Author Topic: SA voyager deal  (Read 625 times)

Offline SAtraveler

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
SA voyager deal
« on: March 04, 2016, 01:08:27 PM »
I don't know the full details of the deal or how to transfer miles into voyager, but there are 33,000 voyager miles round-trip tickets from NYC to Johannesburg, South Africa, I know tickets are still available around pesach but summer tickets are pretty much home

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Re: SA voyager deal
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 01:27:02 PM »
I don't know the full details of the deal or how to transfer miles into voyager, but there are 33,000 voyager miles round-trip tickets from NYC to Johannesburg, South Africa, I know tickets are still available around pesach but summer tickets are pretty much home
I was looking into SA Voyager a while ago, due to various sweet spots and partners (even though I wouldn't use it, LY is a partner).

However, it seemed like there are no attractive ways for US based travelers to transfer into the program (some hotel points seem to transfer, but the value is very low), and given the very shaky financial standing of SA, the only way this might make sense is with an immediate redemption in mind.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan