Author Topic: HELP! Experian Help please  (Read 4083 times)

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
HELP! Experian Help please
« on: February 26, 2014, 01:45:04 PM »
I recently realized i have two major issues regarding my credit report.

1) i have a TD card i havent used in 4 yrs which was used a few months ago and have an outstanding late payment over 140 days due.

2) i have a card as an AU on my name since 02. I was 13 then. It too had alate payment a few months ago.

I already spoke to TU, and EQ i cannot for the life of me get thru to EX! I have signed up for the free CR's but they cant give me EX's. I tried paying for them as well on Experian.com and i finally get to the verification questions and they have no connection to me. I answered the questions and then i get the page that says my information can not be verified. (i have tried this a few diff times. I even tried going thru Targets free credit monitoring for a yr - also to no avail)

I need the number to Experian! Can someone please help me! 

Any other advice would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 01:52:01 PM by rots5 »
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
Re: HELP! Experian Help please
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »
...... Waiting for MB to go off on a angry spree bc we have another title with the word "HELP" in it.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 01:52:09 PM »
...... Waiting for MB to go off on a angry spree bc we have another title with the word "HELP" in it.

9 stars allows you to it.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 01:52:44 PM »
800-509-8495

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 02:02:24 PM »
I need to speak to a person! I dont need these phone numbers that are automated! I need to speak to someone in experian.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 02:11:53 PM »
I need to speak to a person! I dont need these phone numbers that are automated! I need to speak to someone in experian.
I was able to chat with someone after roaming around their site.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »
I was able to chat with someone after roaming around their site.
I just bought for 40$ another EQ 3 Bureau report. I need to file a dispute!

useless. it gives me my score for all three but it wont let me even dispute with EX unless i send in all the documentation.

Offline Hiding

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »
877 284 7942

Offline Hiding

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 02:33:43 PM »
I once helped someone fix their credit. They were authorized on multiple cards that were carrying large balances. I called up the bank that authorized the cards (chase amex) and told them I never authorized the card. They took it off no problem. Also, concerning the TD account, unless you have a real valid reason why the information is incorrect you should probably start with calling the bank.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »

I always get through to a person with that number.
Maybe because I have a report number?

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 02:37:45 PM »
I once helped someone fix their credit. They were authorized on multiple cards that were carrying large balances. I called up the bank that authorized the cards (chase amex) and told them I never authorized the card. They took it off no problem. Also, concerning the TD account, unless you have a real valid reason why the information is incorrect you should probably start with calling the bank.
Thank you for your response.

Spoke to TD already - they shut down the account immediately and we conferenced in with the fraud dept as well and we worked it out. BUT the issue is they said i have to call all 3 bureau's so dispute the charge and this way get my credit score back tot he way it originally is supposed to be at.

The cap1 issue is that they shut down the AU i am on, but they wont say whose card i am under. They did say that there was technically only one late payment on the card (and the card is 12 yrs old) They too said i have to personally call TU, EQ, and EX and dispute it manually, they wont take care of it. :(

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 02:51:18 PM »
I always get through to a person with that number.
Maybe because I have a report number?
That is the only reason why!

877 284 7942
THIS WORKED!! Thank you!

Spoke to two sep departments. I cant see my CR but they put in a dispute for me.

Offline Hiding

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 02:52:32 PM »
I don't really understand the story. If you concluded with td. That there was some fraud or some other reason why the information is inaccurate they should remove it themselves. I never dealt with them specifically but that's how the other banks worked ime. The problem with going through a dispute is that it'll take a month and even then, they will very possibly not agree with you even if the bank already said your right. Maybe there's a better department to speak to. Concerning crap1 they are the worst most stupid people to talk to. They have no access to anything other then the most basic info. You have to speak to a higher up to get anywhere. (All this is what my experience was at least) PM me if you want more info with crap1

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 02:56:26 PM »
I don't really understand the story. If you concluded with td. That there was some fraud or some other reason why the information is inaccurate they should remove it themselves. I never dealt with them specifically but that's how the other banks worked ime. The problem with going through a dispute is that it'll take a month and even then, they will very possibly not agree with you even if the bank already said your right. Maybe there's a better department to speak to. Concerning crap1 they are the worst most stupid people to talk to. They have no access to anything other then the most basic info. You have to speak to a higher up to get anywhere. (All this is what my experience was at least) PM me if you want more info with crap1
There are restrictions on my social with Ex. this is what she keeps telling me. I dont mind waiting. TD bank said since its past 90 days i have to call to get it removed my self.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 03:03:32 PM »
Ex, still wont verify my information. I need to send in litt mybris mila and a few other documents.

