Topic Wiki

How to get someone at eBay (as a seller) who can actually help you:

Message them on Facebook (sounds weird buy I've done it and it works)

DM them on Twitter. (I've never done it but heard stories of success)

eBay Fee Calculators:

FinalFeeCalc

Author Topic: eBay: Master Thread  (Read 404632 times)

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: eBay: Master Thread
« Reply #2500 on: April 06, 2020, 06:47:31 PM »
Which one is worse, ending an auction early that already has bids on it or shipping something late?

I have an auction ending in 5 days(Sunday morning), I don't want to ship anything on Pesach.

It's set to one business day handling time.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: April 06, 2020, 07:59:06 PM »
Which one is worse, ending an auction early that already has bids on it or shipping something late?

I have an auction ending in 5 days(Sunday morning), I don't want to ship anything on Pesach.

It's set to one business day handling time.
Best would be to end early if you are happy with the current bid. eBay won’t count shipping delays against you because of COVID but you risk an angry buyer and potential negative feedback if you take a week to ship.

Offline isrealsuits

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: April 26, 2020, 05:01:13 PM »
2 "different" buyers bought a cell phone on ebay moments apart.
1 buyer sent a photo to me with a different address and asked me to change the shipping address the other buyer did not.
When I googled the address it came out a scam (as expected)
My question is if I tell them I will only ship to PayPal address even if it I saw a scam wouldn't Ebay stand behind me if I do everything right?it may be a little hassle but i wouldn't lose?or am I missing something?

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #2503 on: April 26, 2020, 05:04:04 PM »
1 buyer sent a photo to me with a different address and asked me to change the shipping address the other buyer did not.
My question is if I tell them I will only ship to PayPal address even if it I saw a scam wouldn't Ebay stand behind me if I do everything right?it may be a little hassle but i wouldn't lose?or am I missing something?
Theoretically speaking yes as long as you receive the money you're fine.
 If your shipping to the PayPal verified address and receive the money instantly, and even should he claim he didn't receive the item, the money might be put on hold, but as long as you have a tracking number stating it was delivered then your fine!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: April 26, 2020, 05:34:39 PM »
You could still ship but it may get stuck at the post office and a PayPal case could be decided against you. It has happened with me, the buyer didn’t ask to change the address but claimed it was fraud afterwards. eBay decided in my favor but PayPal against me. I had to get in touch with the postmaster to have it returned before he could pick it up (and keep it for free). I wouldn’t risk it. Contact eBay and let them know you’ll be canceling the order and to leave a note so you can’t get negative feedback. You’ll be out of the PayPal fee but it’ll save you what could be a major waste of time.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: April 26, 2020, 05:53:21 PM »
You could still ship but it may get stuck at the post office and a PayPal case could be decided against you. It has happened with me, the buyer didn’t ask to change the address but claimed it was fraud afterwards. eBay decided in my favor but PayPal against me. I had to get in touch with the postmaster to have it returned before he could pick it up (and keep it for free). I wouldn’t risk it. Contact eBay and let them know you’ll be canceling the order and to leave a note so you can’t get negative feedback. You’ll be out of the PayPal fee but it’ll save you what could be a major waste of time.
There's no PayPal fees during this time on a returned payment.

https://dannydealguru.com/2020/03/21/paypal-temporarily-suspends-seller-fees-on-refunds/

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/major-change-to-paypal-refund-policy-processing-fees-wont-be-refunded-on-order-cancellation-affects-ebay-sellers-etc/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 06:06:19 PM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: April 26, 2020, 06:08:19 PM »
There's no PayPal fees during this time on a returned payment.
Source? I believe chargebacks only. I’m looking at roughly 100 recent refunds, only taxes collected by eBay were refunded.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: April 26, 2020, 06:19:25 PM »
Source? I believe chargebacks only. I’m looking at roughly 100 recent refunds, only taxes collected by eBay were refunded.
Does my own experience count? 😉

Sold an Xbox on eBay and while I sold it first on swappa ,I needed to Cancel the eBay sale, besides for eBay costing me more with fees!
 So yes I can confirm with my experience that I got back the PayPal fee.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: April 26, 2020, 06:28:30 PM »
So under fee refunded there’s an amount? Mine show 0. Business or personal account type?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: April 26, 2020, 06:29:26 PM »
So under fee refunded there’s an amount? Mine show 0. Business or personal account type?
Using personal.
 Let me take a look for you.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: April 26, 2020, 07:23:46 PM »
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Basics/refund-policy-update/m-p/2077127

https://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/495080-paypal-has-a-heart-until-the-end-of-april-at-least/?tab=comments#comment-1805878

Checked again for you, doesn't say anything about the fee being refunded aside for showing the full amount being refunded to the buyer. I don't know why i thought otherwise, let me dig a little bit deeper.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: April 26, 2020, 07:33:50 PM »
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Basics/refund-policy-update/m-p/2077127

https://forums.oscommerce.com/topic/495080-paypal-has-a-heart-until-the-end-of-april-at-least/?tab=comments#comment-1805878

Checked again for you, doesn't say anything about the fee being refunded aside for showing the full amount being refunded to the buyer. I don't know why i thought otherwise, let me dig a little bit deeper.
Seems targeted. Now vs then.

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: April 28, 2020, 08:29:18 PM »

First time I've had such a thing. What's this about? Random glitch?

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: April 28, 2020, 08:33:10 PM »
First time I've had such a thing. What's this about? Random glitch?
What is the full tracking info on USPS showing? It'd help figure out if it was wrongfully scanned as delivered or if the delivery date is wrong.

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: April 28, 2020, 08:38:06 PM »
What is the full tracking info on USPS showing? It'd help figure out if it was wrongfully scanned as delivered or if the delivery date is wrong.
It's being shipped to me, it's a purchase.

On USPS website it doesn't show past the delivery.
It seems like it was marked as delivered when the driver picked it up. Since that's the first entry after USPS awaits item

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: April 28, 2020, 08:40:08 PM »
It's being shipped to me, it's a purchase.

On USPS website it doesn't show past the delivery.
It seems like it was marked as delivered when the driver picked it up. Since that's the first entry after USPS awaits item
It's most likely on the way, I would just wait, waiting does wonder with USPS.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: May 12, 2020, 12:15:46 PM »
       Just curious for all the sellers we don't sell hundreds of items a month, but still sell a nice amount.   Do you guys use your full name or do you use a company name that you make up to put on the label and all? As well as your address?
   Don't remember off hand, but when I sell an item does the buyer see my name and address or just my eBay account name?

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: May 12, 2020, 12:28:59 PM »
       Just curious for all the sellers we don't sell hundreds of items a month, but still sell a nice amount.   Do you guys use your full name or do you use a company name that you make up to put on the label and all? As well as your address?
   Don't remember off hand, but when I sell an item does the buyer see my name and address or just my eBay account name?

The safe thing to do is rent a mailbox at a nearby shipping store or UPS and use it as your return address. You can put your initials for example. You can find locations on anytime mailbox among others, and some places might have cheaper prices when going directly through them.
Buyers don't see your personal info. There used to be a feature to request that info from eBay (eBay would send both the buyer and seller each other's information) but they stopped that.