Topic Wiki

How to get someone at eBay (as a seller) who can actually help you:

Message them on Facebook (sounds weird buy I've done it and it works)

DM them on Twitter. (I've never done it but heard stories of success)

eBay Fee Calculators:

FinalFeeCalc

Author Topic: eBay: Master Thread  (Read 404732 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: eBay: Master Thread
« Reply #2340 on: July 12, 2018, 01:53:10 PM »
My account has long been banned and any other account i open is also banned after 1 or 2 orders. I was able to keep it for a bit by using a different shipping and different paypal account but I once slipped and had an order shipped to my old address and it was immediately shut down. So it might work to try that as long as your very careful to keep everything completely separate from the old one
What about using a siblings account? With their name?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: July 12, 2018, 01:57:16 PM »
What about using a siblings account? With their name?

Should work as long as it's not tied to your billing or shipping address
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: July 12, 2018, 02:16:40 PM »
My account has long been banned and any other account i open is also banned after 1 or 2 orders. I was able to keep it for a bit by using a different shipping and different paypal account but I once slipped and had an order shipped to my old address and it was immediately shut down. So it might work to try that as long as your very careful to keep everything completely separate from the old one
   Read up to use these few techniques to make a stealth account to ship orders(meaning a seller account), while I'm a buyer I would assume it's the same concept.

1.Clear all cookies and cached data on computer or android.

2.Use a VPN server to change your IP address, and you can use whatsmyip.com
Or whatsmyipaddress.com to verify that your ip address was changed.

3.If you always used an gmail account for ebay make a new email account with another server for example Yahoo not with gmail as gmail somehow links all your accounts you have to one.

4.Get a new CC or debit card ,either use a virtual cc number and if possible for a db card do the same if not open a new bank account for a new debit card.

5.Use different name on the account or change around your name example you name was John use Johnny.

6.For Seller's you can use any random address within 50mile radius of your IP address, or for buyers use a neighbor's address to ship your stuff to.

7.And for a new PayPal account use a EIN number from the IRS which you can get for free to enter in place of the social they request.

8.And be careful to never use your old account or log onto your new account without clearing cookies and all the data on your device and using an IP address.

=PITA Wish this never happens to others.
  Better safe then sorry, or when placing multiple orders through guest checkout make sure to use different info in each order, even so the cc might not work at checkout if things don't match,which you might want to use PayPal, but now it's a PITA to have an account for each order as that's not really possible and once you use the same account everything is linked.
  But you can try to place orders with a guest checkout and expect each account to be shut down usually after your products ship.

Lastly try a few HUCAS to have your account back up in good standing conditions, explain them how...

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: July 13, 2018, 04:00:23 PM »
I bought something for over $119 dollars on eBay and got their free Google home mini. In the app by the notifications it comes up as this

Did they have a recent promo that you get a $10 gift card? Or is this a possible future promo?
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: July 15, 2018, 12:06:06 AM »
Should work as long as it's not tied to your billing or shipping address
I realized I'm only banned from buying not selling, I guess a few phone calls should help to unlock my account.

We are getting in touch with you about the restriction in your eBay account. Please allow us to assist you about this concern.

Due to the risk involved on your ebay account, we have decided that it is in our mutual interest to part ways.

Your account was restricted because it exhibits a risk to eBay and to its community. As eBay is an internet-based business, and its members are our customers, we have to carefully weigh the risks involved in allowing users on our site. From time to time, we find accounts that have a risk that no longer justifies a continuing relationship with eBay. When that happens we restricted the account. As we see here, you're restricted from buying on eBay but you can still use it for selling.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Kind regards,

eBay Customer Service

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #2345 on: July 15, 2018, 12:07:36 AM »

I guess a few phone calls should help to unlock my account.

Famous last words.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Crunchy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: July 17, 2018, 09:07:15 PM »
I got an email today about my account being suspended for making too many orders while using guest checkout and circumventing the ebay polices.
  @Dan writes on the ms how one can place multiple orders with the coupon while using guest checkout, you are prone to have your account locked by doing that, which I'm not sure why Dan advertises such activity without writing proceed with caution or...
  Any matching info will be linked and have yourself shut down.
  There's ways to create stealth account and move on,  but why be busy with that when you can avoid the issue to begin with.

