Author Topic: credit card for building a home  (Read 762 times)

Offline shoshannahh

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
credit card for building a home
« on: March 10, 2014, 11:11:47 AM »
I've reviewed the thread on credit cards, but I wasn't sure which route to go.  We are building a home and the builder told us we can pay the bills for the materials via credit cards.  we will be spending a lot over the next year and would like to capitalize on the rewards.  Should I rather open one card which would be easiest (and if yes which would be best for this?) or is it worth it to open as many cards as there are and get the sign up bonuses but then need to keep track of everything? would i even be approved to open so many cards within a few months?

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: credit card for building a home
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 11:17:51 AM »
The way to capitalize on the rewards is in sign up bonuses.  If you can see your way to open many, on a rolling basis (every 2-3 months new 3BM - alternate opening for yourself and your husband).
To keep track you can use mint.com  You give them your log in info and they put all transactions on a list.
All cc payments can be on auto pay - it takes the money out of your bank account on time and you never miss a payment.  (the fear of many with multiple cc's)

good luck
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: credit card for building a home
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:18:41 AM »
I've reviewed the thread on credit cards, but I wasn't sure which route to go.  We are building a home and the builder told us we can pay the bills for the materials via credit cards.  we will be spending a lot over the next year and would like to capitalize on the rewards.  Should I rather open one card which would be easiest (and if yes which would be best for this?) or is it worth it to open as many cards as there are and get the sign up bonuses but then need to keep track of everything? would i even be approved to open so many cards within a few months?

This is a similar thread to yours and may give you helpful information:

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=38290.0