Topic Wiki

How to get someone at eBay (as a seller) who can actually help you:

Message them on Facebook (sounds weird buy I've done it and it works)

DM them on Twitter. (I've never done it but heard stories of success)

eBay Fee Calculators:

FinalFeeCalc

Author Topic: eBay: Master Thread  (Read 404120 times)

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: eBay: Master Thread
« Reply #2440 on: September 04, 2019, 05:48:52 PM »
Did eBay stop allowing searching and messaging a random member?
If the member has something for sale, go to that page and message him.  Otherwise, I never tried to contact a member.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #2441 on: September 07, 2019, 10:19:28 PM »
I had an offer for $20 final value fee Max for an item over $200.
   Now I listed in item for $760, while that was with the discounted $20 final value fee,and had another listing from before listed for $800 now I want to know if I can raise the discounted listing to 790 or 785 and have the buyer buy that one while I'll make an additional 25 bucks?

Meaning I have someone for the $800 listing,I'm going to tell them it's the same exact as the 785 listing if you could go ahead and buy that one as I have a discount on my account?

Offer expires in 1 to 2 hours so after that this question is pretty much useless.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: October 30, 2019, 11:21:51 PM »
Quick question for you guys.
 Nothing of importance.

Shipped out an 8q Ninja Pressure cooker to some guy, he received it and two days later I see negative review was left and requesting for the right one to be sent or a $100 partial refund.
  So to make a long story short he claims it was a 6 quart ninja cooker, now it's not the 6-quart because the 6-quart does not look like the one I shipped out, as I requested for him to send pictures of the one he received.
   In fact it's the 8-quart pressure cooker I shipped out.
He sent me a picture showing the coated cooking insert only being 24 cups or 6L which would make the pressure cooker only 6 quart not 8Q.
    Well after a bit of research it seems it's in fact 8Q and the actual inside is 8q but anything that would fit inside 8 quartz would have to be a tad smaller.
     Now whether he's happy or not I don't care as I do not accept returns especially he opened up the whole box and everything...

But boy did this guy go on a rant, i asked him to send some pictures and one of the pictures he's showing was his middle finger with the pressure cooker In the background.

Is there any point in me ratting him out to eBay or don't waste my time as he has my address and my name and everything...
  Hence the reason to use a different name or rather company name and a different address business address.
     it's funny how people jump to conclusions without doing research or asking what where why and how?!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #2443 on: October 30, 2019, 11:25:55 PM »
But boy did this guy go on a rant, i asked him to send some pictures and one of the pictures he's showing was his middle finger with the pressure cooker In the background.
So you are #1?  :)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: October 30, 2019, 11:30:15 PM »
Nah I think he was trying to show me his manicure he got, just doesn't go well with those funny looking fingers of his!

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: October 30, 2019, 11:33:08 PM »
3 sold fine, then started getting worried fourth buyer claims he never received it, next guy claims i sent the wrong one...

If I'm not mistaken isn't there a way to stop eBay buyers with X percentage from buying from you?
   meaning if they have bad ratings or if they're not a member for x amount of time?

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: October 31, 2019, 06:07:25 AM »
3 sold fine, then started getting worried fourth buyer claims he never received it, next guy claims i sent the wrong one...

If I'm not mistaken isn't there a way to stop eBay buyers with X percentage from buying from you?
   meaning if they have bad ratings or if they're not a member for x amount of time?
Ouch, sorry to hear that. If you have the pictures and the one with the middle finger the case is basically in your favor. eBay customer service is very helpful, all you have to do is find pictures of the insert of the 8q online and show them that it’s the same.
Some tips for annoying customers: I have very clear descriptions, so if a seller starts asking too many questions I automatically block them. I also have 100% feedback on 4 very active accounts, but buyers will leave negative feedback in rare occasions. When that happens I check the feedback they’ve left other sellers, almost all of the time they are repeat offenders and that’s enough proof for eBay to remove the feedback.
I know that it’s tempting to not accept returns, but it will hurt you in the long run. It doesn’t matter what your policies are, you need to be proactive offering partial refund or a return as soon as someone complains about the smallest thing. My rule of thumb is simple: I’m ready to forego any profit to make a customer happy, but I’ll negotiate if it would mean a loss. Sometimes the buyer isn’t trying to score anything but is actually clueless, inform them by referring to the manufacturer’s website and reminding them that their satisfaction is your #1 priority. I can go on and on, so feel free to PM me for eBay questions ;)

