Author Topic: Any Lawyers out there of whom I may ask a question?  (Read 137176 times)

Offline ElectricCPR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Any Lawyers out there of whom I may ask a question?
« Reply #360 on: June 28, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »
Anyone is/ knows an auto insurance lawyer to fight a claim?
PS I'm located in NYC

Offline theblakdavid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 06, 2018, 11:43:40 AM »
Looking for a lawyer for education/ schooling issue. My wife's graduate is causing major issues about her (small) absence and (little) delay in handing in work, while the reasons are pregnancy and religion (Pesach). We have notified them beforehand about holidays and preg but they have not been accomodating at all (title ix maybe). They want to kick her out of the graduate program, while we're fine with that we want our tuition (12k) back! There may even be grounds for lawsuit here but I'll be happy to pay a lawyer just to get back our money. Any ideas?

Offline Berenstein Bear

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 09, 2018, 01:15:17 PM »
I have a complicated upcoming STD/maternity leave situation. Trying to get clarity on NY/NJ disability. Anyone out there familiar? Who could I reach out to?

Offline jiyeone60

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 10, 2018, 11:47:12 AM »
Anyone know what kind of lawyer I need in this case? So I signed a contract to rent out some luxury items to this corporation for a fee every month. They have been late for payment for a month and have been nearly impossible to contact. It seems like they may be trying to pocket the goods and may try to disappear. However I dug up some home addresses of some of the officers/workers there. How do I recover my items?

Offline mercaz1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 10, 2018, 12:26:13 PM »
Anyone know what kind of lawyer I need in this case? So I signed a contract to rent out some luxury items to this corporation for a fee every month. They have been late for payment for a month and have been nearly impossible to contact. It seems like they may be trying to pocket the goods and may try to disappear. However I dug up some home addresses of some of the officers/workers there. How do I recover my items?

sue them for breach of contract.

Offline beeweegee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2018, 10:39:32 PM »
Anyone familiar with employment law in NJ? Specifically regarding restrictions in a contract like non-competes, etc.

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #366 on: July 27, 2018, 06:44:49 PM »
I received 2 letters from a university that one of their financial aid employees sent my 2 daughters FAFSA by mistake to a different family, it includes ours and my daughters SSN, D.OB. address etc, they apologized and offered 6 months free credit monitoring , is there any legal action we can take against the university by checking with an attorney to sue, this is scary stuff, all our personal info sent to strangers. Any opinions?
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline gubevo18

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 12, 2018, 12:58:33 AM »
Any lawyers in jersey I can ask a quick question?
Moe than happy to compensate for your time. Just don’t know who to call. Shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.

Offline jmz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 23, 2018, 10:57:38 AM »
Anyone here familiar with probate estates?
have a quick question to ask.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2018, 11:04:10 PM »
Few weeks ago I opened a warranty claim for my pool heater on a Saturday night. I get an email that abc pool (name changed to protect the stupid) will be contacting me within 48 business hours to schedule.
Sunday I speak to my regular pool guy who advises me how I may fix the heater and i try and it works. By Monday  it’s up to where it should be.
My wife takes kids to camp and comes home and calls in a panic that there’s someone in our backyard! ABC pool truck is in front and she looks in back and they are fiddling with the heater. Mind you I never specified what the issue was.
I told her to tell them to leave as they never contacted us to schedule it and I don’t need it. They were very nice and left. She didn’t sign anything.
I called American home shield, the warranty company and tel them what happened and that I don’t need service. I ask if I will be charged and they said that a) ahs doesn’t even see that abc had set up an appointment and b) they absolutely cannot come without falling first.

Later that day someone from abc calls me angrily that they showed up and we told them to leave. I said that nobody called to schedule and we canceled the service and they didn’t even know what the issue was so how can ups they try to fix it!
The guy responded that they have a contract with ahs and can go onto properties without speaking t the homeowner first. That by starting a service request it allows this.
I adamantly disagreed and said that’s not true you need to call and he ended up hanging up on me.
I called ahs back and they confirmed the guy was full of garbage and they cannot go in without first calling. 
I attached the relevant image from my contract showing 2b that they have to call.

