Author Topic: United Regional Jet  (Read 2543 times)

Offline sezux

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
United Regional Jet
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:35:00 AM »
I booked a flight on United ORD-> LGA on an Airbus.  They canceled that flight and replaced it with one of their regional jets.  Does anyone know whether they deplane such flights on the ground or onto a jet bridge in lga?

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: United Regional Jet
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:11:40 AM »
 the couple of times I flew IAD-LGA we used a jetway @ LGA. but I imagine UA is set up for both ways

if it makes that much of a  difference to you as long as when you book your flights it wasnt a RJ then UA should allow for a No-Fee change to a flight flown by its mainline jets

Offline sezux

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »
@ Steve 2 Flying with kids in January.  Bundling them up to get off the plane is a real pain.  I did it once in JFK on Delta (Cheaper flight) but wasn't worth it.  Thanks

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »
@ Steve 2 Flying with kids in January.  Bundling them up to get off the plane is a real pain.  I did it once in JFK on Delta (Cheaper flight) but wasn't worth it.  Thanks

I should have posted I assume UA wouldnt charge as CO doesnt since when the flight was sold they sold it as a CO flight , once they switch to an RJ its no longer a CO flight but 1 of its puddle jumper parters and thusly why CO has to allow a person to even get a full refund if there isnt any mainline service any longer

I theerby assumed that it was a govt thing and why UA and the other Carriers would also have to follow suit and allow free changes, dont tell them due to having to possibly deboard onto the tarmac but that you dont fly on regional jets with your kids. Hopefully thats the only regional you will beon so they cant say but your 2nd flight is on the same type of ac

Offline sezux

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 02:13:36 PM »
It was originally United 0678 ORD-> LGA, and the flight doesn't exist anymore. Now it is United 7543. New Year's weekend, paid a mint for it.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 02:18:40 PM »
It was originally United 0678 ORD-> LGA, and the flight doesn't exist anymore. Now it is United 7543. New Year's weekend, paid a mint for it.
So call to have them put you on an earlier or later mainline plane.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 02:35:15 PM »

thats even better but before calling UA go see if you can get a it cheaper elsewhere as UA has to Refund you since they CXed the flight and you dont have to accept a credit but a Full Refund!

If it isnt cheaper then have then put you on whatever flight has the room and is OK by you, I believe if that means putting you onto say American then they would have to pay for any difference in the fare (not 100% sure of this they maybe able to simply refund you and you will have to purchase it, but I do believe they will have to accomadate you however they can, but they will try their best to get you to simply forget about the trip rather then have to pay another carrier) As a 1K they do things for us that they wont for others

Offline sezux

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 09:53:29 PM »
to complicate matters, being that I am flying New Year's weekend in and out of Chicago, I bought AMEX travel delay protection.  How will my coverage be affected if I change flights or airlines?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 10:26:52 PM »
to complicate matters, being that I am flying New Year's weekend in and out of Chicago, I bought AMEX travel delay protection.  How will my coverage be affected if I change flights or airlines?

actually that may be benificial , since the flight you purchased tkts for has been CXed if UA doesnt cough up the $$ then I think Amex has to. call them but dont give them the specifics and simply ask what if anything would the Ins cover under this  situation should it come to bear

Amex may have to purchase the tkt for you no matter the cost, this is simply a guess on my part as I never have purchased any Travel Ins, Id be broke with the amount of flights/trips I do a year

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 07:09:04 PM »
Id be broke with the amount of flights/trips I do a year

So theoretically you're self-insured.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline sezux

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 08:39:47 PM »
I don't think I am covered by AMEX, because it is only if the airline doesn't make alternative arrangements within two hours of the original flight.