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: October 31, 2019, 01:01:41 PM »
Ouch, sorry to hear that. If you have the pictures and the one with the middle finger the case is basically in your favor. eBay customer service is very helpful, all you have to do is find pictures of the insert of the 8q online and show them that it’s the same.
Some tips for annoying customers: I have very clear descriptions, so if a seller starts asking too many questions I automatically block them. I also have 100% feedback on 4 very active accounts, but buyers will leave negative feedback in rare occasions. When that happens I check the feedback they’ve left other sellers, almost all of the time they are repeat offenders and that’s enough proof for eBay to remove the feedback.
I know that it’s tempting to not accept returns, but it will hurt you in the long run. It doesn’t matter what your policies are, you need to be proactive offering partial refund or a return as soon as someone complains about the smallest thing. My rule of thumb is simple: I’m ready to forego any profit to make a customer happy, but I’ll negotiate if it would mean a loss. Sometimes the buyer isn’t trying to score anything but is actually clueless, inform them by referring to the manufacturer’s website and reminding them that their satisfaction is your #1 priority. I can go on and on, so feel free to PM me for eBay questions ;)
Seems the actual ceramic insert is in fact 8 quartz but the Max capacity they want someone to use is 24 to 26 cups so it doesn't overflow.
 But in fact it's 8q, and you can fill it to 8q but once it starts to cook everything will start to overflow.
 Same as making a pot of chicken soup in a 10q pot and it starts to overflow, should you want to cook 10q you would want to do it in a 12q+.
   What you say I should do from here?
I sold him exactly what I listed brand new, and nothing different.
 Now he's not happy because you can only cook 6.5q in a 8q pot?!
    Just going to leave it as is and let him decide what he wants to do.

Offline Yammer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: November 05, 2019, 06:43:54 PM »
Any reason to be concerned about using buyers prepaid shipping label?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: November 07, 2019, 01:02:03 AM »
Any reason to be concerned about using buyers prepaid shipping label?
you can tell the buyer point-blank if it doesn't reach him he's the only one to blame.
   and you should know as long as you update and upload a tracking number you'll be covered by PayPal and by eBay which would result in the case being in favor of the seller.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: November 07, 2019, 01:04:21 AM »
Don't know if it's common or not but had eBay remove a negative feedback left by a Buyer.
  100% seller feedback and then one negative review left me at 87.5% or something like that.
   Took one phone call and got it done.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: November 07, 2019, 05:35:57 AM »
Don't know if it's common or not but had eBay remove a negative feedback left by a Buyer.
  100% seller feedback and then one negative review left me at 87.5% or something like that.
   Took one phone call and got it done.
It is. I have removed many. Do your part and eBay will use common sense, on top of what qualifies automatically, and have your back, unlike Amazon. I’ve had feedback removed just because I offered a free return and the buyer declined. Another thing that people don’t realize is that if a buyer opens a return but doesn’t ship on time you can call eBay to close the return. They actually open and close a case for that so any negative feedback from that transaction is automatically removed. You can also check if the buyer contradicts themselves in messages or threatens with negative feedback in any way (feedback extorsion).. I also like to check and see other feedback left by the buyer and report any (and ask for feedback removal) that abuses the system.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: November 08, 2019, 02:38:22 AM »
It is. I have removed many. Do your part and eBay will use common sense, on top of what qualifies automatically, and have your back, unlike Amazon. I’ve had feedback removed just because I offered a free return and the buyer declined. Another thing that people don’t realize is that if a buyer opens a return but doesn’t ship on time you can call eBay to close the return. They actually open and close a case for that so any negative feedback from that transaction is automatically removed. You can also check if the buyer contradicts themselves in messages or threatens with negative feedback in any way (feedback extorsion).. I also like to check and see other feedback left by the buyer and report any (and ask for feedback removal) that abuses the system.
This time was quite easy as I refered to the picture of his funny finger.
  he said he doesn't need any other reason that's good enough for him to remove the negative feedback.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: November 15, 2019, 10:33:59 AM »
I got a really good deal on an auction ending last Monday. Roughly half hour after winning the auction I get a message from the seller that the item was already sold on Craigslist. I called his bluff (he probably wanted to relist), didn't reply, and proceeded to pay because I knew I wouldn't have a case if I said "please cancel" or if he canceled because I didn't pay. Needless to say, the item shipped and came in the mail yesterday  ;D
I'm now unsure between leaving no feedback because for all I know he might do that to other unsuspecting buyers, or leaving positive feedback because he ended up doing the right thing.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: November 17, 2019, 01:43:31 AM »
I got a really good deal on an auction ending last Monday. Roughly half hour after winning the auction I get a message from the seller that the item was already sold on Craigslist. I called his bluff (he probably wanted to relist), didn't reply, and proceeded to pay because I knew I wouldn't have a case if I said "please cancel" or if he canceled because I didn't pay. Needless to say, the item shipped and came in the mail yesterday  ;D
I'm now unsure between leaving no feedback because for all I know he might do that to other unsuspecting buyers, or leaving positive feedback because he ended up doing the right thing.
Good for you and good for him! 👍😛

