Author Topic: Macy's repeatable coupons  (Read 2014 times)

Offline oreo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Silver. Formerly United 1K, Delta Platinum,. Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Macy's repeatable coupons
« on: March 13, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
Was at Macy's today and the person helping us did a neat trick.  If you have a registry of any sort, even an old one, as long as it is active:

• There is currently a promotion that if you make a purchase on your registry, even if your registry is long past the completion period (6 months), you get a coupon for $20 off a $50 purchase ($50 can include tax)
    This can happen an infinite number of times
    Even if an item is not on your registry, it can be added at time of purchase
    You can split up a purchase of smaller items so that each purchase is as close to $50 (without going under) as possible
    Coupons are instant so you can use each one towards the next purchase

As an example, I just bought about $230 worth of merchandise (clearance prices) and got an additional $80 off. Each purchase ended up being $30-40 instead of $50-60.

Not sure how great of a deal this is objectively but given that I was already in the store buying stuff, it worked out pretty well.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:22:41 PM by oreo »

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
Re: Macy's repeatable coupons
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »
Works on gc?
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline HP58

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 01:31:57 AM »
Works on gc?
Love how your mind works... ;D

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 05:54:30 AM »
Love how your mind works... ;D
Its def up there in wonders of the world. ;)

Scary enough i have to admit it has been trained ny the best... Saver2000 & bubbles.
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline oreo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Silver. Formerly United 1K, Delta Platinum,. Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 08:11:18 AM »
Found the terms online here:
http://www.macys.com/registry/wedding/m/give-a-gift-get-a-gift-promo?cm_sp=us_gna-_-0614_mreg_banners_GV_1095677.gif-_-Macy%27s-Biggest-One-Day-Sale%2C-Free-Shipping-Every-Day-with-%2499-purchase-applied-at-checkout-and-excludes-furniture-and-mattresses%2C-U.S.-shipping-only%2C-exclusions-apply%2C-Take-%2420-off%2C-shop-their-registry-now-and-take-%2420-off-your-next-purchase-of-%2450

No, GCs don't count :(

But what I didn't realize is that it's not specifically for completing your own registry, it's for buying off of anyone's registry--and just happens to work on your own.

However I can say that you can keep getting these coupons up until March 31st, and the coupon will receive is good through April 30.

Offline wayfe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 01:13:35 PM »
Here's the t&c:

From February 26 through March 31, 2014, when you shop a couple's registry, you'll receive an online promo code to take $20 off your next $50 purchase. Excludes: Everyday Values (EDV), Doorbusters, Deals of the Day, furniture, mattresses & area rugs/floor coverings, cosmetics, fragrances, athletic shoes for him, her & kids, electrics/electronics; products offered by vendors who operate leased departments in any of our stores including eSpot, Burberry, Dallas Cowboys merchandise, Gucci, Longchamp, Louis Vuitton, New Era, NFL Gear; all regular-priced: bridge & designer handbags & shoes, designer sportswear, watches, Impulse, Oval Room, 28 Shop, All-Clad, Eileen Fisher, Emporia Armani,Tommy Bahama, Breitling watches, Coach, Dooney & Bourke, Dyson, Ghurka, Henckels, Juicy, Lacoste, Lalique, Lauren/Polo/Ralph Lauren/Denim & Supply, LeCreuset, Levi's, Lladro, Locker Room by lids, Marchesa, Michael Aram, MICHAEL Michael Kors/Michael Kors, The North Face, NYDJ, kate spade new york, Sperry Top-Sider, Star Power by SPANX, Sterling flatware, Swarovski, Tumi, Vera Wang, Wacoal, Waterford China/Crystal/Silver, Wusthof, selected licensed Depts. Not valid on: previous purchases, special orders, special purchases, services, gift cards, jewelry trunk shows, payment on credit accounts; bridal salons, restaurants, gourmet foods, wine. Cannot be combined with any savings pass/coupon, extra discount or credit offer, except opening a new Macy's account. Dollar savings are allocated as discounts off each eligible item, as shown on receipt. When you return an item, you forfeit the savings allocated to that item. This coupon has no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash, used to purchase gift cards or applied as payment or credit to your account. Purchase must be $50 or more, exclusive of tax and delivery fees. One savings pass per transaction. Valid for one-time use only online. Expires April 30, 2014. Online single-use promo code will not work in-store, but comparable offer is available. See your Registry Consultant for more details.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline wayfe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »
Works on gc?

If you're asking if you can purchase a gc with it- then no, but if you're asking if you can pay by gc- seem's like yes.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline oreo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 01:54:27 PM »
If you're asking if you can purchase a gc with it- then no, but if you're asking if you can pay by gc- seem's like yes.

You can definitely pay by gc, which is what I did.