Author Topic: Upgrade Error?  (Read 930 times)

Offline avadah

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Upgrade Error?
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:54:22 AM »
I'm going away for a few days and wanted to stay in a suite so I can put my baby in a separate room. I sent an email to the GM of the hotel asking if he can upgrade me to a suite on a points stay. He passed it on to his assistant who said I would be upgraded to a suite(this was all done via email so I have documentation). I sent her my confirmation number and when I checked my reservation I see she upgraded me to an executive guest room, not a suite. I called the hotel and they confirmed there's a note on the reservation to put me in that room but not a suite.  Wanting to be polite and not point out her error, I sent her an email asking if she received my confirmation number because I see I'm booked into a guest room to which she replied that she received it and will ensure me in a nice room. To me it seems that she's backtracking on the suite. I transferred points specifically for a suite (and I let her know it) and have confirmation that I would receive one.

What should I do now? Should I email her or is it better to call? Should I contact the GM? Do you think they will honor it since I have email confirmation or to upgrade me to a $2000 a night suite on a points stay is just too crazy?  I locked my points into this transfer so I really need this to work out!

TIA

Offline bluiemonster1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade Error?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:49:32 AM »
You are always better calling.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:27:26 PM »
I'm going away for a few days and wanted to stay in a suite so I can put my baby in a separate room. I sent an email to the GM of the hotel asking if he can upgrade me to a suite on a points stay. He passed it on to his assistant who said I would be upgraded to a suite(this was all done via email so I have documentation). I sent her my confirmation number and when I checked my reservation I see she upgraded me to an executive guest room, not a suite. I called the hotel and they confirmed there's a note on the reservation to put me in that room but not a suite.  Wanting to be polite and not point out her error, I sent her an email asking if she received my confirmation number because I see I'm booked into a guest room to which she replied that she received it and will ensure me in a nice room. To me it seems that she's backtracking on the suite. I transferred points specifically for a suite (and I let her know it) and have confirmation that I would receive one.

What should I do now? Should I email her or is it better to call? Should I contact the GM? Do you think they will honor it since I have email confirmation or to upgrade me to a $2000 a night suite on a points stay is just too crazy?  I locked my points into this transfer so I really need this to work out!

TIA
Would it be worth it to wait and show the person checking you in your emails?

Offline avadah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 02:25:24 PM »
Would it be worth it to wait and show the person checking you in your emails?
I don't like taking chances. I would like to have it confirmed before hand.

You are always better calling.
The assistant or the GM?