Author Topic: Copying from new itunes to old ipod  (Read 944 times)

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Copying from new itunes to old ipod
« on: February 23, 2014, 08:14:03 PM »
If someone knows where this may have been discussed, please tell me, but I haven't found it. I have two ipods. One has a number of playlists, etc. from my old iTunes on my old computer. My old computer went to computer heaven. I still have all my songs because it's on an external drive. So I put together a new desktop with new iTunes pointing to my songs. I created a few new playlists I want to ADD to my existing ipod. Can't get to first base. With my new ipod connected it gives me the choice to pick which playlists to sync to new ipod, which it's doing now fine. So what I need to do is get some new stuff added to my old ipod. I don't want to wipe out what's on it. I can't set up a sync of just new playlists that I choose. Doesn't let me like the new one does. Any help?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline popcorn1508

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: national executive elite, hertz presidents circle
Re: Copying from new itunes to old ipod
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 08:34:10 PM »
You should set up your iPod to manually manage music but by now it prob to late to do that so you will prob need a 3rd party program.
If you have the playlists/music saved on a hard drive what is the problem to wipe you old iPod?

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 09:15:45 PM »
You should set up your iPod to manually manage music but by now it prob to late to do that so you will prob need a 3rd party program.
If you have the playlists/music saved on a hard drive what is the problem to wipe you old iPod?
First, I do have it set to manually manage. But it gets grayed out. Second, to start from scratch is a very long process. I just want a few playlists added in. I may have to start from scratch though.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline popcorn1508

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 09:20:23 PM »
So drag the playlists to your iPod on the top right
(I never tried it but I'm assuming it should work like dragging music)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:28:01 PM by popcorn1508 »

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 09:25:48 PM »
So drag the playlists to your iPod don't the top right
(I never tried it but I'm assuming it should work like dragging music)
You're great! Thanks a million. I was used to the old iTunes where you saw everything in one column. Didn't realize when you drag a playlist to the right you just put it right on the ipod. Thanks again. You saved me many hours.

Offline popcorn1508

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 09:26:46 PM »
Not a problem, glad it worked for you