 2. use booking class hierarchy when replacing fares for the flown fare components. the hierarchy is economy class - y b h k m l w v g s n q o business class - j d i c first class - f a p 3. use any one-way fares allowed by combination and reissue rules. 4. all rule and booking code provisions of the new fares must be met. 5. advance reservation requirements are measured from the reissue date to departure of the pricing unit. 6. compare the total from the original ticket to the new total of the flown and unflown fare components. 7. any difference in fares must be collected. if the reprice results in a lower fare/ the difference in fares will be returned to the original form of payment. --- v. after departure of the journey - changes to continuing/return flights when there is a change to origin/destination or stopovers. --- a. reprice the itinerary using historical one way fares from the previous ticket issue date for flown fare components in an equal or higher booking class. use fares in effect on the date of new ticket issuance for all unflown components. 1. fare breaks for the flown fare components may not be changed. 2. use booking class hierarchy when replacing fares for flown fare components. the hierarchy is economy class - y b h k m l w v g s n q o business class - j d i c first class - f a p 3. use any one-way fares allowed by combination and reissue rules. 4. all rule and booking code provisions of the new fares must be met. 5. advance reservation requirements are measured from the reissue date to departure of the pricing unit. 6. compare the total from the original ticket to the new total of the flown and unflown fare components. 7. any difference in fares must be collected. if the reprice results in a lower fare/ the difference in fares will be returned to the original form of payment

Offline dirah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2014, 06:40:43 PM »
Boredom at its finest :P

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2014, 06:47:11 PM »
Thanks, I can now stop retyping the whole thing.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2014, 06:55:07 PM »
Thanks, I can now stop retyping the whole thing.
I was wondering why the mail was moving slowly as of late.
Silly mailman tried to blame it on the weather.... yeah, right!

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2014, 10:19:34 PM »
Gesundheit.
ALOL!!!!
To the point....
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2014, 12:39:45 AM »
Try to call the line for website/internet assistance.

Worked like a charm for me.

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2014, 12:56:59 AM »
By the way, there is an elephant in the room here. Someone has to say it.

OP wants to cancel refundable AA tickets? Why? Sudden change of plans? Or to meet the Citi Exec card 10k spend.

Maybe just swallow your loss, bro.

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2014, 02:32:18 AM »
By the way, there is an elephant in the room here. Someone has to say it.

OP wants to cancel refundable AA tickets? Why? Sudden change of plans? Or to meet the Citi Exec card 10k spend.

Maybe just swallow your loss, bro.
Wow we have a genius in the room ;)

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2014, 02:33:41 AM »
Try to call the line for website/internet assistance.

Worked like a charm for me.
Thanks, They were able to give you a full refund?

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2014, 02:55:57 AM »
I was wondering why the mail was moving slowly as of late.
Silly mailman tried to blame it on the weather.... yeah, right!
Belongs here: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=344.msg737816#msg737816
My favorite cause: cssy.org