Author Topic: A Favor  (Read 2318 times)

Offline jong

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
A Favor
« on: November 03, 2010, 04:25:03 PM »
I signed up for Amex Plat in hopes of a 50k bonus points for spending 1,000 in the first year. Now they are telling me to fax them the emailed solicitation that I supposedly received. I did it online, and found the cached page from Google. In support of this, does anyone have an email they received from American Express to sign up for platinum and receive 50,000 points? May you please forward it to me? I will change necessary values so your email address doesnt come up when i fax it in. Please post if you have the email and I will pm you my email address.

I thank you for your help

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: A Favor
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:32:17 PM »
I signed up for Amex Plat in hopes of a 50k bonus points for spending 1,000 in the first year. Now they are telling me to fax them the emailed solicitation that I supposedly received. I did it online, and found the cached page from Google. In support of this, does anyone have an email they received from American Express to sign up for platinum and receive 50,000 points? May you please forward it to me? I will change necessary values so your email address doesnt come up when i fax it in. Please post if you have the email and I will pm you my email address.

I thank you for your help
Even if someone has it, it will have a targeted invitation code that won't work for anyone but the targeted person.
I would say you are SOL.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jong

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 04:35:46 PM »
Even if someone has it, it will have a targeted invitation code that won't work for anyone but the targeted person.
I would say you are SOL.

Worth a try, yeah? I just sent them the copy of a cached page i found on google:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vL2JbQxs2jAJ:www201.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/platinum-card+american+express+platinum+50000+bonus+points&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Obv, formating the highlighted fonts...

Offline mancunian

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline jong

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 07:04:26 PM »
Well, I got a phonecall from Dave at Membership Rewards, and they posted the 50k Immediately! Do you think i should transfer them into Delta? I currently have the Delta Gold Card Via AMEX. Is Silver status worth it that much?

If i transfer into Delta, then switch my delta to another program, will I keep my Silver Status?

Offline YOSEF

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 10:42:28 PM »
Well, I got a phonecall from Dave at Membership Rewards, and they posted the 50k Immediately! Do you think i should transfer them into Delta? I currently have the Delta Gold Card Via AMEX. Is Silver status worth it that much?

If i transfer into Delta, then switch my delta to another program, will I keep my Silver Status?
Yes,
but...
What do you mean by my Delta to another program?
If you mean to transfer the skymiles to a different miles program like AAdvantage, then the answer is that it really isn't worth it or sometimes even possible.

Offline jong

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 03:59:06 AM »
Yes,
but...
What do you mean by my Delta to another program?
If you mean to transfer the skymiles to a different miles program like AAdvantage, then the answer is that it really isn't worth it or sometimes even possible.

Wow read what i wrote and realize it makes no sense... Yes, i mean transfer skymiles to a different miles program like AA, *W or another Hotel Chain..

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 04:02:26 AM »
Delta has a very low mileage, so its a bit of a waste to transfer you MR to it.

Offline YOSEF

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 09:35:43 AM »
Wow read what i wrote and realize it makes no sense... Yes, i mean transfer skymiles to a different miles program like AA, *W or another Hotel Chain..
I'm still a little confused.
To answer your question: if its even possible, you will end up getting like a sixth of an AAdvantage mile per skymile.