Author Topic: My Harvest America $300 for only $255 per month  (Read 32401 times)

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: My Harvest America $300 for only $255 per month
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2011, 12:10:15 AM »
Quote from http://wealthcascade.com/

This is unfortunate and it will be a harsh blow to many of us who absolutely love this program.

I actually feel that the founders and owners will rise like a phoenix from the ashes and build a better business in the future. While MHA may be gone, the concept and the business model is sound and workable. I truly hope that the owners will not give up entirely and will devise a new plan and come back with a program that cannot be destroyed from the outside in.

Offline yossi4k

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club National Executive Elite Sixt Platinum
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2011, 01:06:08 AM »
Anyone hear of www.MyHarvestAmerica.com? I was wondering if it's a scam. You can get $300 prepaid debit card for only $255. Did anybody out there here about it or sign up for it? I want to if anyone had any problems with them. I already took the chance and signed up for it. I figured, if it's a scam, I'll just dispute the charge. So far it's great and really worth it. If you want to sign up, let me know, I'll tell you how. First just check out the sight and google it for scams. (I didn't find any scam report on it, let me know if you do) BTW, on a side note, you can also make money by signing up people under your account. Sounds sketchy....until my brother got his check!! (I'm waitng for mine too)
I know ppl that bought it and never received the gift cards....

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2011, 01:11:17 AM »
While MHA may be gone, the concept and the business model is sound and workable.
Hmm...
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2011, 01:18:59 AM »
Naivety is being dan l'kaf z'chus.
Most would call it greed.

If one can think in a post-Madoff world that these things are legit they're a fool.
They exist to enrich the pyramid founders and when they no longer do (by definition this has to occur as a pyramid can't keep growing exponentially without collapsing) they shut down causing ruin to all those at the bottom.
IME the ppl recruiting ppl are very often greedy, but very often those being recruited are naive and get convinced by the recruiters that it is legit and profitable. I was getting almost a phone call a day from good ppl regarding WorldVentures. Some asking if they should sign up, some trying to recruit me. Many ppl took advantage of the 3 day cancellation period after I spoke to them.

Dan I think it would be a big toeles harabim to do a feature on the main site. You don't have to name names, but a general 'why it can't work' piece
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2011, 01:22:06 AM »
Dan I think it would be a big toeles harabim to do a feature on the main site. You don't have to name names, but a general 'why it can't work' piece

+1
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2011, 01:31:22 AM »
IME the ppl recruiting ppl are very often greedy, but very often those being recruited are naive and get convinced by the recruiters that it is legit and profitable. I was getting almost a phone call a day from good ppl regarding WorldVentures. Some asking if they should sign up, some trying to recruit me. Many ppl took advantage of the 3 day cancellation period after I spoke to them.

Putting up such an article would be very beneficial. Especially, that many who do sign up for such things are probably people always looking for a good deal and therefore also frequent DD.
However, apparently there have been others who have been harassed from these companies for putting up such things.
So with no real gain for Dan, (not saying everything he posts is for personal gain), why have the headache?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2011, 01:32:35 AM »
However, apparently there have been others who have been harassed from these companies for putting up such things.
So with no real gain for Dan, (not saying everything he posts is for personal gain), why have the headache?

If Dan doesn't name companies I doubt they'll harass him much.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2011, 01:41:28 AM »
Probably true.
However, as with every new one, they always say,"this is not the same thing, this really works."
So without names, will it be as useful?
Granted, "ki rabim haim, v'ee efshar l'fortom" but at least those that are most prevalent in the Jewish communities.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2011, 01:44:58 AM »
Probably true.
However, as with every new one, they always say,"this is not the same thing, this really works."
So without names, will it be as useful?
Granted, "ki rabim haim, v'ee efshar l'fortom" but at least those that are most prevalent in the Jewish communities.

I think he can get away with naming them. Ultimately, what he posts is (obviously) his choice.

He can also just say: An MLM is an MLM is an MLM. 'This one is different' is just BS, gotta see past it.

Offline yissie

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2011, 08:34:39 AM »

+1
KTH

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2011, 09:29:35 AM »
i am not sure what type of language is appropriate for the mha sellers but i am sure it aint appropriate for ddf. all those frum guys who knew that this was a pyramid and went around selling it advertising 'no gimmicks' 'no strings attached' ect should be put in chairim they stole ppl money knowingly not informing buyers of the risk (at least say its a pyramid) is genaiva, according  to halacha you could probably get your money back from seller (not in this case bc you didnt give him the money he was just a agent being oiver lifnai eevair). i a frequent ddf and was informed about the future of this  'company' but friend and fam would tell me 'its a frum guy he says there is nothing to worry about (for him at least). guys who do that are not frum they just dress frum. when you get up there they will ask you "nasata bemunah"? and then throw you straight into hell

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2011, 09:34:36 AM »
i am not sure what type of language is appropriate for the mha sellers but i am sure it aint appropriate for ddf.

It actually makes sense, since he was the OP, advertising his scheme.

Offline myb821

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »
It actually makes sense, since he was the OP, advertising his scheme.
and its his only post ever

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2011, 09:43:41 AM »
I met one of the big sellers this morning by davening . I gave him a big thumbs up . He came running over that "you realize its because so many people returned etc, etc," I told him it would be more appropriate to daven a t home the next few days. Shame Shame Shame

Offline fred

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2011, 09:47:04 AM »
Well they are done now. They filed for chapter 7 on may 27th. Surprise surprise! I'm glad I stopped feeding them money in feb. As soon as they started with those worthless sleeves I knew the game was ending I feel sorry for those people feeding them 595 a month for them and their wife for about 3600 total while waiting for 3 months for those rebates to arive and then they went bust. Hope they can dispute it with the credit card companies. I think dan might know best how to deal with disputing the cc companies. Let's all learn for next time. There aint no such thing as free money (except for airline miles of course!) and if its too good to be true then it definitly is!

Offline fred

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2011, 10:21:34 PM »
I hear that the guy that signed up a lot of people is giving back money to those that lost and couldn't dispute the charges.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2011, 10:47:56 PM »
I hear that the guy that signed up a lot of people is giving back money to those that lost and couldn't dispute the charges.

There were a few different people that signed up people. D u know the name of the one that's giving back money?

Offline sprint

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2011, 10:52:30 PM »
I missed this thread till now , I've been begging a friend of mine who owns a newspaper to stop running these ads as they are causing tremendous hefsed to yidden . He reassured me that this is different!!
you know - it reallly bugged me that the frum newspapers were running the sleazy ads -
save on tuition!
or
Do you use credit cards?! Save money!
Completely machshil people...

I guessed maybe they had no clue...but...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:57:53 PM by sprint »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2011, 10:56:30 PM »

The problem is that with these ponzi schemes is that the money that's left after all the overhead (promoting the hype, inflating returns etc.) is never enough to pay all the claims of those who lost money.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2011, 11:13:27 PM »
The problem is that with these ponzi schemes is that the money that's left after all the overhead (promoting the hype, inflating returns etc.) is never enough to pay all the claims of those who lost money.

Mlm's don't do much advertising. Its usually members doing the advertising trying to get new people to sign up under them. -- that's really the point of an mlm, the company doent have to do any promoting/recruiting.