Topic Wiki

To sign up:

Everyday: http://www.dansdeals.com/go/Everyday6/
Everyday preferred: http://www.dansdeals.com/go/EverydayPreferred6/

EveryDay Credit Card (No Annual Fee)
Sign-up bonus: 10,000 points when you spend $1,000 in 90 days
Earning: Earn 2x Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (not including warehouse stores like Costco), on up to $6,000 per year on purchases (then 1x); and 1x points on all other purchases.
Spending Bonus: Use the Card to make 20 or more purchases in a billing period and earn 20% extra points on all those purchases less returns and credits.
App: A digital counter in the Amex Mobile app helps keep track of each qualifying purchase for the bonus, so Card Members always know when they’re close to earning 20% extra Membership Rewards points.
Other features: The Card will also come with smart chip technology and a 0% introductory rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months.

EveryDay Preferred Credit Card ($95 annual fee)
Sign-up bonus: 15,000 points when you spend $1,000 in 90 days
Earning: Earn 3x Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (not including warehouse stores like Costco), on up to $6,000 per year on purchases (then 1x); 2x on US standalone gas stations; and 1x points on all other purchases.
Spending Bonus: Use the Card to make 30 or more purchases in a billing period and earn 50% extra points on all those purchases less returns and credits.
App: A digital counter in the Amex Mobile app helps keep track of each qualifying purchase for the bonus, so Card Members always know when they’re close to earning 50% extra Membership Rewards points.
Other features: The Card will also come with smart chip technology and a 0% introductory rate on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months.
Annual fee: $95
Links

How much did I spend so far on groceries?
Groceries is a sub-category of Merchandise and Supplies.
Display year to date and select graph and filter transactions.
Then click on Merchandise and Supplies and Groceries will be a sub-category.

Author Topic: 2 New Amex Cards: EveryDay Cards With 20-50% Bonuses, Full Membership Rewards  (Read 151813 times)

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Was anyone able to convert any card to these new cards?
i have tried multiple times for both me and the wife and shot down for both multiple times.

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Do you think you can get the AF version, hit the spend (more points) and then downgrade to the free one?

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
Just chatted the rep. Chat is so beautiful since you can save the record for proof. :)
Get an extra 5K MR on the free EveryDay Card! Apply for the Preferred, spend the $1K and get 15K MR. Downgrade to the free version within 30 days to get refunded the AF, and you can keep the 15K even though the standard version only comes with 10K.
Sure sounds like AMEX will claw it back, no?
Hopefully not if you have confirmation of all those details in a screenshot. :)

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
Just chatted the rep. Chat is so beautiful since you can save the record for proof. :)
Get an extra 5K MR on the free EveryDay Card! Apply for the Preferred, spend the $1K and get 15K MR. Downgrade to the free version within 30 days to get refunded the AF, and you can keep the 15K even though the standard version only comes with 10K.

Sure, just like they claw back all bonuses when you cancel within thirty days?

Offline churnbabychurn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Assuming no way to downgrade a plat charge card to these, right?

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
Assuming no way to downgrade a plat charge card to these, right?
I was reading somewhere (perhaps FT?) that you can't downgrade charge to credit.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
Sure, just like they claw back all bonuses when you cancel within thirty days?
I don't know what they do in those situations. Do they normally not claw back? I just figured in this case it would be so obvious that I opened it just to get the the extra 5K. I also didn't want to take a chance, so I got the screenshot.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
For quality assurance, this chat may be recorded and monitored. For your security, please click “END
CHAT X” to close this chat window before leaving your computer unattended or when chat is complete.
info: You are now chatting with Paul.
you: Hi
Paul: Hi!
you: I would like to downgrade my Delta card ending in 000 to the no annual fee new "everday card"
you: Can you please help with this?
Paul: Oh, the new Amex Everyday Card isn't available for product transfer as of now.
Paul: We thank you for the interest in the new Card though.
you: will it be available soon?
Paul: Yes, the new card will be available for product change soon but we'll have to see which Cards will be
eligible.
Paul: You could apply for the new Card instead.
you: can you confirm that the delta card would be eligible?
Paul: Any specific reason, you'd prefer product transfer?
you: YEs, to avoid the annual fee!
Paul: I see, you can apply for the new Card and the cancel Gold Delta SkyMiles Card.
Paul: This way you'd avoid the annual fee and earn promo bonus points with the new Card.
you: I understand but I would prefer not to apply for a new card if I can avoid that...
Paul: I see, in that case we'd recommend you to allow couple monts.
Paul: month's*
Paul: The new Card should be available for product transfer by then.
you: Ok thanks!
Paul: You're most welcome