Today I see a fedex label created to me from a law firm with the name abc pool company as a reference.
I don’t know if it’s a notice of bills due or what it is.
Am I in any way liable here? I can’t imagine I am but I really don’t want to have to hire a lawyer and have to counter sue for attorney fees.
Once I get the package I’ll obviously call ahs as I believe the company can only go after ahs since my service fee ($100 mind you) always goes to ahs and they pay the contractor.
Is there any way they can go after me for the full charge of the call?
Or are they essentially messed over because they violated the contract and then were technically trespassing?
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #370 on: September 04, 2018, 11:09:43 PM »
Few weeks ago I opened a warranty claim for my pool heater on a Saturday night. I get an email that abc pool (name changed to protect the stupid) will be contacting me within 48 business hours to schedule.
Sunday I speak to my regular pool guy who advises me how I may fix the heater and i try and it works. By Monday  it’s up to where it should be.
My wife takes kids to camp and comes home and calls in a panic that there’s someone in our backyard! ABC pool truck is in front and she looks in back and they are fiddling with the heater. Mind you I never specified what the issue was.
I told her to tell them to leave as they never contacted us to schedule it and I don’t need it. They were very nice and left. She didn’t sign anything.
I called American home shield, the warranty company and tel them what happened and that I don’t need service. I ask if I will be charged and they said that a) ahs doesn’t even see that abc had set up an appointment and b) they absolutely cannot come without falling first.

Later that day someone from abc calls me angrily that they showed up and we told them to leave. I said that nobody called to schedule and we canceled the service and they didn’t even know what the issue was so how can ups they try to fix it!
The guy responded that they have a contract with ahs and can go onto properties without speaking t the homeowner first. That by starting a service request it allows this.
I adamantly disagreed and said that’s not true you need to call and he ended up hanging up on me.
I called ahs back and they confirmed the guy was full of garbage and they cannot go in without first calling. 
I attached the relevant image from my contract showing 2b that they have to call.

Today I see a fedex label created to me from a law firm with the name abc pool company as a reference.
I don’t know if it’s a notice of bills due or what it is.
Am I in any way liable here? I can’t imagine I am but I really don’t want to have to hire a lawyer and have to counter sue for attorney fees.
Once I get the package I’ll obviously call ahs as I believe the company can only go after ahs since my service fee ($100 mind you) always goes to ahs and they pay the contractor.
Is there any way they can go after me for the full charge of the call?
Or are they essentially messed over because they violated the contract and then were technically trespassing?
crazy story!
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 04, 2018, 11:15:59 PM »
crazy story!
Yup! Ive cancelled multiple service requests prior to arrival (even after scheduling) and had no issue!
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 05, 2018, 01:58:22 AM »
Are there any lawyers here that are familiar with gaming laws either in NJ or NYC? Could you PM me?

Offline ElectricCPR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 06, 2018, 09:52:46 AM »
Any patent lawyers out there? Please PM me

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #374 on: September 06, 2018, 02:18:41 PM »
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 06, 2018, 02:34:28 PM »
Got the letter
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 06, 2018, 02:35:52 PM »
Potential new review

I opened a claim saturday night with my warranty company, got an email saying they would call for an appointment. Monday at 920AM my wife comes home and they let themselves into my yard and were messing with my equipment.
They did not call to set up an appointment. They did not know what was wrong, they just opened the fence and walked to my backyard like they owned the place and started an unauthorized exploratory search of my equipment. Nothing appears damaged so at least i don't need a new claim for that.

They called me and were adamant that what they did is how they always work and is the correct way. Given that i have had at least 6 other different services from AHS, and they all called first, i find it very hard to believe that they legitimately believe they can just waltz onto someone's property without their express consent.

I received a letter today,9/6 complaining about some of the words I used in my original review. They did NOT argue that they had entered my property without permission, nor did they in any way claim that my story was untrue or that they had in fact been in compliance with their contract.

According to http://www.dashfarrow.com/criminal-law/criminal-trespassing/, Defiant Trespassing is defined as “ New Jersey Statutes (NJSA) 2C:18-3b explains that a person commits a petty disorderly offense if he or she had been notified against trespassing but still chose enter or remain in a place. The warning could have been verbal, through signage or via fencing designed to keep intruders out.”
As my entire property is fenced in (albeit unlocked), one could argue that there is notification against trespassing. As such one might read my review above and then read the definition of trespassing and perhaps connect the dots. 

READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline miles lover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 25, 2018, 02:32:09 AM »
Anyone know a lawyer who would sue a shipping company for lying about delivery ? The shipping company  did not attempt delivery. I lost a lot from it. It’s a bit of a hard house to get to so I’m assuming the person was lazy and just skipped it.

Offline emineh17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 31, 2018, 10:07:24 AM »
Hi,

Looking for a lawyer that can tell me if I have a case to sue.
My son broke his leg in a park.

Please PM

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 31, 2018, 12:47:53 PM »
Hi,

Looking for a lawyer that can tell me if I have a case to sue.
My son broke his leg in a park.

Please PM

Call a personal injury lawyer