Topic Wiki

How to get someone at eBay (as a seller) who can actually help you:

Message them on Facebook (sounds weird buy I've done it and it works)

DM them on Twitter. (I've never done it but heard stories of success)

eBay Fee Calculators:

FinalFeeCalc

Author Topic: eBay: Master Thread  (Read 399969 times)

Offline TheSlightEdge

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: eBay: Master Thread
« Reply #2280 on: March 14, 2018, 03:21:58 PM »
Hey, hope someone can help me out here.

Scheduled USPS pickup to ship a package from my house to Ebay buyer. Next day got a confirmation email that package was picked up.

This was USPS priority shipping and the tracking info hasn't been updated once! Literally, the package shows that it never even entered the system.

Fortunately, the buyer is really nice and still willing to wait another few days to see if the package arrives.  I've given up hope; there's no way the package will be delivered anymore, so my next step is trying to get back some of the $. Package was around $200, and I'm only insured up until $50.

Question I have for you guys is whether there's any way I can recover the rest of the $ through Ebay, PayPal? Anyone with similar experience that can help me out here? Thanks!

And the people at USPS suck, literally zero customer service. And then they wonder why they are bankrupt.

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: March 14, 2018, 03:52:56 PM »

Scheduled USPS pickup to ship a package from my house to Ebay buyer. Next day got a confirmation email that package was picked up.

This was USPS priority shipping and the tracking info hasn't been updated once! Literally, the package shows that it never even entered the system.

Fortunately, the buyer is really nice and still willing to wait another few days to see if the package arrives.  I've given up hope; there's no way the package will be delivered anymore, so my next step is trying to get back some of the $. Package was around $200, and I'm only insured up until $50.

Question I have for you guys is whether there's any way I can recover the rest of the $ through Ebay, PayPal? Anyone with similar experience that can help me out here? Thanks!

And the people at USPS suck, literally zero customer service. And then they wonder why they are bankrupt.
I've had that happen to me also (priority mail 2-3 days). I wouldn't be worried yet if it's only one day. Wait another day or two.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline TheSlightEdge

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: March 14, 2018, 03:59:21 PM »
Sry, forgot to mention in initial post that it's been 2 weeks. That's when package was picked up. So no update in 2 weeks, and this was sent via priority mail. Crazy

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: March 14, 2018, 04:10:17 PM »
Sry, forgot to mention in initial post that it's been 2 weeks. That's when package was picked up. So no update in 2 weeks, and this was sent via priority mail. Crazy
Oh I see. That makes more sense, I just read your post wrong. I don't have any experience with that. Although I highly doubt eBay or PayPal will help out in this situation. I guess the best option is to speak to someone higher up in the USPS.

Offline TheSlightEdge

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: March 14, 2018, 10:37:28 PM »

Edit: This package was picked up two weeks ago.

Also, it's not even about the $ at this point. It's just that no one gives a crap about this at USPS, when I call up and talk to them politely they're just impatient and rude. I don't want them getting away with this, and I want to do everything I can.

Offline shmoe joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: March 24, 2018, 09:17:40 PM »
Hi everyone, I ordered a new (other) iPod when Ebay had 15% but sure enough when I received it  I saw it’s used. I Contact the seller he said it was a mistake. But its not like he had any other listed so I think he knowingly tried to  scam me. He offered full refund but being that I bought it when they had 15% I’ll still lose out. My question is if and how I can/should take revenge?
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: March 24, 2018, 11:17:07 PM »
Hi everyone, I ordered a new (other) iPod when Ebay had 15% but sure enough when I received it  I saw it’s used. I Contact the seller he said it was a mistake. But its not like he had any other listed so I think he knowingly tried to  scam me. He offered full refund but being that I bought it when they had 15% I’ll still lose out. My question is if and how I can/should take revenge?

I don't see any way you can get him back. And even if there was a way to get him back I still don't think you should. It's not the best of character traits to hone.

How did you realize it was used? Why didn't the seller realize that you'd realize?

Offline shmoe joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: March 25, 2018, 12:12:31 AM »
I don't see any way you can get him back. And even if there was a way to get him back I still don't think you should. It's not the best of character traits to hone.

How did you realize it was used? Why didn't the seller realize that you'd realize?
first of all it had a sticker on box in big bold letters USED IN GOOD CONDITION! Second it has scuffs and scratches all over. When asked The seller right away said that it was a “mistake”. About you saying it not being the best character, I’m on a mission to eleminate all this scammers from Ebay one by one. I’m pretty big buyer that Ebay should listen to me.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: March 25, 2018, 01:14:05 AM »
Is there any way to use a GC on another account? It seems locked to the account it was partially redeemed on... Any workarounds?

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: March 25, 2018, 09:09:27 AM »
Is there any way to use a GC on another account? It seems locked to the account it was partially redeemed on... Any workarounds?
Buy another eBay eGC for the remaining balance and use that one on the other account.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: March 25, 2018, 09:18:47 AM »
Buy another eBay eGC for the remaining balance and use that one on the other account.
Paypal won't let me use a GC for a GC purchase.
Is there another way?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: March 25, 2018, 11:10:12 AM »
Paypal won't let me use a GC for a GC purchase.
Is there another way?
+1
Didn’t they stop allowing GC for GC purchases?

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: March 25, 2018, 11:25:15 AM »
+1
Didn’t they stop allowing GC for GC purchases?
Havent done that in a while, so its possible.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: March 25, 2018, 12:26:32 PM »
I guess we add it to the 'DEAD' file.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Eliyohu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: March 25, 2018, 01:16:49 PM »
A buyer is claiming the item I sent them never arrived however the tracking is showing it was delivered 10 days ago. I answered such, Do I just ignore it?

Offline ben89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: March 25, 2018, 01:50:15 PM »
how will you lose out? You may not gain 15% off but you definitely aren’t losing

Offline joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: March 25, 2018, 06:23:37 PM »
Return it without the iPod inside.... when he asks you just say it was a mistake... ;D

Offline shmoe joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: March 25, 2018, 06:45:59 PM »
how will you lose out? You may not gain 15% off but you definitely aren’t losing
when i buy a diffrent ipod i wont get 1% that means loosing out 15% not sure what you"re not understanding!?!

Offline shmoe joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: March 25, 2018, 06:46:23 PM »
Return it without the iPod inside.... when he asks you just say it was a mistake... ;D
will it work?

Offline shmoe joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: March 25, 2018, 06:50:21 PM »
when i retuen the item for a full refund, will i get the full amount being that the refund is comeing from the seller amnd, or will i olny get the amount minues the 15%?