They said i still can file a dispute as long as i see the history on from the other bureau's reports.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 05:20:39 AM »
I truly need help please!

I had a fraudulent charge on one of my credit cards that i havent used in 3 yrs. I dont even have log in information on it. the payment (fraud) is over 120 days past due. (td bank) I called them up a few separate times and i closed my account and spoke to fraud 3 separate times! each time they said different things. the first time they said since its past 180 days they cannot deleate the history. the the second time they said they will delete all history and everything will be fine. Of course they lied bec i filed with experian, equifax and trans union disputes on that account.

I just got this back from experian. Can someone please give me advise what to do next? i will call experian again to fight it. Can someone also please just give me a number to a guy who will take this off my credit report.

>>> We have researched the credit account. Account # - XXXXXXXXXXX* The results are: There is no
historical account information currently on this account. This creditor has verified to OUR company that the balance is
being reported correctly. This creditor has verified to OUR company that the prior paying history is being reported
correctly. This creditor has verified to OUR company that the current status is being reported correctly. If you have
additional questions about this item please contact: TD Banknorth -TD Banknorth, 32 Chestnut St, Cards,
Lewiston, ME 04240-7765 Phone: (800) 462-3666

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 09:56:15 AM »
Make any progress rots?

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 10:02:26 AM »
Make any progress rots?
Funny you ask, I got a letter from experian two weeks later saying i owe TD bank money still and they verified it. (which is not true bec fraud said i was free to go) so i refiled the claim again, this this time i had received a letter from td saying that everything has been sorted out and im good to go. I got the same response from experian saying that they verified that with td that wtvr is written on my report now is accurate (of course i dont know if my report was recent;y updated)

About the identity issue, seems like somehow one of the banks got ahold of my name when i was much younger and put me on a siblings account (i was 11 it seems) and that sibling didn't pay there bill on time and only pays min balance. So they took me off retroactively i think. (i got a letter too from ex saying i won that case and that i wont be held responsible)

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 10:52:55 AM »
I am still at it with this issue... Those of you who know me has heard this a million times recently.

I NEED HELP!

I cant get a loan or a cc bec TD bank is litt screwing me. I keep filing disputes and acc to another ddfer its an automated system and basically experian sees that the account is in the green (good) now. They call TD and TD confirms, but that doesnt help bec experian needs to see that i was 180 days late bec of fraud and that i actually was refunded by TD.

Ive requested letters from TD but the letters are so vauge that experian cant fully take them as that i was frauded.....

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 12:02:34 PM »
I am still at it with this issue... Those of you who know me has heard this a million times recently.

I NEED HELP!

I cant get a loan or a cc bec TD bank is litt screwing me. I keep filing disputes and acc to another ddfer its an automated system and basically experian sees that the account is in the green (good) now. They call TD and TD confirms, but that doesnt help bec experian needs to see that i was 180 days late bec of fraud and that i actually was refunded by TD.

Ive requested letters from TD but the letters are so vauge that experian cant fully take them as that i was frauded.....
I would like to offer a suggestion that worked for me (but my problems were not as intense as yours). I became a member of Experian Credit Tracker ($1 trial membership - cancelable anytime at 877-284-7942 or 877-692-7434). I called them up with a dispute (same phone numbers), and as a member, they put me directly through to the Experian dispute dept live representative (although I had to wait on hold for a little while). I didn't need a report number because I was a member. Once I was on the phone with a live person, I was able to solve all my issues. (My experience with Experian taught me that their representatives are much more patient than Transunion's and they thoroughly went through my problems.) I hope it works for you as well as it worked for me.