Author Topic: My Harvest America $300 for only $255 per month  (Read 32375 times)

Offline Jerseysteve

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
my harvest america $300 debit cards are they legit?
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 08:42:58 PM »
all over Lakewood people are buying $300 debit cards for $265 and many are signing up under different names so they can purchase several of them a month. the old adage if it is to good to be true it is usually correct. Is any Dandealers doing this? what is the risk?
http://www.myharvestamerica.com/Harvest_index.asp

Offline sprint

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: My Harvest America $300 for only $255 per month
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2011, 08:56:02 PM »
all over Lakewood people are buying $300 debit cards for $265 and many are signing up under different names so they can purchase several of them a month. the old adage if it is to good to be true it is usually correct. Is any Dandealers doing this? what is the risk?
http://www.myharvestamerica.com/Harvest_index.asp

Not a great risk - just your initial investment which yes, is not much depending on your plan.  I think the whole concept of it being a ponzi/pyramid scheme just bothers some of the people here (myself very much included) - that although little risk to me, I am definitely being goreim someone down the line a loss - as at some point every pyramid blows...only question is when.  If you analyze the program - its clearly setup to support a pyramid - there is no debating that - having to wait from deposit to redemtion 2 - 4 weeks, is to give them time for payouts for cash flow - more signups, etc.  At some point they wont get enough signups and...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2011, 11:17:04 AM »
I heard this program underwent major changes.  Any schemers here want to fill us in?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2011, 11:36:25 AM »
just heard they stopped the WalMart thing where you paid $300 or so and got $400 WM GC. Anyone have more info?

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »
just found this http://www.wahm.com/forum/my-harvest-america-271/560407-omg-my-harvest-america-back.html
ROFL, those people will need to wipe the slobber off the floor.
So now the alleged business model is to sell worthless credit card sleeves...cute.  Because it's too good for stores, so we sell directly to you!  Maybe next they'll sell tinfoil hats?  Or just cut out the worthless goods and admit it's just a pyramid that has been re-juggled to keep it afloat a little longer before the inevitable collapse?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline fred

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2011, 09:20:07 PM »
Well they are done now. They filed for chapter 7 on may 27th. Surprise surprise! I'm glad I stopped feeding them money in feb. I knew it was a scam but figured I'd ride it a few months. I made like a thousnd bucks and then As soon as they started with those worthless sleeves I knew the game was ending I feel sorry for those people feeding them 595 a month for them and their wife for about 3600 total while waiting for 3 months for those rebates to arive and then they went bust. Hope they can dispute it with the credit card companies. I think dan might know best how to deal with disputing the cc companies. Let's all learn for next time. There aint no such thing as free money (except for airline miles of course!) and if its too good to be true then it definitly is!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2011, 09:23:30 PM »
Shocked, shocked I tell 'ya ::)

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2011, 09:41:54 PM »
Shocked, shocked I tell 'ya ::)
I missed this thread till now , I've been begging a friend of mine who owns a newspaper to stop running these ads as they are causing tremendous hefsed to yidden . He reassured me that this is different!!

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2011, 10:04:39 PM »
I was heavily involved in this program - I just disputed over $4000 on one of the credit cards that I used. I have a couple of questions that maybe some fellow forum members can help out with
1) is it dangerous to dispute such a large amount-will I feel reprecussions somewhere down the line in the long run?
2) the cc that i'm referring is my citi advantage card- is citi going to pull the miles from my AA account?
3) is the cc company responsible to refund the money even when the merchant goes bankrupt?
TIA

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2011, 10:11:07 PM »
I was heavily involved in this program - I just disputed over $4000 on one of the credit cards that I used. I have a couple of questions that maybe some fellow forum members can help out with
1) is it dangerous to dispute such a large amount-will I feel reprecussions somewhere down the line in the long run?
2) the cc that i'm referring is my citi advantage card- is citi going to pull the miles from my AA account?
3) is the cc company responsible to refund the money even when the merchant goes bankrupt?
TIA

1. I don't think so, they just might throw the dispute out.
2. They'll probably hold a negative miles balance, to be cancelled out by future spending on the card.
3. That' probably depends on the reason for the dispute, in this case I don't think they're legally required to take the loss, since you actually authorized the purchase (i.e. it wasn't fraud as in your CC number getting stolen).
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2011, 10:11:48 PM »
I've been begging a friend of mine who owns a newspaper to stop running these ads as they are causing tremendous hefsed to yidden . He reassured me that this is different!!
A pyramid scheme is a pyramid scheme is a pyramid scheme.
There's a reason I refused to run these ads on DD...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2011, 10:13:48 PM »

It's so sad that MLMs are so prevalent in our community, exploiting the naivety of people.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2011, 10:15:29 PM »
But he told me that they make money from people coming to their site , Dont you get it this is the real deal. Why are you such a cynic.
Very sad.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2011, 10:16:35 PM »
But he told me that they make money from people coming to their site , Dont you get it this is the real deal. Why are you such a cynic.

Nice one!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2011, 10:16:58 PM »
It's so sad that MLMs are so prevalent in our community, exploiting the naivety of people.
Naivety is being dan l'kaf z'chus.
Most would call it greed.

If one can think in a post-Madoff world that these things are legit they're a fool.
They exist to enrich the pyramid founders and when they no longer do (by definition this has to occur as a pyramid can't keep growing exponentially without collapsing) they shut down causing ruin to all those at the bottom.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2011, 10:19:46 PM »
Naivety is being dan l'kaf z'chus.
Most would call it greed.

I know enough people who actually took this kind of stuff (Ambit, Monavie, Primerica etc.) seriously. I don't think they were greedy, they were simply naive.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
1. I don't think so, they just might throw the dispute out.
2. They'll probably hold a negative miles balance, to be cancelled out by future spending on the card.
3. That' probably depends on the reason for the dispute, in this case I don't think they're legally required to take the loss, since you actually authorized the purchase (i.e. it wasn't fraud as in your CC number getting stolen).

1) wat do u mean - "they may throw it out" ?
3} my complaint is legit bec I never recieved the product -(secure sleeves) .

Heres the info about disputes in case anybody looking for it. But it doesnt say wat would be in the event of bankruptcy. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre16.shtm

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2011, 10:28:03 PM »
1) wat do u mean - "they may throw it out" ?
3} my complaint is legit bec I never recieved the product -(secure sleeves) .

The same answer for both points. I don't think they're legally required to take the loss if it's a legit charge but you have an issue with the goods (i.e. not what you ordered/never received goods etc). If they are legally required, you'll obviously get your money. If not, it all depends on what they can collect from the merchant (MHA in this case), which isn't very likely in this situation.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile