Topic Wiki

How to get someone at eBay (as a seller) who can actually help you:

Message them on Facebook (sounds weird buy I've done it and it works)

DM them on Twitter. (I've never done it but heard stories of success)

eBay Fee Calculators:

FinalFeeCalc

Author Topic: eBay: Master Thread  (Read 404437 times)

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: eBay: Master Thread
« Reply #1760 on: October 12, 2015, 11:29:09 PM »
Is this the eBay master thread?
That's what it says

Offline tec

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: October 14, 2015, 09:26:17 PM »
Is there a way to see how well an item sells on ebay?

Offline Einstein

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: October 14, 2015, 11:59:33 PM »
Is there a way to see how well an item sells on ebay?
not sure about that, But u can see all the previous sold listings and previously listed items even if they didn't sell
If you think nobody cares about you... just forget to pay your credit card bill

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: October 24, 2015, 08:07:17 PM »
I won an item on EBay -  how long do I have to pay?
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1764 on: October 25, 2015, 09:35:45 AM »
I won an item on EBay -  how long do I have to pay?
Officially one week I believe. I got screwed by relisting something after 6 days of unanswered emails etc and the rep told me if I waited one more day I could've done it.

Offline Centro

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: October 26, 2015, 07:52:13 PM »
I by mistake selected "Positive" instead of "Negative" while leaving feedback, anyway to change it?

Offline pixi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: October 27, 2015, 08:40:44 AM »
I by mistake selected "Positive" instead of "Negative" while leaving feedback, anyway to change it?
There is no way to change positive feedback to negative.
money doesn't talk......      it SCREAMS !

Offline beeweegee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: October 28, 2015, 02:16:13 PM »
If I sell something and need to change the quantity (I have less in stock than I thought), can I, with the buyer's permission, change the quantity, or do I need to cancel and relist?

Offline pixi

• View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: October 28, 2015, 10:04:42 PM »
If I sell something and need to change the quantity (I have less in stock than I thought), can I, with the buyer's permission, change the quantity, or do I need to cancel and relist?
Send a message to the buyer and of course refund him the difference,  wait for him to confirm it and your good to go.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1769 on: October 30, 2015, 08:52:25 AM »
There is no way to change positive feedback to negative.

Happened to me too. I don't get it!

Offline Zalc

• View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: November 05, 2015, 01:02:15 AM »
Ebay Promo: Limited time only, Max $5 final fee, 100 items

IDK Seems targeted, here is the Link.

Terms: What is the Promotion?
Sellers who activate the offer and then list in the fixed price, auction-style, or auction-style with Buy It Now format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, will pay maximum final value fees of $5 per item (“Promotion”) for the first 100 items sold, that were created during the Promotion Period, as defined below. 5-, 7-, 10-, and 30-day listing durations are included. All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. Items listed under this Promotion will not be charged insertion fees and will not affect the seller's monthly allotment of listings which do not require an insertion fee as part of the everyday rate plan.

The Promotion excludes listings created in 1- or 3-day duration. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. Note that existing final value fees rates still apply, but the maximum final value fees have been reduced to $5 per item sold. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category.

For example, if the total value of an item listed during the Promotion Period is sold for $40, including the shipping cost, $4 in final value fees will apply. If the total value of the item that is sold is $320, the final value fee will be capped at $5 (instead of paying the regular fee of $32).

Who’s eligible?
This Promotion is available to invited sellers (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; and (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?
This Promotion will begin on Monday, November 2, 2015, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Tuesday, November 24, 2015, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com. For listings on www.ebay.ca, the Promotion will begin on Monday, November 2, 2015, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Tuesday, November 24, 2015, at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (the “Promotion Period”).

How do I activate the Promotion?
Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email or the Promotion landing page, and then create Qualifying Listings on the US site at www.ebay.com, www.ebay.ca or eBay Motors at www.ebay.com/motors (Parts & Accessories and Automotive Tools & Supplies only) through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. The Promotion does not apply to items sold through eBay Valet. Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotion. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate will not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "View Account Status" section in My eBay, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions.

The Promotion excludes items listed with 1-day or 3-day duration.
Only single quantity listings are eligible for this Promotion. Listings in which multiple items are being sold through the same listing are not eligible.
The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.
All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
The Promotion excludes listings created prior to a seller activating the offer or with a start date prior to Monday, November 2, 2015 (including those listings revised during the Promotion Period). Additionally, the Promotion excludes listings that are created during the Promotion Period, but scheduled to start after the Promotion Period. Listings created prior to Monday, November 2, 2015, but after a seller activates the Promotion, which are scheduled to start during the Promotion Period, are eligible for the Promotion.

Offline Mplace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kan tzivah
« Reply #1771 on: November 05, 2015, 03:33:41 AM »
Ebay Promo: Limited time only, Max $5 final fee, 100 items

IDK Seems targeted, here is the Link.
Unfortunately, this promotional offer is by invitation only
What's your plan for yud shvat?

Offline Centro

• View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: November 08, 2015, 01:59:53 PM »
I purchased an item on eBay, item wasn't as described (wasn't new), I contacted the seller, he tried giving me all kind of excuses till he finally agreed to take it back, I asked him for a return label and he just ignored me so I went through eBay money back guarantee (or whatever it's called) and I got a shipping label from the seller,
A few days passed since it was delivered and I still wasn't refunded so I contacted the seller and he told me he never got it, it must have been dropped off by a neighbor,
A little later I asked him if he checked and he just ignored so I opened a case and I won and was refunded,

Now a few days later this package ended up by my door, it says "Return to sender, attempted - not known, unable to forward"
So I checked the tracking and here you go

Now how come this was returned to me after the was already delivered at mailbox?
Did he somehow convince USPS after a few days that this was wrongly delivered and they should send it back? Or was it just on the street for a few days?
This is very strange...

And my question is now am I obligated to return the item?

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 08, 2015, 04:29:22 PM »

Did he somehow convince USPS after a few days that this was wrongly delivered and they should send it back?
I would guess that.

Offline Centro

• View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: November 08, 2015, 06:01:15 PM »
I would guess that.
Is that even possible?

Offline pixi

• View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 08, 2015, 11:37:09 PM »
I purchased an item on eBay, item wasn't as described (wasn't new), I contacted the seller, he tried giving me all kind of excuses till he finally agreed to take it back, I asked him for a return label and he just ignored me so I went through eBay money back guarantee (or whatever it's called) and I got a shipping label from the seller,
A few days passed since it was delivered and I still wasn't refunded so I contacted the seller and he told me he never got it, it must have been dropped off by a neighbor,
A little later I asked him if he checked and he just ignored so I opened a case and I won and was refunded,

Now a few days later this package ended up by my door, it says "Return to sender, attempted - not known, unable to forward"
So I checked the tracking and here you go

Now how come this was returned to me after the was already delivered at mailbox?
Did he somehow convince USPS after a few days that this was wrongly delivered and they should send it back? Or was it just on the street for a few days?
This is very strange...

Probably the person who got the item in his mail box dropped it off in a  mailbox or gave it back to the usps guy

Offline pixi

• View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 08, 2015, 11:39:37 PM »

is your questions from an halucha prospective or per eBay rules?

Offline Centro

• View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 09, 2015, 11:59:16 AM »
I would guess that.
Probably the person who got the item in his mail box dropped it off in a  mailbox or gave it back to the usps guy
Now who's right between you 2???
is your questions from an halucha prospective or per eBay rules?

Both.

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #1778 on: November 09, 2015, 12:20:07 PM »
Is that even possible?
If they put out the package and write RTS the mailman will take it
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline pixi

• View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 09, 2015, 01:49:16 PM »

Now who's right between you 2?
does it make any difference?