Author Topic: New Shidduch Idea  (Read 70768 times)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: New Shidduch Idea
« Reply #460 on: March 06, 2014, 02:24:21 PM »
Just saw this thread. Seems like a good idea. Anyone try it?

no, and I can video chat free on chat roulette and not pay 100 ;)

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 06, 2014, 02:25:30 PM »
Just saw this thread. Seems like a good idea. Anyone try it?
The advantage to this is it 'forces' you to meet someone that you wouldn't necessarily agree to on paper and once you've met them your interest may be piqued to date (after more research).

The disadvantage is that  it forces you to meet someone that you shouldn't have agreed to and once you've met them your interest may be piqued to date.

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 06, 2014, 02:29:54 PM »
There was an initiative many years ago, backed by many prominent Gedolim, to help OOTers. Basically instead of traveling to meet a stranger, you would first have a "skype" type date in a shadchin's home. I don't think it ever took off though.

Offline MC

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 06, 2014, 02:31:54 PM »
There was an initiative many years ago, backed by many prominent Gedolim, to help OOTers. Basically instead of traveling to meet a stranger, you would first have a "skype" type date in a shadchin's home. I don't think it ever took off though.

They tried to start something called shidduch vision here for LA girls... didn't work

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 06, 2014, 02:38:57 PM »

Yeah they set that up in lakewood.. waste of time and resources

Offline yehuda S

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: March 06, 2014, 02:48:46 PM »
In between vacations ;)
Would you say you are a very hard worker?
Work is what you do between vacations.

Offline ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 06, 2014, 02:50:55 PM »
They tried to start something called shidduch vision here for LA girls... didn't work

We have to rename this entire thread to "Revisiting a Failed Shidduch Idea"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:59:19 PM by ushdadude »

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #467 on: March 06, 2014, 02:56:20 PM »
We have to rename this entire thread to "Revisiting a Failed Shiccuch Idea"
I think that at this point it needs to be renamed a whole different name having very little to do with sidduchim
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 06, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »
I think that at this point it needs to be renamed a whole different name having very little to do with sidduchim

How about "Chevron's dating career"?

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 06, 2014, 03:03:28 PM »

+10000

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 06, 2014, 03:38:07 PM »
How about "Chevron's dating career"?

I havent gone out on a single formal shiduch system date in my life and last dated remotely for marriage like uhh 5 years ago, so the thread would be like non existent :)

Offline icapd1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 07, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »
I browse through the threads on this forum occasionally, but generally refrain from commenting. After reading 30 plus pages, I couldn't resist sharing my personal sentiments.

@Chevron: I've read through your posts, and although I have difficulty understanding your perspective, I realize that it's been molded by the unfortunate childhood you've experienced. It bothers me that because of the circumstances that have negatively influenced you, you refuse to give yourself a chance to attain the ultimate happiness. At the risk of sounding trite, I'll repeat the old proverb, "If there's no pain, there's no gain." Marriage and child raising are awesome responsibilities that come with hardship, yet many people realize that the most fulfilling relationship one can have is with a spouse, and that most children eventually bring nachas and are the living legacy one leaves over after their time on this world has expired. I know individuals who have grown up in dysfunctional homes and witnessed an abusive relationship, and today are in wonderful marriage. Many divorcees will admit that despite all they've gone through, they feel fortunate that they've given birth to children who make life worth living. With all this rambling, the point I 'm trying to make is that those with a healthy perspective view marriage and children as worthwhile investments that come at the expense of toil, pain, and sacrifice.

I hope and pray that one day soon you'll meet the right one who will change your perspective, and that together you'll discover the joys that will come after you will overcome your fears and give yourself another chance.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 07, 2014, 11:16:43 AM »
The psychologists are coming out of the woodwork  :P

JK. Welcome to the forums.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 07, 2014, 11:17:24 AM »
I browse through the threads on this forum occasionally, but generally refrain from commenting. After reading 30 plus pages, I couldn't resist sharing my personal sentiments.

@Chevron: I've read through your posts, and although I have difficulty understanding your perspective, I realize that it's been molded by the unfortunate childhood you've experienced. It bothers me that because of the circumstances that have negatively influenced you, you refuse to give yourself a chance to attain the ultimate happiness. At the risk of sounding trite, I'll repeat the old proverb, "If there's no pain, there's no gain." Marriage and child raising are awesome responsibilities that come with hardship, yet many people realize that the most fulfilling relationship one can have is with a spouse, and that most children eventually bring nachas and are the living legacy one leaves over after their time on this world has expired. I know individuals who have grown up in dysfunctional homes and witnessed an abusive relationship, and today are in wonderful marriage. Many divorcees will admit that despite all they've gone through, they feel fortunate that they've given birth to children who make life worth living. With all this rambling, the point I 'm trying to make is that those with a healthy perspective view marriage and children as worthwhile investments that come at the expense of toil, pain, and sacrifice.

I hope and pray that one day soon you'll meet the right one who will change your perspective, and that together you'll discover the joys that will come after you will overcome your fears and give yourself another chance.
Well said.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 07, 2014, 11:22:22 AM »
Would you say you are a very hard worker?

Yep, thank G-d :)

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 07, 2014, 11:29:05 AM »

Thanks for taking the time to write that up :)

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #476 on: March 07, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »

Well said.

Offline SamDaMan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 07, 2014, 04:54:15 PM »
@Icapd1 wow great post
But I'm still proud to be from clev!

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 09, 2014, 07:59:48 PM »
cool thread

Offline wonderlust

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 10, 2014, 12:30:30 AM »
wonder if they charge the 6k even if they are only the ones making initial contact and not the shadchan for the rest of the dating process-either way its a sleazy cash grab on their part.
1-they don't list who they are just a self endorsement that they are 'top of the line'.
2- they request you to blindly commit to skype dates with ppl that they decide is a fit for you-something even close family/friends never demand from singles.
3-they ask for 6k$ for shadchunis which is far beyond the industry standard, without committing anything more than an initial introduction.
4- the resume seems so callous especially the medical issues section..