Author Topic: eBay: Master Thread  (Read 132398 times)

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Selling something on ebay
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2012, 01:15:14 PM »
Yup, thats basically ebay in a nutshell ;) You gotta sell enough stuff to be able to take the loss from these type of cases ...

I am wondering, if the people doing these scams buy specifically from people that dont sell a lot on ebay, or they'll  buy from anyone?
Why would they davka buy from such sellers? What does it make a difference to them?

Offline Name Changed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2012, 02:22:14 PM »
i'm not sure, but I am thinking maybe they target armature sellers, as it might be easier for them to win a ebay case - as they prob know how ebay works better ...

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
i'm not sure, but I am thinking maybe they target armature sellers, as it might be easier for them to win a ebay case - as they prob know how ebay works better ...

Would ebay react differently when the seller is top rated (or something similar)?

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »
Would ebay react differently when the seller is top rated (or something similar)?
I am thinking possibly ... But dont know, These scams are mostly with cell phones... I have heard other people that had this issue, I never have only sold a few cell phones in years, and this never happened to me...

Offline trying123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »
How about scamming him back through a different name and recap ur loss

if he is a yid ask a shaleh

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2012, 10:08:28 PM »
How about scamming him back through a different name and recap ur loss

if he is a yid ask a shaleh
Even if you would work out all the logisitics how to scam him. It is not advisable, because eBay can catch you through IP's and close both accounts.

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2012, 11:51:34 PM »
Even if you would work out all the logisitics how to scam him. It is not advisable, because eBay can catch you through IP's and close both accounts.
True

If you wanna get him back, you could just buy something from your account ... Open a case you'll win...

Also you could block specific ebay members from buying items from you... So you could block him from future items you are gonna sell

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2012, 12:55:42 AM »
Name Changed  - Even better, if he 100% feedback, you could kill  him. Buy something from him and leave negative feedback! There is no better fealing than that!

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2012, 01:00:22 AM »
Name Changed  - Even better, if he 100% feedback, you could kill  him. Buy something from him and leave negative feedback! There is no better fealing than that!

He can dispute the negative feedback. 

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2012, 01:06:03 AM »
True, But only if the feedback is against ebay's policy ... If you leave negative feedback for something like "defective product..." he cant dispute it...

I have fought with ebay to remove a negative feedback that was really unjust and I got no where ...

I have got negative feedback removed in a case where it was left against ebay's policy - feedback extortion

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2012, 01:13:31 AM »
Very Hard. And ypu only get 2 or so disputes a year. eBay really makes it hard for us sellers. Not sure why!

Offline trying123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2012, 01:28:29 PM »
Is it possible to sell on eBay with out giving out ur name to the buyers (sorry for asking such a layman's question I never sold on eBay ) if not possible y is no one scared tht a buyer or seller will hunt them down if they fail to achieve their dispute via eBay

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2012, 05:03:41 PM »
Is it possible to sell on eBay with out giving out ur name to the buyers (sorry for asking such a layman's question I never sold on eBay ) if not possible y is no one scared tht a buyer or seller will hunt them down if they fail to achieve their dispute via eBay
If you put register your ebay account under a fake name ... But ebay might realize, and suspend your account - as they need a CC on file they might realize the name doesnt match the CC ... I am not sure exactly, its been a while since I opened a ebay account

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »
If you put register your ebay account under a fake name ... But ebay might realize, and suspend your account - as they need a CC on file they might realize the name doesnt match the CC ... I am not sure exactly, its been a while since I opened a ebay account

You can just add an AU with the fake name to avoid 'the name matching cc' problem.

If they also check the billing address,  you will have an issue ( if the cc billing address is the same as the address on your primary account. )

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »
How is he gonna recive payment? Paypal gives away the sellers identidy.