Email I received looked like this,

Hello myi,

Your account has been restricted for multiple violations of eBay?s Site Interference Policy. Unfortunately, this action became necessary when additional occurrences were identified around eBay Daily Deals quantity limits circumvention.

You will not be able to buy on eBay anymore. Your orders will be canceled.

We invite you to learn more about this policy at the following link.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyone-interference.html

We appreciate your understanding.

Thank you,

eBay
I was also lucky enough this week to get this.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: July 17, 2018, 09:11:05 PM »
I was also lucky enough this week to get this.
Welcome to the club.

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: August 02, 2018, 11:05:01 PM »
My buyer paid and wants me to ship to a different person and address. Seems he works on a cruise ship. Thoughts on what I need to do to protect myself?
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: August 07, 2018, 01:42:22 AM »
My buyer paid and wants me to ship to a different person and address. Seems he works on a cruise ship. Thoughts on what I need to do to protect myself?
Make sure theres a tracking number, and that you get the cash.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: August 08, 2018, 09:11:21 PM »
I'm probably too late, but in that circumstance, I had the buyer cancel his purchase and rebuy it with the mailing address he wants it shipped to.
To my understanding, if the seller ships to an address not in the purchase, he has no protection from eBay.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: August 15, 2018, 11:06:17 PM »
Selling an item on eBay and got a request to send a PayPal request.

Is there a reason for me to be scared to do the sale outside of eBay? And doesn't PayPal have protections as well?

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: August 15, 2018, 11:10:55 PM »
Selling an item on eBay and got a request to send a PayPal request.

Is there a reason for me to be scared to do the sale outside of eBay? And doesn't PayPal have protections as well?
Doing the sale outside of eBay violates their T&C's, you will be covered under PP's protection if you do it as goods and services though.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: August 15, 2018, 11:16:08 PM »
Doing the sale outside of eBay violates their T&C's, you will be covered under PP's protection if you do it as goods and services though.
I understood that I'm violating eBay's T&C. But I was wondering why the buyer would be interested in doing the sale outside of eBay. My assumption was that they can screw me through PayPal much easier the eBay.

Am I wrong?

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: August 16, 2018, 06:25:38 PM »
I understood that I'm violating eBay's T&C. But I was wondering why the buyer would be interested in doing the sale outside of eBay. My assumption was that they can screw me through PayPal much easier the eBay.

Am I wrong?
Bump

Offline theblakdavid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: August 16, 2018, 08:17:05 PM »
Bump
Not that I'm aware of, I've done that many times. They may be hoping for a price cut, or future purchases.

Offline nobiggy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: August 16, 2018, 08:42:13 PM »

Am I wrong?

Not worth your time. He'll most likely send you a fake email that looks as if you got money when you haven't.

Much easier to deal with eBay to settle issues then paypal which for starters will take you min. of an hour on the phone.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: August 16, 2018, 09:33:08 PM »
Not that I'm aware of, I've done that many times. They may be hoping for a price cut, or future purchases.

Ever had an issue?

Not worth your time. He'll most likely send you a fake email that looks as if you got money when you haven't.

Much easier to deal with eBay to settle issues then paypal which for starters will take you min. of an hour on the phone.
how can he make it "look" like I got money?

Offline theblakdavid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: August 16, 2018, 10:55:01 PM »
Ever had an issue?

No. There have been times that people tried to scam, by either asking to ship and they promise they pay or by sending fake email that looks like it came from Paypal, but didn't show in my paypal account. But I've never fallen for those. Iv'e had those on ebay too though.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: August 17, 2018, 12:17:34 AM »
No. There have been times that people tried to scam, by either asking to ship and they promise they pay or by sending fake email that looks like it came from Paypal, but didn't show in my paypal account. But I've never fallen for those. Iv'e had those on ebay too though.
Thanks