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
Update: they won't downgrade the card within the first year. They also won't shift my CL when I request to close the card since it's within the first 13 months. They don't care that I have written proof that a rep told me otherwise.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Update: they won't downgrade the card within the first year. They also won't shift my CL when I request to close the card since it's within the first 13 months. They don't care that I have written proof that a rep told me otherwise.

So are you going to close, HUCA, or give up?

Oh, and re: your point that chat's awesome bc you can save records, you also can record phone convos. I often save my own record of calls I may wish to play back later on :)

Offline Adlebo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
From reading blogs online, these new everyday cards are Membership Rewards Classic Tier which means that you would be able to transfer to airline partners. When wanting to rid yourself of an annual fee, but not lose MR points, this card would be a much better option than a blue card which is just MR Express Tier which you can use just to "store" your points but not to transfer to airline partners etc. However I couldn't find anything in writing from Amex that this is actually the case. Also when I contacted Amex MR CS they told me that I need one of the  Amex charge cards that have an AF in order to transfer points. So what's the real truth? Can I, with this new everyday card, transfer to airline partners or not??

According to this it looks like you can transfer.

http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthewing/2014/03/01/two-huge-new-american-express-cards-going-public-sunday-night/

If so this card should really be pumped up as this the first no AF card with full MR priveliges!

(Update: I called back MR customer service and the rep admitted that the other rep was misinformed, and it is a full MR benefit card which allows transfers just like the AF charge cards.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:34:59 PM by Adlebo »

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
So are you going to close, HUCA, or give up?

Oh, and re: your point that chat's awesome bc you can save records, you also can record phone convos. I often save my own record of calls I may wish to play back later on :)
Never responded to this and now that I'm on the phone with them, I was going to especially after our convo last night.

They offered me 3000 to keep the card open and leave the AF as is. At 1.4, that's $42 and I paid $95. I said, no thank you. Waiting for the manager now.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
Manager wouldn't budge. Called corporate, who told me I could mail a complaint to them, which will get reviewed by the Chairman's office. (Maybe? Who knows.) Before I hung up, I asked to speak to the legal dept. I left a VM for someone letting them know I plan to go to Small Claims Court and quickly explained the situation. Maybe I'll get a call back...

Offline avrumy22

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Also tried a transfer from gold to everyday. No go. They wont let me shift CL. Bye bye gold....

Offline ranhan429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Yalla lets cut the "chase" here (no pun intended). We got us a no AF card that can store and transfer out MR or not?!? :D
כפרות על כפרה

Offline dsw193

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Offline frozy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Any reports on amex letting this card for conversion? Got an af coming in on Delta card

Offline stbaum

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
i have never dealt with any cc other than Chase so i want to know- is the everyday comparable to Freedom (ie; no AF)?
i got an offer for this yesterday and threw it out because I've recently opened too many new cards and don't want another hard pull as I'll be leasing a new car soon. Although i still want more info on this for later in the year...
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline shoppy810

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Which Card is more worth it...the Blue Cash EveryDay or the Amex EveryDay Card?

Offline Alexsei

• View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
Did anyone try ap x 30 ?
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