Author Topic: Playgroup Issues  (Read 4049 times)

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
Re: Playgroup Issues
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 03:55:47 AM »
I know this sounds a bit nuts but how bout keep your kid home for 3-4 days and see how she is at home. Maybe bring over a friend as well (i know shes two but im sure you have a niece or nephew that can come over)

Its more of an experiment. If she does well, then you know that churnbaby's theory is wrong. If she has a hard time and more than just taking off her shoes and such then you know you need to work on certain personality traits with her.

(obviously this idea is a bit far fetched being that im sure you and your wife are working and you dont have days to take off, but just in case you can...).

The last option is the truth game which i personally love to play. Go to the teacher in person and say please explain to me every detail of my daughters bad days. (it can be hard for you to hear if she is truly a hard kid, but it can be very good for the teacher to realize that MAYBE she just doesnt give your daughter the proper attention and your daughter is truly just a 2 yr old who needs to be a bit more active than others). are you giving kickbacks? that usually brings up the attention span of teachers... jk ;)
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline judahk88

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 08:51:18 AM »
Don't take this the wrong way but its possible the morah was being sensitive.
She didn't feel comfortable saying that the kid is impossible.........

These days, kids with behavioral problems can usually be mainstreamed by the time first grade comes about. Its called early intervention. From age 3 evaluation is free in NJ.   Don't ignore it if you're concerned. Kids take effort!
Good luck!:)
Don't worry If I was the type to take things the wrong way I wouldn't have asked for input. I have nothing wrong with timeouts if my kid was pulling other kids hair or hitting other kids on a constant basis, but the reasons the morah gave were very bad reasons if why my daughter needs timeouts. Also, when my wife picks up my daughter every day it is very hard for her to hear (almost every day) my daughter tell her "morah gave me a time out". Bottom line is I pay the teacher good money every month and it is her job to take care of my daughter if she can't handle a kid who" takes off her shoes" or "throws food on the floor" then maybe she should look for another profession.
The teacher might not be to blame. From seeing these things up close, one child can give hell to a teacher.
I'm don't think that the story was posted, or even told to you.
That is very possible that the whole story was not told to me and its possible that my daughter is doing things like hitting and pulling hair, but if that's the case don't you think the morah should tell me or my wife instead of beating around the bush?
I know this sounds a bit nuts but how bout keep your kid home for 3-4 days and see how she is at home. Maybe bring over a friend as well (i know shes two but im sure you have a niece or nephew that can come over)

Its more of an experiment. If she does well, then you know that churnbaby's theory is wrong. If she has a hard time and more than just taking off her shoes and such then you know you need to work on certain personality traits with her.

(obviously this idea is a bit far fetched being that im sure you and your wife are working and you dont have days to take off, but just in case you can...).

The last option is the truth game which i personally love to play. Go to the teacher in person and say please explain to me every detail of my daughters bad days. (it can be hard for you to hear if she is truly a hard kid, but it can be very good for the teacher to realize that MAYBE she just doesnt give your daughter the proper attention and your daughter is truly just a 2 yr old who needs to be a bit more active than others). are you giving kickbacks? that usually brings up the attention span of teachers... jk ;)
  Technically I could do that becuase my wife doesn't work, but we spend the whole shabbos and sunday with my daughter and watch her play with neighbors and her cousins and she doesn't misbehave in any crazy way... I don't mind hearing if my kid doesn't behave, but I believe that the teacher has to handle the kids since this is what she is getting paid to do.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:57:54 AM by judahk88 »

Offline judahk88

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 08:59:13 AM »
If a kid is impossible a good teacher would still talk to the parents about it and try to work on things. Feeling bad to tell the parents the truth isn't their job.

Obviously different factors come into play. Some parents don't want to hear things and you won't get anywhere anyways and have to try a different approach. Either way in terms of the OPs case he needs to send her somewhere where they are willing to put in the energy and effort.

I don't know what kind of playgroup this kid is going to but many times the issue is just trying to make a 2 year old kid act like they're in school for hours when they should just be playing for most of the time.
+100. I always said that playgroups are glorified babysitters.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 10:00:55 AM »
On second thoughts, no kid should be getting daily time outs. Find a new mora asap. Something is either wrong with the mora or your kid has a problem withe this specific mora/kids causing her to act out. Either way.

Many morahs have vacancies or will be willing to take an extra kid. Speak to a Rov he will (should) permit pulling out of current mora due to daily TO.

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 10:08:29 AM »
If a TWO year old kid is constantly ...needing to be 'punished' and put in time out (and I personally don't think a 2 year old should be put in time out anyways) then eventually a teacher should realize that a different approach needs to be taken.

+100
^^^

Offline satturn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kotel Security Pass
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 11:24:03 AM »
in my daughters playgroup there is one girl that really gives my daughter and others in the group a hard time due to her misbehavior. We had a very hard time trying to convince the teacher to speak to the parents of the girl. When she did, she whitewashed it a lot, so the parents ignored it. 

Offline myb821

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 11:28:35 AM »
in my daughters playgroup there is one girl that really gives my daughter and others in the group a hard time due to her misbehavior. We had a very hard time trying to convince the teacher to speak to the parents of the girl. When she did, she whitewashed it a lot, so the parents ignored it.
are your kids in the same playgroup  ;D :P

Offline judahk88

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 11:32:16 AM »
are your kids in the same playgroup  ;D :P
Haha. Being that his location is Israel and mine is NY I don't think so, but I got worried for a second!