Author Topic: Red Cross Master Thread  (Read 3219 times)

Offline avrumy22

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Red Cross Master Thread
« on: February 24, 2014, 01:12:27 PM »
Anyone here a Red Cross Instructor?

I got an email from RC stating the following:

Complete the Water Safety Instructor Update now so you'll be ready to teach the new Swimming and Water Safety program when it's released this spring. It is also a requirement to maintain your certification.

To maintain your certification, you must complete this update prior to teaching new courses, but no later than September 30, 2014, which is also the last day that you may teach the basic-level courses in the current, 2009 version of the Swimming and Water Safety program. Once you complete the update, you will be recertified for two years.

The WSI update should take you only 2 hours, so be sure to get started now.

As a reminder, please report all of the courses you teach at redcross.org/courserecords. The enrollments you report help us to obtain grants for both adults and kids who otherwise couldn't afford swim lessons.

Best regards,

Your Red Cross Aquatics Team

Has anyone taken the class yet?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Red Cross Master Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »
I've been an water safety instructor and lifeguard instructor for 6 years.

They have these updates for both every 2 years or so.

What about it? I always pass without learning it.

See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »
I've been an water safety instructor and lifeguard instructor for 6 years.

They have these updates for both every 2 years or so.

What about it? I always pass without learning it.

I remember once doing it. I just run through the slides and yala? all done? (no test)?

Offline ahecht37

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 05:51:54 PM »
I used to be LTI I think it expired last year, I didn't have time to renew, with them all paperwork takes forever

Offline SL2

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 12:31:28 AM »
I got the same email. Their fees just keep on going up per student, with the flat rates that don't make sense for me. So I stopped giving the ARC the students names. I still have old cards that kids are fine with so I give those out. Wasn't sure what I was going to do this year but now this came along. So awesome can re certify without paying!  Just don't do it until Sept 30th to maximize your certification time. Last update I did right away and lost out a few months.:) Been doing this for 13 years!

Offline metsguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 12:35:18 AM »
Careful with this because certificates are now verifiable....

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 03:10:19 AM »
I got the same email. Their fees just keep on going up per student, with the flat rates that don't make sense for me. So I stopped giving the ARC the students names. I still have old cards that kids are fine with so I give those out. Wasn't sure what I was going to do this year but now this came along. So awesome can re certify without paying!  Just don't do it until Sept 30th to maximize your certification time. Last update I did right away and lost out a few months.:) Been doing this for 13 years!

This may work wen giving classes to 12 year olds. However for lifeguards and other rescuers, if a serious accident happens, they may verify if the cards of real. No?

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 09:58:49 PM »
Does anyone know what to do if I misspelled a name on a cert? I need it changed. Who can i contact? (their site is terrible with assistance.)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 10:03:33 PM »
I remember once doing it. I just run through the slides and yala? all done? (no test)?
There should be a test that you can take till you pass.
I used to be LTI I think it expired last year, I didn't have time to renew, with them all paperwork takes forever
All online now and takes maybe 2 minutes.
Nice! for sure I don't register all the kids I teach just the bare minimum to keep my cert active.
Careful with this because certificates are now verifiable....
He's talking about swim lessons, no once cares.
This may work wen giving classes to 12 year olds. However for lifeguards and other rescuers, if a serious accident happens, they may verify if the cards of real. No?
Yes. you need to be careful for lifeguard courses. Being an instructor brings HUGE responsibility even more than the massive responsibility that a lifeguard has.
Does anyone know what to do if I misspelled a name on a cert? I need it changed. Who can i contact? (their site is terrible with assistance.)
Who cares if it's misspelled? Anyway there's a number on the site to call for help, leave a message and they call you back I believe. I have my contact I've worked with for years, but I'm not giving her out :P
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 10:14:53 PM »
Didnt realize he was talkin about swimming lessons. Ye, I submit 6 kids a year.

Offline Jayy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 03:55:42 PM »
Does anyone know of any upcoming Lifeguard Instructor courses scheduled? I am looking to get certified by the end of June. Anyone know of people that can teach the course. I know people who are looking to take the course.

Thanks

Offline sammy n

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 03:57:53 PM »
Does anyone know of any upcoming Lifeguard Instructor courses scheduled? I am looking to get certified by the end of June. Anyone know of people that can teach the course. I know people who are looking to take the course.

Thanks
What city?

Offline Jayy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 04:00:10 PM »

Offline koplonko

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 02:54:32 AM »

Thanks

any update?

Offline 18seagate

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
    • brand name shoes for less
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »
Any LTI's around ?