Offline sddd

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: November 24, 2019, 11:17:29 AM »
Anyone with experience with an MC011 Restriction?

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: November 24, 2019, 11:34:00 AM »
Anyone with experience with an MC011 Restriction?
Yes, what’s up?

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: November 25, 2019, 12:51:04 AM »
Sold an item, sent it out within the 3 Day timeframe, buyer was upset so I offered them a $5 courtesy credit.

I waited for them to receive the item, tried applying the credit but was unable, because they paid with CC.

In the meantime they left horrible feedback, claiming late shipping and that they never got the credit.

After talking to eBay they said that if I provide proof that I sent a PP of $5 they will remove the feedback. ( They see that the late shipping is inaccurate )

Is that true? ( Question is if I need to drive myself crazy to make the buyer happy)

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: November 25, 2019, 05:44:27 AM »
Sold an item, sent it out within the 3 Day timeframe, buyer was upset so I offered them a $5 courtesy credit.

I waited for them to receive the item, tried applying the credit but was unable, because they paid with CC.

In the meantime they left horrible feedback, claiming late shipping and that they never got the credit.

After talking to eBay they said that if I provide proof that I sent a PP of $5 they will remove the feedback. ( They see that the late shipping is inaccurate )

Is that true? ( Question is if I need to drive myself crazy to make the buyer happy)

eBay is awesome in that they will remove feedback if it is not relevant. If the item wasn't late but the buyer still left negative feedback only about it, they would have removed it. Now that you offered $5 have got to follow through, meaning you should have asked the seller how else you could issue it, or if a GC was an option.
I value feedback and have thousands of 100% positive across multiple accounts. I wouldn't say that I drive myself crazy, but I do solve each complaint with the same professionalism I would expect from a seller. I definitely put a price on negative feedback and so should you based if you sell on eBay frequently.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: December 01, 2019, 06:13:52 PM »
eBay is awesome in that they will remove feedback if it is not relevant. If the item wasn't late but the buyer still left negative feedback only about it, they would have removed it. Now that you offered $5 have got to follow through, meaning you should have asked the seller how else you could issue it, or if a GC was an option.
I value feedback and have thousands of 100% positive across multiple accounts. I wouldn't say that I drive myself crazy, but I do solve each complaint with the same professionalism I would expect from a seller. I definitely put a price on negative feedback and so should you based if you sell on eBay frequently.
I agree with you 100% that it's the way to go. It's just that this buyer started complaining before they even purchased the item...

I don't think they will agree to a resolution with me. I gave them an extra $5 though.