Author Topic: How to get from (Toronto) YYZ to TLV?  (Read 3110 times)

Offline justcurious

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Star Alliance Silver, SPG Gold,
How to get from (Toronto) YYZ to TLV?
« on: October 31, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
I am looking for some advice/info on how to get from Toronto to Tel Aviv using one of the below point options.

I currently have apx 195,000 aeroplan points and apx. 60,000 spg points.

I know there is a post dedicated on how to use starpoints to get to Israel, Does anyone know if that applies for flying out of Toronto as well?

Thanks in advance,
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 10:42:54 PM by justcurious »

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: How to get from (Toronto) YYZ to TLV?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 12:01:16 AM »
 since AC is a Member Partner of *A then you can use your AC pts to fly any combo of *A Carriers between YYZ & TLV, but you will have to call AC to book it

in order to do your Homework properly you should join ANAs program then do a search on here for how to navigate ANAs site to get the desired results, if any *A flights have Availability

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 12:08:28 AM »
I know there is a post dedicated on how to use starpoints to get to Israel, Does anyone know if that applies for flying out of Toronto as well?
Yes, it should be the same.

since AC is a Member Partner of *A then you can use your AC pts to fly any combo of *A Carriers between YYZ & TLV, but you will have to call AC to book it
AC is one of those airlines that charges different rates if you on them or on a Star Alliance carrier.

If you use Aeroplan miles to fly on AC to TLV you'll use 75k in coach or 115k in business, but they'll charge you big bucks in fuel surcharges.

If you use Aeroplan miles to fly on a Star Alliance carrier to TLV you'll use a whopping 105k in coach or 150k in business, but then you'll avoid fuel surcharges.

Either way TLV is just not a good use of Aeroplan miles.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 10:18:53 AM »
Yes, it should be the same.
AC is one of those airlines that charges different rates if you on them or on a Star Alliance carrier.

If you use Aeroplan miles to fly on AC to TLV you'll use 75k in coach or 115k in business, but they'll charge you big bucks in fuel surcharges.

If you use Aeroplan miles to fly on a Star Alliance carrier to TLV you'll use a whopping 105k in coach or 150k in business, but then you'll avoid fuel surcharges.

Either way TLV is just not a good use of Aeroplan miles.

Its a personal thing but I wouldnt fly DL NY-ATL-TLV because that will need less Miles then JFK-TLV, but then I dont ahve many Pesos left anyway

So as long as AC charges fees whats the difference where they fly to, I wouldnt want to use it for YYZ-US as I could always drive to BUF and get cheap flights or jump on the GreyHound (whatever the local name is) and take it to BUF if I wil be away for a # of days to avoid parking the car

I see AC like BA it wont be free but Id rather be in either Biz cabin then pay for a coach flight as TLV is never cheap EQM wise, not sure it pays to use teh miles for a free coach tkt as I dont thik there will be that great amount of savings over what a paid coach tkt will go for

In teh future if the AC miles were mainly gotten by flying Id have them credited to a different *A Carriers program

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 05:10:03 AM »

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 09:55:18 AM »

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 10:53:14 PM »
I have Chase UR or Marriott points. I understand they can be transferred to Qantas and used on El Al. But using UR seems like a better value, at 1.25 redemption (have CSP) comes to about 60k UR whereas it would be approx 75k Qantas at a 60k:25k transfer ratio for Marriott points . Any input? TIA!

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 10:08:34 AM »
I have Chase UR or Marriott points. I understand they can be transferred to Qantas and used on El Al. But using UR seems like a better value, at 1.25 redemption (have CSP) comes to about 60k UR whereas it would be approx 75k Qantas at a 60k:25k transfer ratio for Marriott points . Any input? TIA!
Definitely book through chase UR.